Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,091,537 Views | 224490 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Spoony Love
jbeck3487
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It may be a good time to re-enter ONTX
Ranger222
AG
Nice win on those AMZN calls this morning. Sold them in the first 5 minutes for +60%
Ranger222
AG
ENPH holy crap

People were buying Feb 40 and 40C a couple weeks back. Those *******s getting paid +37% today

Someone always knows
Andy07
AG
go OKTA go
AgShaun00
AG
I got this update on ESPR that I posted about some pages back.

Heart-pill developer Esperion Therapeutics (Nasdaq: ESPR) is about to get some big news...
Esperion has developed a cholesterol-lowering drug called bempedoic acid. Bempedoic acid is like a statin drug, but so far, it hasn't shown any of the same side effects.

That's great news because around 20% of people who take statins can't tolerate them.
Early data showed that when patients took bempedoic acid with Zetia (ezetimibe), another cholesterol lowering drug, bad cholesterol levels dropped as much as 50%. If patients were already taking the maximum statin dose, bempedoic acid lowered bad cholesterol by 32%.

The drug is now up for review with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ("FDA"). The Prescription Drug User Fee Act ("PDUFA") date for the FDA to decide on bempedoic acid is February 21. The FDA has until February 26 to decide on the bempedoic acid/ezetimibe combination pill.

The FDA didn't even bother to consult its outside expert committee about this decision, which the company thinks is a bullish sign.
Here's why we agree...

The European Medicines Agency outside expert committee did review the drug and the combination pill. Both passed review and were recommended for approval on January 31 although actual market approval might not happen until the second quarter. As soon as that happens (at the first sale), Esperion will get a $150 million milestone payment from its European partner Daiichi Sankyo (4568). Esperion is also eligible to receive another $600 million in sales milestones, and then up to 25% in royalties.
Daiichi Sankyo is a Japanese firm, and Esperion has not yet sold Asian rights. So either Daiichi Sankyo is going to buy Esperion, or it's going to have to try to make a deal with a company it has to pay royalties to. It would be cheaper to buy Esperion.

The alternative scenario is that Esperion launches and sells the drug itself in the U.S. and gets milestones and royalties from Europe. Right now, Esperion is a cash rich firm, and although it's not a drug giant, this pill is a strong product (especially the combination). Merck (MRK) just announced that it's selling its Zetia factories before Esperion starts to compete. That should tell you something...
Pfizer (PFE) could also step in to buy Esperion since it has bought Esperion Founder Roger Newton's drugs twice before. The first was Lipitor which became a $10 billion statin pill. The next was a protein drug, also from Esperion. Pfizer let Roger and his team walk away with bempedoic acid... Pfizer thought it wasn't going to amount to anything!

The best play for Esperion is to put bempedoic acid, Zetia (ezetimibe), and a statin like Pfizer's into the same pill, to lower everyone's cholesterol to the new lower, safer standards. That could be a $20 pill with twice the reach of bempedoic acid and ezetimibe alone.

You might think all of this is conjecture but Novartis (NVS) just paid $9.7 billion for the Medicines Company (MDCO) to get a once-every-six-month injectable cholesterol-fighting drug called PCSK9. That deal closed a month ago... So Big Pharma understands what this market is worth.

Put simply, if the Medicines Company is worth nearly $10 billion, then Esperion is worth $10 billion. Lipitor was worth $10 billion PER YEAR a decade ago. So, a Lipitor/bempedoic acid/ezetimibe pill is worth $10 billion per year. Esperion would be a steal for Pfizer at $10 billion.
Now, any other Big Pharma could buy it or no one could buy it. Either way, this is a great time to own Esperion, as FDA approval and U.S. sales are imminent. And European approval plus a $150 milestone payment are very likely to follow.

fightintxag13
AG
SQ is off to a great start today!
oldarmy1
AG
MOMO good entry time on a laggard
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I don't see your big volume in calls yet?
oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I don't see your big volume in calls yet?
I bought as ton of shares to be fluid as it ramped up....like now.
McInnis 03
AG
fightintxag13 said:

SQ is off to a great start today!
Jet went net free on some 2/21 calls
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
OKTA on the breakout.,....name your exit and take the money and run for your supreme patience.
Hendrix
AG
sold all my remaining enph >55. WIll buy back lower hopefully. This is a little frothy. Tax bill should be fun next year.
CheladaAg
AG
AYX looking like a buy. Not sure why after very solid earnings last week.
Brewmaster
AG
boyz05 said:

AYX looking like a buy. Not sure why after very solid earnings last week.
looks like a big ol cup and handle on the 6 month... maybe the dip today is completing the handle.
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OKTA on the breakout.,....name your exit and take the money and run for your supreme patience.

Nice call on this one!
McInnis 03
AG
Trailing stop activated on SQ 2/21 85c. That was a healthy trade for once.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Took a small call spot on PLUG. Mar 20 5.5c Check it out.

B&I Key:
Pignorant
AG
Holding a few TLRA calls with July expiration.

Should I go net free or wait since expiration is pretty far out?
YNWA_AG
AG
CX
jbeck3487
AG
QQQ going to work! Let's see $3!
AgShaun00
AG
Pignorant said:

Holding a few TLRA calls with July expiration.

Should I go net free or wait since expiration is pretty far out?
depends on your risk strategy. Going net free is always a winner. Me personally is not to get greedy which causes winners to become losers. just my .02
McInnis 03
AG
Set trailing stop limits if you want to protect what you got. Just realize with Options you're going to have to push your activation price a decent bit away from the current because of volatility. Stops can cost quite a bit of profit.

I'd go net free.

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
leoj
AG
What comes first, SPX 3400 or 1000 pages
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

Woooowww.

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
MDB trend breakout to new highs. Expect a $3 plus move from here.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MDB trend breakout to new highs. Expect a $3 plus move from here.
Over 4600 $MDB calls for 2/28 at 200c traded this morning

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Was that you OA?

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Software/cloud continues to kill it. NOW, CRM, etc

Also our friend JD at $43
SoTXAg09
AG
Guess who sold AAPL calls for a huge loss yesterday? This guy...
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

FSLY

B&I Key:
Tumble Weed
leoj said:

Picked up some JD on the corona virus bad news cycle. I would have never looked at if it were not for this thread. Y'all pick some crazy stuff!
Colt98
AG
MM piss me off sometimes. Buy tsla put when stock is at 943, now stock is 930 and my puts are almost lower $2. That's just plain wrong.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm not touching TSLA anymore, as I'm not touching ROKU anymore. ROKU is greek for "MCINNIS POISON"

B&I Key:
TheBiggerEvent
AG
MOMO basing.. ready to pop
First Page Last Page
Page 994 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.