Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,239 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got 4/6 calls at a strike of $10.5 that I got for $.11
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'll need to learn more before moving into that area.
Ragoo
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

if you own the underlying stock, say 100 shares. You can sell 1 call option contract against those 100 share. each contract being 100 shares. This is what old army does. Sells covered calls against his position. collect the premium, likely wait for the option to decay and buy it back at a lower price. you have now effectively lowered your cost basis of the stock you purchased.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

15min S&P chart. I'm buying puts at the top of this channel and selling thin. I just don't see it breaking out high. Overall trend is down even before the trade war talk last week.

Nice Darvis Box there. Good thing is of you do buy Puts at top of channel you have a clear stop.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ last trade on our options 47 cents.

We are right back to 1st morning resistance. Break that and we all get filled.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Is there a limit sell option on options on Robinhood that I can't find? I haven't found the function and I've basically been babysitting them my on my second screen.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

if you own the underlying stock, say 100 shares. You can sell 1 call option contract against those 100 share. each contract being 100 shares. This is what old army does. Sells covered calls against his position. collect the premium, likely wait for the option to decay and buy it back at a lower price. you have now effectively lowered your cost basis of the stock you purchased.

Spot on Ragoo! My numero uno approach to clear resistance marks. Even more so on a well defined sideways channel.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'll give it a swing
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Is there a limit sell option on options on Robinhood that I can't find? I haven't found the function and I've basically been babysitting them my on my second screen.

Yes...let me look and recall what I did

Ok I think when you enter your sell you put number of contracts to sell and it has a default current price for limit. Click on that price and you can adjust it.
0708aggie
AG
OA, how are you calculating the price need to achieve your limit sell? Is this based on volatility?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Thanks!! The options platform is a bit different from the equities.
oldarmy1
AG
You don't have to be some stock guru to spot 1 minute resistance. Everyone should be able to see this...

tailgatetimer10
AG
Is the consolidation along this line a good thing, as long as it doesn't sit there for too long?
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Is the consolidation along this line a good thing, as long as it doesn't sit there for too long?
Absolutely. And the market momentum ain't hurting the cause either.
oldarmy1
AG
Breakout attempt underway
Ranger222
AG
SQ 15 minute chart
oldarmy1
AG
Options up 82%. Any sellers? You bunch of greedy Capitalists!
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

And this is where I get in trouble. I'm stubborn
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

oldarmy1 said:

And this is where I get in trouble. I'm stubborn

Recall my approach back when building capital? I would always sell half when doubled and have my capital back.

Now if people have 2-3 contracts that makes less sense. I'd rather they sell it all somewhere above 50% ROI. My target is not necessarily everyone's target or even goal.

Bit if someone getting started has $260 in 10 contracts then sell 5 at 52 cents and it changes their entire mindset on the trade.

Everyone is unique. The cause of entering the trades should be similar.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Not seeing breakout on my end. Seeing SQ $53 calls at .41 cents
FriscoKid
AG
I stayed in because I'm stubborn and RSI was at 62 and volume was fading. I made my other biggest mistake though and got in to the trade too soon because I was afraid I would miss it. I'm almost green again, but that's where I screw up every time. I get in to soon and out too late.
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Not seeing breakout on my end. Seeing SQ $53 calls at .41 cents

At a luncheon and see a high today at 47 cents
AggiePeeps06
AG
Yep that's what I show. On the move back up now. Will probably retest that high shortly
tailgatetimer10
AG
Boy it just doesn't want to hold that 49.45
AggiePeeps06
AG
Just broke it
FriscoKid
AG
Solid day today for the market. I was wrong again.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ive got my option sell set at $.52!! So freaking close!!
tailgatetimer10
AG
I got a sale at .50. was happy to double money
AggiePeeps06
AG
Just sold mine at .50 bought at .28 cents. Not bad for one day!
oldarmy1
AG
Good job guys. Heading to the airport. Anyone who decides to hold will be looking for another gap up Monday coming off the Holiday weekend. Historically a positive day. Never be upset for taking a good profit!

Later!
leoj
AG
Got into some MU and T calls before the late afternoon gains. Going to keep reading up and trying to actually have a strategy where I know what I'm doing.
FriscoKid
AG
leoj said:

Got into some MU and T calls before the late afternoon gains. Going to keep reading up and trying to actually have a strategy where I know what I'm doing.

I like it. They reported better than expected and their price dropped. The IC companies have huge lead times right now too. The distribution guys/gals keep warning me about it.

I don't know if MU is the best option, but I think semi's are a solid buy.

tailgatetimer10
AG
I work in semiconductor, memory is still very pricey and in high demand. I'd suspect micron will do pretty well this quarter with the Samsung power incident as well.
FriscoKid
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

I work in semiconductor, memory is still very pricey and in high demand. I'd suspect micron will do pretty well this quarter with the Samsung power incident as well.

What part of the state/country? If you are in the metroplex we know some of the same people.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Been in the Austin area. The industry definitely feels small as you run into a lot of the same people
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.