Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,468,238 Views | 225735 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

jj9000 said:

Guys, I don't care how you spin it.

We've got ~19M workers not working. Not generating income. Not using that income to buy goods/services. Domino effect going on.

If you think all ~19M will go back to the same job, making the same money, at the flip of a switch, you're dead @ss wrong.
Yes, but have you seen congress' latest proposal? "Emergency Money to the People Act" where your family can get paid up to $5500 a month if you've lost your job, in perpetuity until "the market resumes levels prior to the COVID-19 Pandemic".

*DO NOT SEGWAY THIS TO POLITICAL*

But if something like this were to pass the ramification to business would be minimal because people would have TONS of spending cash. That being said, I don't think there's a chance in hell this happens.
Your spelling of segue is outstanding
gig em 02
Aggie09Derek said:

All 19m...no. But 12 of the 19? Yeah I do...maybe not day 1 but a month down the road from when things are back to "normal".

Airlines, hotels, cruise lines, sporting events, no way
La Bamba
AG
Alright let's get back to some chart talk

SPY has seen 275.75 hold as key support. Trading in a bit of channel here and the 284 high off the rally. Something has to give and 275.75 needs to fail before going lower. Some other notes on other big names in the tweet.
hudmoon
AG
gig em 02 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

All 19m...no. But 12 of the 19? Yeah I do...maybe not day 1 but a month down the road from when things are back to "normal".

Oil and Gas
thirdcoast
AG
I know we don't want TDS/MAGA trolling here, but we literally have politicians in complete control of markets, and many act as if poltics should not be discussed.

Unfortunately, it matters how much, when, and how gov money is delivered to economy. It's a political battle to understand and gauge, to know what may be coming.
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03
AG
gougler08 said:

McInnis 03 said:

jj9000 said:

We've got ~19M workers not working. Not generating income. Not using that income to buy goods/services. Domino effect going on.

If you think all ~19M will go back to the same job, making the same money, at the flip of a switch, you're dead @ss wrong.
Yes, but have you seen congress' latest proposal? "Emergency Money to the People Act" where your family can get paid up to $5500 a month if you've lost your job, in perpetuity until "the market resumes levels prior to the COVID-19 Pandemic".

But if something like this were to pass the ramification to business would be minimal because people would have TONS of spending cash. That being said, I don't think there's a chance in hell this happens.
I'M A MECHANICAL ENGINEER DAMMIT
La Bamba
AG
Got my eye on VIPS this morning. Low volume premarket but could breakout 18+. Chart kinda setup here.
Ragoo
AG
vest78 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Not happening. The fundamentals absolutely do not support that line of thinking. I wish you were right.
what fundamentals? The fact that consumers consume and therefore employers employ? So when ordinances are lifted you don't think consumers will go back to consuming? That line of thinking is nuts.
Mic Dropper
AG
McInnis 03 said:

gougler08 said:

McInnis 03 said:

jj9000 said:

I'M A MECHANICAL ENGINEER DAMMIT
CSTXAg92
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

This market is stupid
I'm thinking head fake. May be up today, but ultimately will fall to re-test - either this week, or in the coming.
Ragoo
AG
gig em 02 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

cruise lines don't employ us citizens.
Sporting events is seasonal employment
Airlines will be a slower ramp but will comeback in due time
People will still want to travel
Harkrider 93
AG
jj9000 said:

True, but history helps a little with this. Market bottoms 3-6 mos before the economy does. The Economy bottoms before unemployment does.

Maybe 80% of the 19MM go back to work. The others have more in unemployment than they were making. Allows them to continue to not go backwards. Sadly, they likely spend that money while paying bills instead of holding as a reserve.
59 South
AG
SQ down big premarket on a bs downgrade. Could see it V bottom early for a big recovery if markets stay up today. Weekly 60 calls on a V bottom for you guys with big ones or just you degenerate riverboat gamblers
BB675
AG
Thoughts on THMO? Up 68% in premarket. Looks like the FDA has agreed that its COVID-19 antibody blood test has been properly validated and can now be distributed.
Harkrider 93
AG
gig em 02 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

The discretionary retail, recreation and associated services, gasoline, and transportation services make up about 20% of employment.
Aggie09Derek
AG
gig em 02 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Cruise lines aren't american.....

Sporting events yes but thats a very small #
Hotels don't employ a ridiculous amount of people and yes they will be mostly staffed
Airlines will be running (are now) and i'm sure will be awhile before back up to full staff - the # is very small in the total economy.

Could have just said O&G and that # would have been higher than all of the above.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
ROKU continues to roll on in beast mode
La Bamba
AG
BB675 said:

Thoughts on THMO? Up 68% in premarket. Looks like the FDA has agreed that its COVID-19 antibody blood test has been properly validated and can now be distributed.
This is a short.
Baby Billy
AG
Picked up more long-term shares of WFC at $27...hard not to
McInnis 03
AG
If I am having to do it, you do to. Have you look at that AMZN 2200c lotto lately? Dare I ask how many you had bought?
leoj
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If I am having to do it, you do to. Have you look at that AMZN 2200c lotto lately? Dare I ask how many you had bought?

I have. Only had 2, but damn...
gougler08
AG
Hopped in on CADE at just over $5
Exsurge Domine
You guys watching CHWY?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The question is do they consume at the same rate?
jbeck3487
AG
DIS with an early flush and bounce right off the 100 DMA on the daily chart.
BB675
AG
I got in this morning. Good call.
Touchless
AG
McInnis 03 said:

When exactly did he mention that? I was curious about it since I too love a good lottery, but couldn't find the post on it. If it was back from February, he mentioned 2100, but I didn't see 2200 and I think the time frame also would have expired by now. I likely just couldn't find it though.
Carlo4
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

You guys watching CHWY?
I am, and my 5% gains since buying after hours is doing quite well.
McInnis 03
AG
Touchless said:

McInnis 03 said:

When exactly did he mention that? I was curious about it since I too love a good lottery, but couldn't find the post on it. If it was back from February, he mentioned 2100, but I didn't see 2200 and I think the time frame also would have expired by now. I likely just couldn't find it though.
I believe it was 4/7 as that's when I entered my position. I think it was a Twitter discussion he had with PSK
La Bamba
AG
La Bamba said:

Got my eye on VIPS this morning. Low volume premarket but could breakout 18+. Chart kinda setup here.
18.41 now
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

No. After I sell something, I forget about it. Looking back at old positions I had and dwelling on what was left on the table will just screw with me and I'll end up doing something stupid
CSTXAg92
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CSTXAg92 said:

oldarmy1 said:

TTOO finally broke that $0.55
And it continues to climb.
I love it when market makers move it up to new highs right at the close, just begging for an after hours run. But if it doesn't hit within 10 minutes people will get ancy and sell.
Pushing .63 this morning.
HoustonAg_2009
OA & Team -- We still holding NIO? It's been running up & I'm almost back to even. Do we see a recovery back into the $5-6/share range?
First Page Last Page
Page 1325 of 6450

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.