Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,773 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by bmoochie
J_Landes89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grateful for the 3 days off. Needed sanity therapy
oldarmy1
AG
Portfolio's ended down 1% today. But up 9% on the week. Was a more difficult week moving larger positions than usual. Something I'm keeping an eye on.
ToddyHill
AG
What a crazy week. Three weeks ago, after 40 years of investing in the stock market, I went all cash in my IRA (this Corona Virus is an issue that I believe will drive the markets lower). Nevertheless, I went all in on NVDA this past Monday, as I suspected their earnings were going to be insane). Thankfully, I was right. I can honestly say I won't have another week like this one.
tailgatetimer10
AG
We do business in China and the virus is not impacting much. Fully expecting capacity to be recovered by end of the quarter.

If there's a set back it's going to be from something else
HoustonAg2014
AG
Are we still bullish on Roku?? My options worked this week but my stock position in Roku swung 20ish% today from high to low.
IrishTxAggie
AG
It had a lot of support at $129. Assuming nothing awful over the long weekend, I think it will happen up. It got way oversold today
IrishTxAggie
AG
We've got three days with no market, but if they can build on this, should be a calm weekend.

Coronavirus drug could start production this month: Peter Navarro

https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthcare/coronavirus-drug-treatment-peter-navarro
ProgN
ToddyHill said:

What a crazy week. Three weeks ago, after 40 years of investing in the stock market, I went all cash in my IRA (this Corona Virus is an issue that I believe will drive the markets lower). Nevertheless, I went all in on NVDA this past Monday, as I suspected their earnings were going to be insane). Thankfully, I was right. I can honestly say I won't have another week like this one.
Nice kill this week with NVDA, but don't get greedy with IRA accounts, instead book profits because there will always be the next trade. I think the market continues to climb, but not much higher. Trading accounts and IRA very different animals. In an IRA, you can book profits and wait without tax ramifications, but if you get greedy and lose you're ****ed and can't easily replace the money. JMO
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

It had a lot of support at $129. Assuming nothing awful over the long weekend, I think it will happen up. It got way oversold today
The entire street, with the exception of Morgan Stanley, was extremely positive. Personally, I hope MS gets kicked in the nuts because ROKU's qtr was stellar and it shouldn't have happened today.;
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

IrishTxAggie said:

The entire street, with the exception of Morgan Stanley, was extremely positive. Personally, I hope MS gets kicked in the nuts because ROKU's qtr was stellar and it shouldn't have happened today.;

My ex is a wealth manager at MS, so I'd be OK with this.
Brewmaster
AG
PN - it was all an IV thang. Had nothing to do with their Q. MM's crushed the max premiums and rake it in. Next week they should let it fly. and I am long ROKU, bought back in today, not at the low unfortunately.
Brewmaster
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Are we still bullish on Roku?? My options worked this week but my stock position in Roku swung 20ish% today from high to low.
Very, all about the IV crush, forget about this week. It will fly soon. Just my newb opinion and based on what I've learned from those with a lot more experience than me.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bought 2/21 $130C after it bounced off $129ish the third time. It confirmed support for me and I kept a tight stop on it so if it failed $129 and dipped under $128, I'd cut bait.
ToddyHill
AG
Totally agree with you. Thanks for your perspective.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Okay thanks for the outlook! I will look forward to it going to the moon at the open on Tuesday!
UpstateAg
AG
So a few things about the SDC hit piece. The woman they used, check out her background. Also, see who is on the board of Align who also was an NBC exec.
Stocktwits is my source. So it might be time fool hat wrong.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Mind giving the path for us, or you gonna make me do some research on my Saturday?
Brewmaster
AG
No, ST peeps are on to something. It was a paid hit piece, lots of dots connecting. The gal that supposedly "had problems" has been in trouble with the law before. I'm not sure I'll touch SDC anytime again soon...too bad too b/c it was headed to 20+. I should've boarded the SPCEship instead!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Chesapeake energy just fell below $.50/share.
jbeck3487
AG
So you think this is something SDC can't recover from?
UpstateAg
AG
As Warren Buffet says, buy the dip you morons.

I kid, but these pieces are not quite the one time events like a chipotle food poisoning that drops the stock big time. It seems kore if a hit piece like what was targeted at GE a few months ago. I bought the dip there and am pleased with almost a double on that stock position.
leoj
AG
Brewmaster
AG
jbeck3487 said:

So you think this is something SDC can't recover from?
SDC situation reminds me a lot of OSTK. When that kind of manipulation shows up, I'm out! They could drop it however far they want.
leoj
AG

This plus Japan gdp miss, we have to get a meaningful pullback soon. This has been a crazy run for the past 4 months.
E
AG
Ugh, forgot today was Presidents day and markets are closed
aggiedaniel06
AG
My productivity is going to triple, today!
Whitetail
AG
E said:

I had the same WTF happened feeling, when I saw my accounts red again.
Boat Shoes
AG
Whitetail said:

E said:

Your accounts are red even when the market is closed? T&P.
khaos288
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Whitetail said:

E said:

Is there any other color? I thought I had a red theme app?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm sure y'all's employers will appreciate a full day's work out of you now.
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I'm sure y'all's employers will appreciate a full day's work out of you now.

You guys don't work at banks? Presidents' Day for my wedding anniversary and Columbus Day for my birthday. #winning
ProgN
Well, we know Khaos is getting ass today.
Whitetail
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Whitetail said:

E said:

Still showing Friday (Fidelity)
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Well, we know Khaos is getting ass today.
He's married...No he's not.
khaos288
AG
Key is...marrying well
First Page Last Page
Page 989 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.