Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,957,521 Views | 231498 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by cjo03
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carlo4 said:

Boat Shoes said:

Wonder how he'll define middle income?

$1 less than I make.
I know you are trying to be funny, but wouldn't you also see a tax break on that portion of your income. All income between 35k - 70k would see a 10% reduction (making up the 10%) and then you would still pay the same amount for the income above the 70k (also made up the middle income bracket levels). So your effective tax rate will still drop.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
If they restructured tax brackets it would, but so far the stimulus packages have completely left out folks above the phase-out levels, unless you own a business of course...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Day trading said:

RLFTF UPDATE.

This guy is like the Frankie Mcdonald of penny stonks!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Anyone got any intel on GAXY? I kinda like what I see so far outa them but not sure if there's something negative I'm missing in this.

This is the very very definition of penny stock that may go to zero at some point, but it also might just surprise as well.

This was the penny darling of the day.

They're making dividers for schools and the whatnot for Covid.

Yup but seems like they still have upside and growth in em.

Full disclosure: I know very little about them and their financials as a company (still looking) only about their products.
Spaceship
AG
Question for you guys on here -

I'm in on a penny stock that has run up quite a bit based on a buyout rumor, and there's a chance it will be acknowledged/announced on their earnings call AH tomorrow. I'm indecisive on selling before the call on the run up, or taking my chances on a "maybe" announcement. If nothing is announced, I'm fearing it may tank AH and I can't sell until the following morning, losing out on quite a bit (I don't trade AH). Any advice on how to play this? Thanks.
ProgN
PSA;

If you wanted to catch XOM next dividend then you have to buy the stock tomorrow. It will be paid on 9/10.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'd sell if you think lack of buyout announcement during the call will sink the stock. I'm sure someone can prove me wrong but i think the idea of companies announcing surprise buyouts during earnings calls is pretty much internet fairytales. Also, what is it? If it tanks I'll buy in!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Spaceship said:

I'm in on a penny stock that has run up quite a bit based on a buyout rumor, and there's a chance it will be acknowledged/announced on their earnings call AH tomorrow. I'm indecisive on selling before the call on the run up, or taking my chances on a "maybe" announcement. If nothing is announced, I'm fearing it may tank AH and I can't sell until the following morning, losing out on quite a bit (I don't trade AH). Any advice on how to play this? Thanks.

Selling calls would normally be a good answer but in this case I don't think that will work for you. I'd sell enough so that if it crashes you still feel good about the profit you made but keep enough that you are glad and not pissed if it jumps. It's all about balance. Feel the flow, feel it. It's circular. Its like a carousel-- you pay the quarter, you get on the horse. It goes up and down and around. Circular... circle. With the music, the flow. All good things.
Jet Black
Spaceship said:

I own it too. If it runs up enough tomorrow I will probably get out before the close. I think the $3.00/share BO rumors are a pipe dream.
BrokeAssAggie
Jet Black said:

Spaceship said:

I own it too. If it runs up enough tomorrow I will probably get out before the close. I think the $3.00/share BO rumors are a pipe dream.

ZEST?
Jet Black
Pretty sure he is talking about SNSS.
BrokeAssAggie
Ah I'm in that too
Spaceship
AG
Jet Black said:

Pretty sure he is talking about SNSS.

Correct.

I didn't realize others were following it too. No secrets - just curious how best to play it since I'm still pretty green at trading.
AgEng06
AG
In SNSS as well, so now you have my attention.
AgEng06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Spaceship said:

Selling calls would normally be a good answer but in this case I don't think that will work for you. I'd sell enough so that if it crashes you still feel good about the profit you made but keep enough that you are glad and not pissed if it jumps. It's all about balance. Feel the flow, feel it. It's circular. Its like a carousel-- you pay the quarter, you get on the horse. It goes up and down and around. Circular... circle. With the music, the flow. All good things.

