Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,168,464 Views | 224728 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by El_duderino
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buy out about 2 months ago
oldarmy1
AG
tamc1956ag said:

what happened to black box?
The CEO took a Golden parachute and sold out the company leaving shareholders with scraps.
clobby
AG
Bought out. 1.08 a share
Ragoo
AG
Seor Chang said:

Let's move this over to Aggies Only. Or you could post some misinformation every fifth post. "I'm all in on JC Penney today. They're about to pop!"
all aboard the Montgomery Ward
oldarmy1
AG
Close above resistance. Need that $25 broken as discussed for confirmation of a larger run to $26.50 before some consolidation. It could blow right through that as well so I would be selling covered calls on a % of holdings and then buying a $25 Put hedge on all remaining if I see some signals of stagnation short term there.

This chart pattern being seen by all the traders should excite them.

E
AG
What caused Tupperware to crash yesterday?
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

What caused Tupperware to crash yesterday?
The company said that sales were down 14% in the quarter compared to the year-earlier period, with particular weakness in demand from the Chinese consumer market, and adjusted net income was lower as well. That prompted Tupperware to cut its dividend by 60%, with the intent of redeploying that capital toward efforts to grow and transform its business. CEO Tricia Stitzel said that the disappointing results were "leading to our desire to accelerate the business transformation to capitalize on our global growth strategy." Yet despite the sense of urgency, Tupperware shareholders seemed less than convinced of the ultimate success of the company's efforts.
Ranger222
AG
Facebook -- the absolute scum of the earth, but they are making money. Back to 170.
Shiner Bock
V tanking after hours??? 135?
gougler08
AG
TWTR up almost $1 after hours
leoj
AG
Wow, what did V say on their call to make that happen?
khkman22
AG
Appreciate all the info you provide even if I don't get a chance to use it on a lot of your trades/scenarios you suggest. I'm learning to find different ways to generate positive return or protect gains. While I would love to reference a spreadsheet or something similar so I'm not confused with a trade on the current page that is referencing a trade talked about 4-5 pages back, my post was halfway in jest.
leoj
AG
Only comment I saw on SA that could address it. Will wait for them to post the transcript.

"CFO Vasant Prabhu cited slowing growth in the U.S., U.K. and Brazil."
ProgN
Seor Chang said:

Let's move this over to Aggies Only. Or you could post some misinformation every fifth post. "I'm all in on JC Penney today. They're about to pop!"

Blue OldArmy LOVE's JCP

"Put all your clients in it"
tamc1956ag
S
well i lost out..
oldarmy1
AG
tamc1956ag said:

well i lost out..

It happens; especially with high risk/high reward penny stocks.
traveler1
AG
AMD was really good today. For you swing traders, there are several big gaps to fill from the last few days. I have a feeling there will be some strong option plays in the near future on pullbacks before the next quarter
gougler08
AG
JD flirting with $25 this morning

Well it was...
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

JD flirting with $25 this morning

Well it was...

Mensa UBS downgraded it. Ah yes, let's not downgrade it at $45 but wait until it's coming off its lows. The reputations of these firms are a joke.

We'll see if this pauses the move for a cycle or gets ignored. Earnings coming so UBS thinking they are getting ahead of what they hope is a disappointing report.

Visa guidance muted but I think the stock will shake it off and move higher. Sometimes I short a stock on post earnings pop if I think it makes a large enough move. You have a $140 call and the stock goes from $137.40 to $142 and you short it then you have a guaranteed $2 profit but if it happens to drop like V did after that pop you would have had a $7 short gain and cover it leaving you still with your call out to the 15th with a great profit booked. I would have shorted at $145 but didn't anticipate guidance that was known to impact the short term trade.

Gold stocks continue their climb. We caught the bottom on accumulation and a laggard like MUX starting to move is further indication that there is a shift in the sector.
gougler08
AG
Selfishly happy that RDSA beat earnings and is up 4% PM
ProgN

For anyone interested in NVDA
oldarmy1
AG
GE in a short squeeze move
oldarmy1
AG
MNGA having a conference call at 10 talking Corp. rebranding strategy now that they have their first city signed on. Also will be providing a lot of forward guidance.
tamu2009
AG
What's the play here then? Get in and hope for a pop with good news and good forward guidance?
oldarmy1
AG
tamu2009 said:

What's the play here then? Get in and hope for a pop with good news and good forward guidance?
Unless it can get over $1 its going to go through a reverse split. I have no idea how the markets will trade the stock once that factor split is formerly announced, possibly as early as this conference call.

johnson2012
AG
Bottom fell out on Aveo pm. 1.20 last I saw.

Eta. TiVo 3 delays
Señor Chang
AG
Wtf happened?
E
AG
I'll probably sell enough shares to cover my initial investment right before RS, then whatever happens after is profit.

Hoping its above .50 when that happens!
johnson2012
AG
http://m.digitaljournal.com/pr/4135844

I think Irish is the one who can translate this to English and keeps tabs on bio, but from what I can tell the planned end point of their TiVo 3 phase 3 trial is now being designated as an interim point and they're pushing out the final timeline
IrishTxAggie
AG
Good ol' AVEO... I have to laugh because if I don't I'll cry.

Buy the dip!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pretty much. The NDA is delayed until Q4
WestTexAg12
AG
Anybody buying V pre market or right at open on this dip?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
La Bamba
AG
Buy JD on dip?

Sweet baby Jesus, bear trap!
Señor Chang
AG
Is Robinhood down for anyone else?
kylewhitener
Yep, Robinhood is down for me too
First Page Last Page
Page 373 of 6421

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.