Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,092,613 Views | 224495 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by HoustonAg2014
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

FriscoKid said:

I only post this so you know that I put my money where my mouth was. I think the bear pattern was pretty clear in the charts that I posted. I'd like to know if anyone had advice on the trade or if there was something else that should have been considered. I'm still somewhat green at this.
So does the Mar 28'18 $2610 Put give anything away on what you had on this? I see all of the other parts blacked out.

TIA
No, that is the strike price of the stock. I had an option to sell/buy @2610.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
oldarmy1
AG
Les Appelt 1999 said:

oldarmy1 said:

HUGE volume flood

Will definitely want a summary of what just happened after lunch and the volume explosion as we hit support.
Frisco or someone with Level 2 charts please post a DOW minute chart with volumes. I'm out of the country and was tablet trading.

A lot of bearish talk and certainly all of this crazy capitulation could be the markets turning over to take back more of the 8500 rocket.
WestTexAg12
AG
****, what a brutal day.

Is this the start of a bear? Or rather the continuation of one?

I've got a butterfly in my stomach that wants me to sell everything and hold for a while.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Les Appelt 1999 said:

oldarmy1 said:

HUGE volume flood

Will definitely want a summary of what just happened after lunch and the volume explosion as we hit support.
Frisco or someone with Level 2 charts please post a DOW minute chart with volumes. I'm out of the country and was tablet trading.

A lot of bearish talk and certainly all of this crazy capitulation could be the markets turning over to take back more of the 8500 rocket.
Holy crap! I didn't see that. That was more than huge volume. Hold on!
FriscoKid
AG
60 million in the final minute!

IrishTxAggie
AG
What the ****??
WestTexAg12
AG
What does this mean?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
oldarmy1
AG
This is MU minute chart. Over 900k shares traded on the minute mark when it had failed and hit days lows. Remember my rule on 2X highest volume intrady after initial 30 minutes trading? BINGO! That was a screaming buy. And it repeated across most shares. And as Frisco pointed out the final minutes had huge volume that held shares from retreating back to that bottom bounce low.

Can anyone see the chart?

FriscoKid
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

What does this mean?
Oldarmy is going to need to help with this one. I have no idea.

I would guess reversal and lots of buying at the close.
FriscoKid
AG
no, filters are blocking your "nasty" word.
leoj
AG
No, the link url has something that is censored in the name
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This is MU minute chart. Over 900k shares traded on the minute mark when it had failed and hit days lows. Remember my rule on 2X highest volume intrady after initial 30 minutes trading? BINGO! That was a screaming buy. And it repeated across most shares. And as Frisco pointed out the final minutes had huge volume that held shares from retreating back to that bottom bounce low.

Can't see the chart, and I don't know remember the 2x rule.

I'm a noob.
FriscoKid
AG

http://bigcharts.marke****ch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp?show=&insttype=&symb=mu&x=38&y=9&time=1&startdate=1%2F4%2F1999&enddate=3%2F27%2F2018&freq=9&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comptemptext=&comp=none&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&style=320&size=2&timeFrameToggle=false&compareToToggle=false&indicatorsToggle=false&chartStyleToggle=false&state=8

it should be m a r k e t w a t c h

edit it manually
gougler08
AG
So does the huge buy at the end of day signal futures moving back up for tomorrow or the bottom opening soon? I'm a noob at this, but can't say I've seen a spike like that ever...
FriscoKid
AG
volume was 10M at 3:59 and 69M at the close. That's nuts
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Negative, can NOT see the chart.
leoj
AG
Weird, I can see it in your quote now
Rice and Fries
FriscoKid said:

Volume in relation to what? S&P500, DJIA, or just overall?

Man am I glad I sold last week...
FriscoKid
AG
But, there wasn't volume at the bottom. Are you sure about this? It was just volume at the close.
FriscoKid
AG
snowmnag970 said:

FriscoKid said:

Volume in relation to what? S&P500, DJIA, or just overall?

Man am I glad I sold last week...

It was just buying across the board. The S&P chart looked the same. (OldArmy can correct if I'm wrong)
FriscoKid
AG
I'm going to bet that this spike was a huge position that had to cover at the close.
what say you
so for all of the beginners, what does this mean? When I hear a huge volume spike, I think the stock values are about to rise and folks will make some money on the increase... is this train of thought correct?

TIA!
Rice and Fries
what say you said:

so for all of the beginners, what does this mean? When I hear a huge volume spike, I think the stock values are about to rise and folks will make some money on the increase... is this train of thought correct?

TIA!

Volume just says how liquid or active the market it. There's positive volume (green) and negative volume (red).

Candle stick charts show this better but it basically takes when you see green sticks mean positive buying volume and red candle sticks mean selling volume.
oldarmy1
AG
The final minute volume includes settle on close orders and is always a spike above daily volumes. Pull up a daily on yesterday, or any day, and you'll see it. Granted today's was larger than normal, so the odds go to the plus side. However, I do not have any basis for doing anything but options on a late opportunity like today.

If we got hook closed with that late rally (which still ended over 300 points down) then it won't take long tomorrow to head into the red. Otherwise any bounce at all allows you to sell call options bought late today.

oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Negative, can NOT see the chart.
pfo
AG
I am hoping our market goes down hard tomorrow and we then have an intraday reversal. An intraday reversal has been a reliable indicator in the past.

Things are getting scarier.Good grief, I took a paper beating today.

Ranger222
AG
The best chart I've seen about where this market might be heading.....my uneducated guess is we are headed for the bottom of the old uptrend channel (bottom dashed blue line) that would be pretty close to the Feb '18 low and a retest.

Another option would be to test cloud support down all the way at 2461....where I got that number a few pages back now. That might actually be the best case scenario long term as it would be the head of a possible inverted H&S pattern........

FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The final minute volume includes settle on close orders and is always a spike above daily volumes. Pull up a daily on yesterday, or any day, and you'll see it. Granted today's was larger than normal, so the odds go to the plus side. However, I do not have any basis for doing anything but options on a late opportunity like today.

If we got hook closed with that late rally (which still ended over 300 points down) then it won't take long tomorrow to head into the red. Otherwise any bounce at all allows you to sell call options bought late today.

I completely agree it was close orders. But that was probably well over a billion dollars to close it out. Someone was forced to buy at the close.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures reversed to red. DOW -85. S&P -11
Had a trade indicator go off filling futures at -12.75 which is where we hit lows yesterday.

If we lose this it's gonna be a bloody mess. Back to sleep with a limit sell at -15.
Bonfire1996
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures reversed to red. DOW -85. S&P -11
Had a trade indicator go off filling futures at -12.75 which is where we hit lows yesterday.

If we lose this it's gonna be a bloody mess. Back to sleep with a limit sell at -15.

Thought you were overseas. Why sleep at 3:25 am central time?
oldarmy1
AG
Honduras
FriscoKid
AG
The open is going to be quite interesting to watch. It's not going to be a flat day.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm really not sure what to do here. I wish I would've closed early yesterday while up, I finished the day pretty low yesterday
Bonfire1996
AG
Welp. Trump just destroyed amazon today.
FriscoKid
AG
Les Appelt 1999 said:

Welp. Trump just destroyed amazon today.
How so?
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.