And hopefully you'll be doing the bull dance.

gougler08
AG
I'm in SNSS and will probably sell a portion (25% or so) tomorrow before the earnings call and let the rest ride. My cost base is around $0.27 and their is a really firm floor at $0.25 so I'll take my chances with most shares
AgEng06
AG
I'm in for a small position at $0.30, so I'm most likely going to let it ride. If it tanks I'm only out a few hundred bucks.
KT 90
AG
OldArmy sent a bat signal on SNSS a few weeks ago to add on a price dip. Maybe he will chime in with his thoughts.

I have some as well, probably a good chunk of this board is in on SNSS.

GigEmRangers75455
In SNSS as well with a pretty sizable amount. Around .29 per share so interested in thoughts as well.
Baby Billy
AG
AgShaun00 said:

sell mgni now and rebuy. common trend when earning blow out.
nah. This is a $15+ stock here in the next 12-18 months
McInnis 03
AG
Spaceship said:

Can you sell a portion to take most or all the risk off?
McInnis 03
AG
BreNayPop
AG
Reading that guy's twitter after having his store pillaged makes me wonder about the real purpose of the tweet...
Maedan86
AG
Another of OA's old pics, TTOO, up nicely today. Earnings are tomorrow after market close. I haven't had much luck hanging on through earnings, will probably sell half of my shares. For those in it, are you gonna hang on or sell some?
Brewmaster
AG
KT 90 said:

OldArmy sent a bat signal on SNSS a few weeks ago to add on a price dip. Maybe he will chime in with his thoughts.

from talking to him, OA isn't a huge fan of this one, except when it's on discount. He likes technicals (ONTX is great at technicals), SNSS is a red headed step child.

take profits, it could go to $1 tomorrow during the call, only to wake up the next morning with it at .35. Take your risk out and take profits like McInnis said.

like another poster said, if you're average is under .30, you're gravy. I would even say .33 to .34 from here should fetch .40's with or without news. Hell, maybe I'll fomo a few shares tomorrow.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

KT 90 said:

from talking to him, OA isn't a huge fan of this one, except when it's on discount. He likes technicals (ONTX is great at technicals), SNSS is a red headed step child.

take profits, it could go to $1 tomorrow during the call, only to wake up the next morning with it at .35. Take your risk out and take profits like McInnis said.

like another poster said, if you're average is under .30, you're gravy. I would even say .33 to .34 from here should fetch .40's with or without news. Hell, maybe I'll fomo a few shares tomorrow.

this should really the stock whose name shall not be mentioned!
Brewmaster
AG
LOL! this is hilarious, this guy drove to their office and scoped the place out... SNSS, read the whole thread.

gig em 02
Is snss the one that had their name on a patent with another company? Hard to keep these straight.
59 South
AG
NIO crushed it. Been as high as 15.50 after taking off from just above 14.50. Perfect Model T so far just above 15. Curious if it holds... if it does and takes out 16, it could really squeeze. For long term, this report is incredibly encouraging.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/08/11/2076134/0/en/NIO-Inc-Reports-Unaudited-Second-Quarter-2020-Financial-Results.html

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3603873-nio-zooms-8-on-earnings-beat

ETA taking off again close to 15.40. What a perfect Model T starting at 3am CST. Looks like 15.50 is the pivot.

ETA it's gone. I feel like I'm just talking to myself here in sunny London while you peeps sleep on this
McInnis 03
AG
ES futures go NUTS with Russia authorizing a vaccine
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ES futures go NUTS with Russia authorizing a vaccine

Do you think it's really that? Read an article from the AP that everyone in the world doesn't believe a word Putin is saying.

Still cannot believe we are now a few points from S&P all time highs
59 South
AG
He claims his daughter has taken it. Meanwhile New Zealand goes full on lockdown again after 4 new cases. Crazy pills...
ProgN
I still read your posts in an English accent, but with a slight Texas twang.
ProgN
59 South said:

He claims his daughter has taken it. Meanwhile New Zealand goes full on lockdown again after 4 new cases. Crazy pills...
NZ PM is pathetic and her subjects are sheep.
59 South
AG
Ha, if you really want an accurate visual to add to that, I'm reduced to gym shorts and a tank top whilst working in my basement during a killer heatwave. Mid 90s several days in a row with no a/c is no joke.
First Page Last Page
Page 2012 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.