Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,072 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WoMD said:

ONTX dropping nicely after hours for anyone who missed the drop earlier.

Maybe...
I bought more low 90s this morning. I'm capped out on it though and finding myself a lil nervous. I know its a volatile stock and I have a lot of other volatile ones too, but I bought back in way too much around 117 and hoping we can get back there soon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I guess you are limiting your upside loss by covering your call. Your gains are basically capped at the premiums you take? Would you try to sell a call x% above the current share price? Would the put strike you sell be that same % below share price?
Fireman
AG
Well I appreciate the compliment and recognize that your posts on this thread regarding fly's gave me the idea to learn more about them and the courage to try it out, which is now a nice tool in the tool belt.

I can't today (not enough time) but I will commit to over the next couple of days post my thoughts on exiting fly positions. The first couple of times I tried the fly strategy, I bungled the exits and cost myself some cash, so maybe sharing this well help some folks on the fence about trying out the fly strategy.
khaos288
AG
Yeah, I think you'd pick a call strike right about the current channel, and a put strike just above the bottom. You'd attempt to scalp the bottom and not get called out.
Ragoo
AG
Who thinks Tesla pulls back to the 1500 capitulation line? That is kind of the oscillation line over the past month.
McInnis 03
AG
I feel like the impending split is gonna keep it propped up
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think Tesla soars past ATH. It held up well on a sleepy Friday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am really thinking about buying 100 Tesla long and selling a covered call for $1,800. This feels like a can't lose trade.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am really thinking about buying 100 Tesla long and selling a covered call for $1,800. This feels like a can't lose trade.

Posts like this are why I'm glad we can't trade on Friday evenings! This sounds very interesting, but I'm glad I have to think about this more sober before dropping coin!
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Posts like this are why I'm glad we can't trade on Friday evenings! This sounds very interesting, but I'm glad I have to think about this more sober before dropping coin!
that and $165,000 dollars
BrokeAssAggie
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'll have to take a look at this tomorrow
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Why not hold onto your cash and sell the put instead?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The premium on a Sept11 $1800 call is only 4% of the share price and for a $1750 call it's only 5.5%. Does the higher share price change the premium to share price relationship? Especially for a stock that's a RH darling? Many investors there could buy partial shares but can't afford to buy partial contracts?

Maybe there's some spread value in TSLA?
ProgN
There's no math allowed on Friday nights.
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

The premium on a Sept11 $1800 call is only 4% of the share price and for a $1750 call it's only 5.5%. Does the higher share price change the premium to share price relationship? Especially for a stock that's a RH darling? Many investors there could buy partial shares but can't afford to buy partial contracts?

Maybe there's some spread value in TSLA?
1750-1650+91 = $191
1800-1650+73 = $223

What is the question?
drred4
Prognightmare said:

There's no math allowed on Friday nights.

Only drinking, his Liver should know this.
drred4
Anyone dip into CVAC today. I did for a short time but go nervous and bailed. Profit is profit.
0708aggie
AG
BTC at + 11,900
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
NRD09 said:

Why not hold onto your cash and sell the put instead?

My plan will be to buy the shares around $1,600 in either premarket or cash session Monday and then sell the weekly 1800C, then see how the stock behaves after the split on 08/31, in which case I might keep selling calls or dump the stock.

Regarding your question, I think the stock will go up similar to Apple and I would much rather have the call assigned at 1800 than have a put assigned at 1800. If I had been really smart, I would have sold a 1650 put expiring today to get assigned and then execute the strategy, but who could have guessed the stock would split?
Square Pair
AG
I bought XOM at $53 and it is now $43. It's a long term hold. Question is for you experienced traders...is there anything to gain by selling now and taking a loss but immediately rebuying the stock at the lower price vice just holding and waiting for it to increase back to original?
Ragoo
AG
Square Pair said:

I bought XOM at $53 and it is now $43. It's a long term hold. Question is for you experienced traders...is there anything to gain by selling now and taking a loss but immediately rebuying the stock at the lower price vice just holding and waiting for it to increase back to original?
that would be a wash sales rule and your cost basis would be the average of the two. Unless you wait 30 days I think.
gougler08
AG
Square Pair said:

You'd have to wait 30 days before rebuying it to avoid the wash sale rule (assuming you're wanting to sell at a loss for tax purposes)

So you'd probably want to wait until the dividend dates to make sure you at least get that cash...not sure what the XOM dates are
GigEmRangers75455
Square Pair said:

I was in at 47 per share and just sold yesterday at 43. I was tired of watching everything else continue to go up so my plan is to circle back around. Be sure to wait at least 30 days to buy it back though because of tax implications.
Square Pair
AG
Thank you!
txaggie_08
AG
Square Pair said:

You should probably just buy additional shares now to lower your dollar cost average. Otherwise you have to sell now and wait at least 30 days. Then what happens if price has increased up to the high 40s or 50s?
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Square Pair said:

You'd have to wait 30 days before rebuying it to avoid the wash sale rule (assuming you're wanting to sell at a loss for tax purposes)

So you'd probably want to wait until the dividend dates to make sure you at least get that cash...not sure what the XOM dates are

XOM went ex-div this past Wednesday so he's share holder if record and will receive the dividend on 9/12 regardless if he sells the underlying stock on Monday.
Betoisafurry
Time to short $DKNG?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-14/draftkings-fanduel-fees-deemed-taxable-in-landmark-irs-memo?sref=KkPzpZvz&utm_source=url_link

SIAP I thougt today was the 14th
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What do you guys think about shorting ZM?
ProgN

I'd be scared to but technically it looks like it's going to drop hard should we have any type of a correction.
gvine07
AG
Looch and Pete Thamel retweeted this so no need to throw political stuff to the messenger, but this looks like some on the companies making money on COVID tests just got a bunch of competition.

Brewmaster
AG

Strip Strangle it... 2 puts to 1 call ratio. That was a new term to me, had to look it up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am friends with a VC working on a super rapid covid detection kit. Literally Star Trek stuff and it works. I think we will have some normalcy in the next 3-4 months
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

Strip Strangle it... 2 puts to 1 call ratio. That was a new term to me, had to look it up.

Why not just have a smaller position size and risk it all or 50%? The interesting conflict is the weekly vs the daily.
59 South
AG
Great news. I can say it's pretty darn normal here in the UK now and has been for a month or so no matter what dribble the bbc puts out for the world to see. Hope America can get there soon.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
First Page Last Page
Page 2038 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.