Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,306,008 Views | 225315 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by EliteZags
gig em 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unemployment numbers lower than expected.
Another $2.5T in free money.
Market tanks.

Welcome to 2020.
claym711
AG
Haha. If there was ever a time for everyone to realize the market is fake, and controlled by the Fed, this is it. PPT and the Fed trading desk are real things. Its partially why quant systems work.

Another 6.6mm unemployed, market spikes 30 points.
AgShaun00
AG
texagbeliever said:

Rookie here, is buying spxs considered a dirty hedge for your investments? They should counter to a degree what you have invested by moving in the opposite direction.
3x mover. if you are a confident bull or bear and you like the price, i would say use it. I used for short term trades.

RSI is right in the middle so it is not extreme situation I would use
Carlo4
AG
Being reported as 6.6 million - same as last week. Sounds like we simply can't process more than that in a given week, which could be scary as well.

Market went up about 300 points on the news of the data. Lower gains a little now but it was a very quick pop.

What were the expectations you saw? I didn't see any.
12thMan86
AG
Carlo4 said:

Being reported as 6.6 million - same as last week. Sounds like we simply can't process more than that in a given week, which could be scary as well.

Market went up about 300 points on the news of the data. Lower gains a little now but it was a very quick pop.

I believe the market was looking for 5mil
ProgN
Carlo4 said:

GreasenUSA
AG
texagbeliever said:

Rookie here, is buying spxs considered a dirty hedge for your investments? They should counter to a degree what you have invested by moving in the opposite direction.
I personally, would not use a leveraged ETF for anything more than day trading or a couple of days swing trade. Before jumping in, do some research on how leveraged ETFs are rebalanced daily, and what that can mean over the long term, if that is your horizon.
gougler08
AG
1.6MM over target yet the market goes green...odd
gougler08
AG
GreasenUSA said:

texagbeliever said:

I personally, would not use a leveraged ETF for anything more than day trading or a couple of days swing trade. Before jumping in, do some research on how leveraged ETFs are rebalanced daily, and what that can mean over the long term, if that is your horizon.
Agreed...I may hop in if we get to 280 today as a daily trade
jh0400
AG
The market is throwing darts at new claims right now. Everyone knew it was going to be bad, but 6MM isn't materially different from 5MM (unless you happened to be included in the incremental 1MM).
gig em 02
Carlo4 said:

I was mostly just joking, I have no clue how this day will end, but this is the number I was looking at.

ProgN
Carlo4
AG
Gotcha thanks. Now DJIA up over 300 and rising fast. I learned via trial by fire today.
texagbeliever
GreasenUSA said:

texagbeliever said:

Thanks, I was looking at it as a short term mechanism but that me be me bitint off more than I can chew. I got lucky (because I was lazy) and had most of my savings in cash so I've been putting it in pieces these past 10 days or so trying to avoid the stocks that recovered faster.
tailgatetimer10
AG
10% unemployment rate

**** Corona
12thMan86
AG
Prognightmare said:

yep this is what's making the markets go up Pre Market. The fact the FED / Govt is throwing so much money at this problem makes me question whether we will indeed test the previous lows. We've never seen the FED step in like this.
oldarmy1
AG
Hendrix
AG
I don't think we test the lows again now but we'll drop again. W recovery with a huge bubble on the back end and interest rates low forever.
jj9000
AG
You think this was coordinated with the unemployment data?

Nice timing.

Additional $2.5T on the heels of $2T tells me things are really really bad.
Exsurge Domine
I heard JPM Q2 GDP forecast is -41%
ryanhnc10
AG
jj9000 said:

Nice timing.

Yeah which is weird. The market usually sees through that BS but since I'm short it's up we go without any issues
claym711
AG
jj9000 said:

Nice timing.

Absolutely. Not only that, the data is being gamed.

1. Most daily volume is systematic/quant computers.
2. Any decent quant system constantly incorporates new data every minute.

Upon a volume spike, price move, massive breadth ratio up, etc etc, what will a systematic strategy do? Chase the long. Fed/PPT is giving an artificial pump when these unemployment numbers are released to game the data and manipulate computer volume to prevent market from falling.
Harkrider 93
AG
gougler08 said:

1.6MM over target yet the market goes green...odd
could it be that there were more temporary than expected, thus, not as bad as they expected?
Carlo4
AG
Saw 2,774 on S&P jus now. Getting close.
oldarmy1
AG
Be ready on USB to sell those calls today
Harkrider 93
AG
is it likely they did this yesterday also? We had breadth, 90% up day, and the A/D lines crossed. All positive that the break through of resistance is real (or made to look real).
thirdcoast
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

jj9000 said:

Nice timing.

Yeah which is weird. The market usually sees through that BS but since I'm short it's up we go without any issues

Power of Model T
khaos288
AG
That 1.6 million but of aapl 270 calls looking right on the money.
UpstateAg
AG
So when are you shorting? I've been sitting on the sidelines options wise, and think its about time.....
La Bamba
AG
oldarmy1 said:

F'n epic
Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

So say we do hit the Model T at $280, you but a put a month out or so around $250, a 10% drop?
J_Landes89
AG
Took profits on OVV and LADR Tues... both up another 20% since
Ragoo
AG
Holding SPY 275 and 280 calls

Sell at the open or let it ride....
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
oldarmy1
AG
$1.75 is my targrt area for those USB calls

FYI
First Page Last Page
Page 1277 of 6438

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.