Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,904,121 Views | 231376 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
djmeen95
AG
McInnis 03 said:

jj9000 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

McFly - are you going to play CSCO?
nah.
so when are you starting a sub service where you call out plays? McFly the Stonk Strangler!

I would join just for the McInnis to McInnis public 1 on 1 beratings.
Dude, you said SDC was a great fly to go south, then it bounced back! Yeah, well DUDE, I didn't realize they'd be issuing great 4th quarter news at the same damn time. The fly was priced well within the range of the implied move. Well that's all and great, but I pay you to give me picks! You got a pick, it was right for a few minutes. SINK OR SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK SUCKA. OH, THAT'S HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS?! NO THAT'S HOW I TREAT MYSELF ........ SUCKA!

The best part of this, for me, was the immediate next post of you laughing at you.

Priceless.
AgEng06
AG
So... when does football start back again? McInnis needs a distraction.
Barty Dont Hedge
McInnis 03 said:

jj9000 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

nah.
so when are you starting a sub service where you call out plays? McFly the Stonk Strangler!

Dude, you said SDC was a great fly to go south, then it bounced back! Yeah, well DUDE, I didn't realize they'd be issuing great 4th quarter news at the same damn time. The fly was priced well within the range of the implied move. Well that's all and great, but I pay you to give me picks! You got a pick, it was right for a few minutes. SINK OR SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK SUCKA. OH, THAT'S HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS?! NO THAT'S HOW I TREAT MYSELF ........ SUCKA!
I have a slogan for you: Why buy it when you can McFly it.
tailgatetimer10
AG
thread is going to die during the season. gamblers wont need the market anymore...
AgEng06
AG
Perfect
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
So the ONTX news seems promising:

-Plenty of cash to last THROUGH 2021
-Preparing an NDA to protect a product they believe will be big
-Little to no chance of offering
-It's up a little bit AH.

AH for a short while it had dipped down to $1.01 and unfortunately ETRADE charges per share for transactions AH so I didn't pull the trigger for more but I totally would have and still will if its below $1.10 at open tomorrow.
djmeen95
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

AH for a short while it had dipped down to $1.01 and unfortunately ETRADE charges per share for transactions AH so I didn't pull the trigger for more but I totally would have and still will if its below $1.10 at open tomorrow.

Blue star for you - thanks for the great recap!
Swollen Thumb
AG
KT 90 said:

sellthefarm said:

Any GOCO news? Anyone averaging down?

OldArmy posted earlier this week he was accumulating more with the recent price dip.

I averaged down this morning, but still sitting at a cost basis of just under 18. As OA pointed out, their revenue is cyclical around traditional Q4 open-enrollments for healthcare plans. So they literally make a majority of their annual revenue in Q4. It doesn't sound like that is well understood. OA's expectation is that they will absolutely crush it this year, however that won't be evident until their Q4 ER.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

jj9000 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

nah.

Bird Poo
AG

To add:

• NONE of the patients in their study have died of COVID.
  • Although they applied to participate in the govt COVID studies, the path to getting their drug approved as a therapeutic is unclear since the govt is focused on a vaccine. I think they threw their hat in the ring for investor name recognition. Smart move. Scientifically speaking, they did expand on their theory of how their drug would stop the virus. Just a guess, but I suspect their theory came about when none of their patients tested positive for COVID.
  • I did not know this, but there is a woman on their staff that is responsible for the approval/commercialization of the drugs used to target the same cancers used in their study.
  • Talked about their drug being used for certain metastasized breast cancers, which is an enormous market. I think they will start studies for this soon.

Overall, they were on point and very optimistic. I've been burned by pharma stocks in the past but this one seems different. I've probably said that about the others, however!
Ragoo
AG
PearlJammin said:

To add:

• NONE of the patients in their study have died of COVID.
  • Although they applied to participate in the govt COVID studies, the path to getting their drug approved as a therapeutic is unclear since the govt is focused on a vaccine. I think they threw their hat in the ring for investor name recognition. Smart move. Scientifically speaking, they did expand on their theory of how their drug would stop the virus. Just a guess, but I suspect their theory came about when none of their patients tested positive for COVID.
  • I did not know this, but there is a woman on their staff that is responsible for the approval/commercialization of the drugs used to target the same cancers used in their study.
  • Talked about their drug being used for certain metastasized breast cancers, which is an enormous market. I think they will start studies for this soon.

Overall, they were on point and very optimistic. I've been burned by pharma stocks in the past but this one seems different. I've probably said that about the others, however!
Ranger222 bat sign
drred4
tramaro1 said:

E said:

SDC dropping AH after ER

Knew I should have sold

After The last two earnings it has dropped the next three days I think. I was looking at that yesterday and said nope not gonna do it. Will check again tomorrow and Friday
Day trading
He is no scientist but he sure loves RLFTF stock.

cjo03
AG
Day trading said:

be honest... are you talking in 3rd person here?
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/12/jim-cramer-calls-on-10-companies-including-amazon-and-alphabet-to-issue-stock-splits.html
Quote:

Apple and Tesla have both announced stock splits recently and CNBC's Jim Cramer on Wednesday revealed 10 stocks of companies that he would like to see follow suit to reduce high trading prices.

The stock split, in which a company increases substantially its number of outstanding shares while preserving its market value, will attract and give more ownership access to retail investors whose investment options may be more limited to low-dollar stocks, the "Mad Money" host said, directing his message to some of the leading tech executives.

