Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,262,328 Views | 225199 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Spoony Love
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BpPpOfmhzi0
gougler08
AG
Went with weekly puts on AMD and SQ since they popped a bit today
oldarmy1
AG
Wouldn't be bottom fishing here. Classic macro markets Dreaded H pattern. Will be quick run ups like occurring right now to continually scare and feed off week shorts. Take advantage of those once the run ends by entering Puts. PNC $122 Put earlier already in the money so I am free to enter shares for any bounce trade or if by some miracle a reversal hit.

gougler08
AG
With the Dreaded H, will the bottom be ~the same price of the bottom of the h or is it even lower?
oldarmy1
AG
The outcome of that technical is it goes lower once the h is broken. So initial return to lows then comes the follow through.

My top Puts right now are PNC and AMGN. PNC is completing the h right now. AMGN is in 1st 3rd of the right curve down.
FriscoKid
AG
The bounce was about 50% too. Sure looks like trouble to me.
oldarmy1
AG
MU trying to create a reversal hammer. Weekly $41 Calls at 43 cents might be worth a trade. Stop at 36 cents so risk 7 cents.
gougler08
AG
Agreed...will be interesting to see if there is the daily afternoon sell off today or not
FriscoKid
AG
Final 20 minutes was interesting.
gougler08
AG
FriscoKid said:

Final 20 minutes was interesting.
Definitely had our sell off...probably doesn't bode well for tomorrow
FriscoKid
AG
I wasn't expecting it in the final minutes. It was a fairly good move when the market had been relatively flat for the whole afternoon. Then boom, and a big red candle to close.
Philip J Fry
AG
So I have about 10K of cash sitting around. I'm looking to get more into the market than I've been (have some ETFs in an IRA account). I was thinking of setting some aside just to play with dabbling in algorithms. How does one go about getting historical data for the NYSE/NASDAQ to process?
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

So I have about 10K of cash sitting around. I'm looking to get more into the market than I've been (have some ETFs in an IRA account). I was thinking of setting some aside just to play with dabbling in algorithms. How does one go about getting historical data for the NYSE/NASDAQ to process?
I'd talk to OldArmy1. He's solid and can give you good advice.
Ragoo
AG
Philip J Fry said:

you can buy data from Bloomberg. I believe TD ameriteade has an open .isp you can integrate with. Option Alpha has an auto trading bot that links up.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Philip J Fry said:

you can buy data from Bloomberg. I believe TD ameriteade has an open .isp you can integrate with. Option Alpha has an auto trading bot that links up.
I'd go with these and then once you have $30k+ would open up an Interactive Brokerage account if more active.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P futures -14.5

h not gonna be denied.
claym711
AG
Platform - NinjaTrader
Data - kinetick or iqfeed
Broker - several to choose from for Ninjatrader
oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

Platform - NinjaTrader
Data - kinetick or iqfeed
Broker - several to choose from for Ninjatrader

Heard good things for this set up ad well.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures now down 24. The dreaded h doesn't disappoint.
leoj
Philip J Fry
AG
Ragoo said:

Philip J Fry said:

Thanks. Started digging into the TD Ameritrade API tonight. I've never seen worse documentation. I may end up going to alpha vantage (https://www.alphavantage.co ) just out of spite. Anyone familiar with their data quality?
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures down 31.50 .
ProgN
Explosive device found near the home of George Soros in an upscale New York suburb

It's at CNBC.com
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Futures down 31.50 .

Make it 35+ now...hold on boys
gougler08
AG
Strategy question...for the long term investment money I have in mutual funds / SPX...does it make sense to pull it out until the market seems to turn around or just let it rise since I'm not touching it for years anyways?
oldarmy1
AG
I would have taken it out on the topping action but with likely 10-15% losses already taken plus todays losses you'd also absorb by having to wait until close I'd ride it out.

I took my dad's money 100% out 3 weeks ago. I took 75% of my kids and several others I manage out, except for net free holdings then as well. I went 90% cash on mine, except net free holdings. I have about 50-80% on covered calls but even that won't prevent losses (drop of share price outpacing covered call premium).

As it stands now my kids have a 2% loss from highs, so all in all if its not more than 5% when I put back the cash that 5% loss will be overcome in a couple of days.

oldarmy1
AG
And gold stocks. I was beating the drum on those because all the factors pointed to a bottoming and rise. Look at MUX which was $1.88 when posted now above $2.35. CDE was $5 now $5.60's. All of those listed have headed upward.
ProgN
Ugly morning. Not the Birthday present I wanted this morning.
UpstateAg
AG
Now down 42 and 420.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Ugly morning. Not the Birthday present I wanted this morning.

Happy birthday?
oldarmy1
AG
PNC and AMGN puts will be shining bright. I could buy PNC here at $120 against the $121 puts but with breakdown could see a flash move into $117-$118, so will wait and see.
oldarmy1
AG
Whoever pm'd me on NIO entry point I said $6.50 if long term hold. With a meltdown I am revising that to $6.50 for 50% position and then $5.90 for 50%.

It's net free holding in retirement accounts but if we get a flash move under $6 its a trade entry.
UpstateAg
AG
What are your thoughts on buying JD for long term? I sold mine around 28 to free up cash, but looking for my IRA. Is China too risky right now? IQ covered calls are not covering my weekly losses, even when I get high oremiums.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

PNC and AMGN puts will be shining bright. I could buy PNC here at $120 against the $121 puts but with breakdown could see a flash move into $117-$118, so will wait and see.
ROKU and SQ puts will be money for me today...thinking about loading up on more for the short term
oldarmy1
AG
It's a dart board right now. I'd wait to see shares fail and flash before entering. Have a volume chart front and center looking for 5x average minute volume and enter.
First Page Last Page
Page 263 of 6435

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.