Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,474 Views | 231779 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts on NIO long term? Anyone?
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Tesla 1875/1950 call weekly spread
buy the 1875, sell the 1950? I like this!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Is anyone else in on XERS? I mentioned it here a few pages back I believe as a long play and so far its been a pretty solid ramp up and I do believe there's room for more. (Please take any advice from me w a grain of salt I plead!)
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

yes. 1904 is my break even.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

That's what it be.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
Jet Black said:

Looks like it just finished a cup n handle on the daily... I'd bet it tests all time highs again soon as long as markets hold and no Chinese stock news. Bolly bands are also tightening.

here's the next fib levels up on the daily chart:

16.44 is the all time high, break and hold that and we're off to the races.
E
AG
Jet Black said:

I have a bunch of 1/21/21 $5 calls I plan on exercising
ProgN
Hope everyone is out of SRNE
fooz
Prognightmare said:

Jet Black
Thanks Brew and E
wanderer
Quick question - I had some SQ Dec calls there were net free and have been selling OTM calls against them. There's a chance that these will be ITM come Friday. I know that I could buy them back and be fine, but what happens if I didnt?

I've been called out on covered calls before and just lost my shares. Would this be similar to being called out on naked calls (have never dipped my toes in that water) or does me having further out strike dates affect how this is treated? This is in TDA if that matters.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
fooz said:

Prognightmare said:

WOWZERS, sold 80% of my position yesterday in it. Left a bit not wanting to get left behind completely if indeed they had a breakthrough of any kind.
Legend
AG
Ranger222 said:

oldarmy1 said:

The Fool is seeing it now....MGNI
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/08/18/magnites-execution-impresses/

They also talked about it on an Industry Focus podcast just a couple of days ago...might have been Friday's? The show was about stocks that could 10x...they are bullish on the digital ad space thanks to TTD, even though MGNI operates on the front end. Biggest criticism was the recent merger and rebranding in terms of taking a couple quarters to sort everything out but overall very positive.
Do we think there is going to be another dip, or is this still a good entry point (if it really is going to be a 10 bagger)?
wanderer
Not to be rude, but no one knows the answer to that question.

Look at it this way, if we all thought there was going to be another dip, do you think so many of us would own a lot of shares?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Legend said:

Ranger222 said:

oldarmy1 said:

They also talked about it on an Industry Focus podcast just a couple of days ago...might have been Friday's? The show was about stocks that could 10x...they are bullish on the digital ad space thanks to TTD, even though MGNI operates on the front end. Biggest criticism was the recent merger and rebranding in terms of taking a couple quarters to sort everything out but overall very positive.
Do we think there is going to be another dip, or is this still a good entry point (if it really is going to be a 10 bagger)?
Also, if its a true 10X will buying in at $7.44 vs $7.28 really make that much difference? Lol, I mean I guess it will if you're dropping a few hundred k on your buy in or if the stock tanks but you get what I'm saying haha
Legend
AG
wanderer said:

Not to be rude, but no one knows the answer to that question.

Look at it this way, if we all thought there was going to be another dip, do you think so many of us would own a lot of shares?
I understand no one "knows". I haven't followed this particular stock until someone posted the motley link. I am just a casual reader of this thread. After seeing the link, I did a quick search of the thread over the past few weeks for MGNI and noted someone mentioned a pattern/common trend and suggested selling and buying back on the dip. Was just curious if anyone had an opinion that it might dip again...ie. wait to buy if you're not already holding. And again to be clear, I was just asking for people's thoughts, not expecting anyone to have a definitive answer.

And, I guess to answer your question. Yes, people could expect a dip, but still own a lot of shares if they were holding it as a longer term play and didn't want to get in and out and back in again. I know a lot of this thread is about swing trading, but not 100% of it.

Legend
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Legend said:

Ranger222 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Also, if its a true 10X will buying in at $7.44 vs $7.28 really make that much difference? Lol, I mean I guess it will if you're dropping a few hundred k on your buy in or if the stock tanks but you get what I'm saying haha
very true (which is what my parenthetical was meant to address). although, I was thinking more like a dip back to the low $6's.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

I've got 12/15/18p flys, could creep back in
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
wanderer
I get that. Hope you didn't take my post the wrong way.
ProgN
Personally, I'd wait to see what the macro market does once we break 3400 on SPX before I took an initial position. JMO
Bird Poo
AG
I'm out of all COVID stocks. We will reach the same immunity before mass distribution of a vaccine.

AgEng06
AG
The answer that you seek used to go by RUBI. Do a search in this thread for it.
gougler08
AG
PearlJammin said:

I'm out of all COVID stocks. We will reach the same immunity before mass distribution of a vaccine.

A lot of states are already on their downward slopes as we get to the magic 20-25% mark
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

Personally, I'd wait to see what the macro market does once we break 3400 on SPX before I took an initial position. JMO
I'm still relatively new to all this, but if busting through ATH's are bullish for big stocks, perhaps it is as well on the S&P? and not just a bit past it, parabolic!
ProgN
I think the market wants a print at 3400 and then we will start to see weakness in the market. The low volume at these levels doesn't make me believe we see follow through.
Colt98
AG
I think the sideline moneys are waiting on election clarification.
Cartographer
So who all had issues with TOS Monday and Tuesday? One of my positions ran well past the target unexpectedly and I missed out.

Not a big deal but still disappointing.
tailgatetimer10
AG
yeah I am going to sell anything related tomorrow. wow.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Last week was the awakening I needed on covid stocks when Putin claimed vaccine and all the covids tanked for a day. Thats when I decided to minimize all my covid exposure.
Imagine a legit breakthrough and how that'll play in that arena if you are heavy on covid plays but aren't holding the winner. It would be a bad bad few days.
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
gig em 02
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Last week was the awakening I needed on covid stocks when Putin claimed vaccine and all the covids tanked for a day. Thats when I decided to minimize all my covid exposure.
Imagine a legit breakthrough and how that'll play in that arena if you are heavy on covid plays but aren't holding the winner. It would be a bad bad few days.

By covid stocks do you mean srne/gild type stocks or zm, dbx, etc?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Rlftf...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Companies that are only trying to do covid stuff, or whose growth speculation is heavily tied to coming up with vaccines/treatments/therapies for covid.

Ya Id def consider RLFTF in that group. Im in on them too still but only with money I can afford to lose and I've taken some profits already as well.

Just my opinion of course.
Whitehouse Road
AG
Dang John Carter with a $3.7mil trade on TSLA.
Ragoo
AG
Whitehouse Road said:

Dang John Carter with a $3.7mil trade on TSLA.
source?
First Page Last Page
Page 2051 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.