"If you want the market to keep climbing, these ten companies and many more need to start taking their cue from Tim Cook and Elon Musk," Cramer said. "Remember, the size of the price tag matters with this [young investing] crowd" and "you want this no-commission paying crowd in your stock.
Quote:

Below is a list of companies, alongside their Wednesday closing prices, that Cramer would like to see divide their existing shares into new shares and boost liquidity:

This would blow the top off of the market.

ETA: Stock splits were all the rage in the late 90's and dramatically increased the market. Dellionaires were a real thing because so many employees owned their stock and it kept splitting, going higher, split again, and again, etc.

Companies went away from that model for the most part but if it comes back into vogue, combined with the increase of people now in the market, you don't want to go short.
gig em 02
Yes, do this.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Day trading said:

Lol Europe will sell this thing down another 20% tonight like they've made a habit of recently
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/12/jim-cramer-calls-on-10-companies-including-amazon-and-alphabet-to-issue-stock-splits.html
Quote:

Apple and Tesla have both announced stock splits recently and CNBC's Jim Cramer on Wednesday revealed 10 stocks of companies that he would like to see follow suit to reduce high trading prices.

The stock split, in which a company increases substantially its number of outstanding shares while preserving its market value, will attract and give more ownership access to retail investors whose investment options may be more limited to low-dollar stocks, the "Mad Money" host said, directing his message to some of the leading tech executives.

"If you want the market to keep climbing, these ten companies and many more need to start taking their cue from Tim Cook and Elon Musk," Cramer said. "Remember, the size of the price tag matters with this [young investing] crowd" and "you want this no-commission paying crowd in your stock.
Quote:

Below is a list of companies, alongside their Wednesday closing prices, that Cramer would like to see divide their existing shares into new shares and boost liquidity:

ETA: Stock splits were all the rage in the late 90's and dramatically increased the market. Dellionaires were a real thing because so many employees owned their stock and it kept splitting, going higher, split again, and again, etc.

Companies went away from that model for the most part but if it comes back into vogue, combined with the increase of people now in the market, you don't want to go short.

Freaking Jimbo always stealing ideas

bullard21k
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Quote:

Okay so explain this to me like I'm 5.

I have quite a few shares of AMZN with an entry point of $1750 per share.

What does a split mean exactly and is this good/bad for current stock holders off that list
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Really starting to feel like we are very close to a top now. Stock splits, President touting the market on national TV as the economy, extreme earnings moves, inflation fears, precious metal insanity.
ProgN
bullard21k said:

Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Quote:

What does a split mean exactly and is this good/bad for current stock holders off that list
It's extremely bullish for shareholders. Not many people can afford a $3,100/shr stock. Now what if AMZN declared a 10 for 1 split. If you have 100 shares at 3160, you'd have 1000 shares at $316. However, if AMZN declared a 10:1 split, it would go to over $4000/shr before they split, imo. Then just think how many people that couldn't afford 3K/shr will pile into it at 300/shr? The stock would rise again post split.

fooz
ROKU is going to negate all of my profit this week.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Even robinhood offers fractional shares now, there's literally no barrier to entry on any stock, other than psychological. Think it makes that big a difference? The only real difference i can think of is making options more affordable. Which is good for us but probably not average retail...
BT1395
AG
Prognightmare said:

bullard21k said:

Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Quote:

It's extremely bullish for shareholders. Not many people can afford a $3,100/shr stock. Now what if AMZN declared a 10 for 1 split. If you have 100 shares at 3160, you'd have 1000 shares at $316. However, if AMZN declared a 10:1 split, it would go to over $4000/shr before they split, imo. Then just think how many people that couldn't afford 3K/shr will pile into it at 300/shr? The stock would rise again post split.

Aside from making a stock like AMZN more affordable to the average retail investor, it would also trigger a flurry of options activity as those contracts become proportionately more affordable as well. Hard to sell a covered call on AMZN stock when owning 100 shares to cover the contract is $320,000.

In summary, it just opens the stock up to more buyers chasing the shares.
ProgN
It's makes a big difference. You've seen AAPL and now TSLA today, keep watching them before and after their split.
ProgN
Exactly
gig em 02
Apple did a 7:1 split in 2014 when it was $700/share. So a person with 1 share worth $700 then had 7 shares worth $100 each. Those shares are now worth $450 each.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Any of you follow stockdweebs on Twitter?

Dude seems pretty grounded and keeps implying he thinks there's a major major correction coming soon.
Talon2DSO
AG
Hope its not this week but I dont think hes wrong.
Phat32
AG
Why?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Nouriel Roubini is calling a top. I listen when he weighs in.
TecRecAg
AG
I'm never the bear but it doesn't feel good to me. Do I think we go to 300? Maybe. A 310 put a month out sounds like a relatively cheap hedge.
gig em 02
I kept getting burned on spy puts so I'm going with Spxs and vxx shares
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
So if there was a massive correction how would you guys define that? Dow/Nasdaq lose 15-20%?

If there was a broad correction ,and you felt pretty strongly that was going to happen curious to know what some of you would do to protect your :

Overall portfolio?

Your blue chips that are bound to come back at some point? (Let it drop and just wait for the come back)

Covid related stocks? How would they handle this? I'm guessing the already volatile ones would tank harder than the more stable ones?

Is there one, two, or three sectors you guys seeing getting hit harder than others? Maybe airlines and oil?
First Page Last Page
Page 2025 of 6611

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.