Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,290,912 Views | 225289 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Boat Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FLIR off to the races. I bought 5/15 $50c too early, reclaiming some of my losses now after good earnings. I believe someone posted on here a while back that their camera systems are being considered as a screening mechanism for COVID-19 in a lot of businesses.
oldarmy1
AG
Sold remaining LPSN +7.71 Woot
Touchless
AG
What's your take on DIS? I know you had mentioned the $96.5P the other day. Their entire ER was negative except for their subscriptions. Don't understand how it's still going up today, especially by almost 3%.
oldarmy1
AG
Touchless said:

What's your take on DIS? I know you had mentioned the $96.5P the other day. Their entire ER was negative except for their subscriptions. Don't understand how it's still going up today, especially by almost 3%.
Bulls playing long ball on it with markets showing relative strength. I don't think it fails through $99.38 key mark
corndog04
AG
I had same 50 call but rolled them down to 45c at a loss last week. Looking good at the moment.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I'm cancelling my DIS order and putting it towards LUV instead.
McInnis 03
AG
That was me. Long term, if this viral worry stuff lingers, FLIR is the leader in their field for products like this. They're the Coca Cola of thermal imaging.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ranger222
AG
bid/ask on those ecl calls is messed up now
stxag8
AG
Saying they're 3.40 now
jeromePOWell
AG
3.65 now, classic case of a work call causing me to miss the jump
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ranger222 said:

bid/ask on those ecl calls is messed up now
They're always like that. You just have to set your bid and hope it gets filled. I jumped on it right away, so I got filled the at the $2.80.

Look at the spreads on the 195C I'm still holding for next week
Mmetag10
AG
I'm still kicking myself for that. When it hit 90s i kept myself from pushing that buy button so many times. Couple days later it doubled. I have to trust my instincts more.
stxag8
AG
Upped my bid 0.05 about every 5 minutes and got in at 2.90
E
AG
Really wish CX would wake up...
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just heads up to you people playing ECL; it can be extremely complicated to unload due to the spreads and low volume. So you may want to consider setting a sell and just leaving it be, because it will swing. It isn't unusual to see the premiums cut in half due to people screwing with the bid/ask
M.C. Swag
AG
Touchless said:

I just sold my DIS stock. I was lucky enough to get in at $84 and decided today's price was good enough for me to take those profits off the table.

I personally don't see DIS recovering anytime soon (12-24 months), and there'll be better performing stocks going forward. They currently can't make many movies or TV shows, they can't do the broadway shows, and they can't do the park thing. And, I mean, ESPN+Fox Sports is going to as big of a money bloodsucker as the theme parks.

Also Disney's profit margins have been growing from their parks for years, so it isn't anything to ignore. I would suspect Disney could long term perform well, but if the pandemic continues to crush movie tickets, sports and parks, then they really only have Disney+, some of their TV, and Pixar. All of these are great branches of the company, but they would have to make monumental changes from a business perspective to make up for staggering losses from the other branches.
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone have thoughts on this?

ZeroHedge: Charlie McElligot turns bearish
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
He's pissed because he didn't trade the 2190 and wants to get in somewhere lower
AgShaun00
AG
sq is running.
rao11010
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Just heads up to you people playing ECL; it can be extremely complicated to unload due to the spreads and low volume. So you may want to consider setting a sell and just leaving it be, because it will swing. It isn't unusual to see the premiums cut in half due to people screwing with the bid/ask
How high are you expecting it to get? Is good news coming out in a week for a hold or just a quick flip?

Thanks!
IrishTxAggie
AG
rao11010 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

How high are you expecting it to get? Is good news coming out in a week for a hold or just a quick flip?

Thanks!
No idea. I'll just set price target alerts to check up on them every once in awhile. If it spikes today, i'll look to lighten my load, but not going to dump them all
stxag8
AG
Irish, earlier this week you mentioned QQQ over 220 as a bullish indicator. Is this long term or short term?Looks like we're sitting at about 220.50 atm.
RPMag
AG
LUV at the 52 wk low
MROD92
Cade falling
thirdcoast
AG
Interesting that the level in that article is right on the Model T level.

I watched an interview yesterday with BlackRock's "Bond King" and his message was that this Fed plus Monetary tango was so quick, innovative and aggressive, that he doesn't see a major decline in market happening at all. He also urged that selling put premiums is the way to go. But maybe that's what he has been doing for last 6 weeks, and now he has gone mainstream to drive put selling his way....who knows. We live in a world where banks can downgrade other banks, upgrade equities they dump and downgrade equities they build a position in.
gougler08
AG
MROD92 said:

Cade falling
Just hanging out in that Darvis Box
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Should be a stoplimit order. Set the activation price and your limit price.
AgEng06
AG
I can't do the same in TOS either.
AgEng06
AG
gotsand said:

Should be a stoplimit order. Set the activation price and your limit price.

I think he means a high for profits and a low for losses.
EngrAg14
AG
MSFT is on the edge looks like it wants to run to 190 bad
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Ah, they should have a OCO order then.

ETA: Might not be available on options, just shares.
Aggietaco
AG
What's going on with DFS? I picked them up long, but wished I had dumped some in the $44 range. Wondering if it's worth dumping now for future lows again?
hudmoon
AG
On TD Ameritrade its under Advanced orders and it's called OCA. I'm not sure about options, haven't jumped into that yet but I'm learning here
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
First Page Last Page
Page 1468 of 6437

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.