Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,965,969 Views | 223993 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by BlueTaze
WestTexAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

I just got a news flash that Trump is sending 3k marines to Iraq. Don't know if that's additional troops or a late print from 2 days ago. I'm on mobile and don't have time to verify it. The markets did sell off at the time of the release.

More troops to Iraq can hold it down.

Damnit why do I have to be on my B Billet... I want back in the fleet with my grunts!
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Agsrback12
Prognightmare said:

I just got a news flash that Trump is sending 3k marines to Iraq. Don't know if that's additional troops or a late print from 2 days ago. I'm on mobile and don't have time to verify it. The markets did sell off at the time of the release.

More troops to Iraq can hold it down.

I'm gonna stick it out for a bit. This market seems pretty strong considering the futures market recovery less than 12 hours ago. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you!
ProgN
I'm with you. I sold my SPY puts at the open and flipped to calls so I think it goes higher Monday provided there are no attacks by either side.
khaos288
AG
LMT 1/10 415C up 21,000% today

Couple lotto winners there
Cartographer
Under a buck idea:

SGBX lots of volume in the past 4 weeks. Beat down to a low and recovering.
gougler08
AG
ONTX volume coming in again
oldarmy1
AG
SNSS volume lot size rising
IrishTxAggie
AG
Power hour. Market looks like it wants higher after this last dip
Brewmaster
AG
Locked and loaded on both SNSS and ONTX!

oil/ gas and tanker stocks up today: I'm in NAT and TNK

NAT - when it gets to and holds 5.20 it can run to 5.70's.
oldarmy1
AG
Today the markets were caught with their pants down. There is little doubt we would have had a big squeeze open this morning without taking out the terrorists. So the question now becomes did today jolt enough big money to change their planning over the next quarter? If so then today's push higher after the low start is just cover for getting themselves aligned. A lot of options action today, so what I'm suggesting is buy a cheap $323 SPY Put expiring Monday just as a hedge against some weekend sentiment change.

I'm rather thin except for some PYPL calls and such that have limit loss built in.
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

Locked and loaded on both SNSS and ONTX!

oil/ gas and tanker stocks up today: I'm in NAT and TNK

NAT - when it gets to and holds 5.20 it can run to 5.70's.
Watch CLF with a hammer bottom forming today too.
khkman22
AG
Closed my 1/17 FB calls. Didn't feel like dealing with the uncertainty overseas over the weekend. The gap up will probably come Monday now.
WestTexAg12
AG
What did you set your limit loss at? I'm wondering if it closes half of this gap and bounces up Monday.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

What did you set your limit loss at? I'm wondering if it closes half of this gap and bounces up Monday.
On PYPL? I didn't because I bought SPY Puts as hedge but if I were to set a stop loss it would be $0.38 on them because a down opening that is going to move upward would stay above that IMO. A strong opening and those will be good to go. The weekend events will have much to do with what happens early next week.
oldarmy1
AG
DDOG spike back up
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

On PYPL? I didn't because I bought SPY Puts as hedge but if I were to set a stop loss it would be $0.38 on them because a down opening that is going to move upward would stay above that IMO. A strong opening and those will be good to go. The weekend events will have much to do with what happens early next week.

Agreed. Just wanted your thoughts on it. I'm averaged down to $.80. Hesitant to average down more due to uncertainty but it's very inviting.

108.24 would be gap fill. It would also bounce off the bottom support for that wedge of it keeps on this short term trend.
Tumble Weed
Cashed out on PER.

This black swan event allowed a small profit on 2 energy stocks today. Bought some COP and COG as they were lagging the others a bit.
docaggie
AG
Sold 1/3 of my SAVA position today, locking in a double on my initial investment cost for all of my shares.
Will ride the other 2/3 to see where things go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN

More airstrikes
spud1910
AG
docaggie said:

Sold 1/3 of my SAVA position today, locking in a double on my initial investment cost for all of my shares.
Will ride the other 2/3 to see where things go.

Smart man. I sold half of mine when I could go net free. Would have been nice to have waited a bit, but the remaining half is looking good.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Today the markets were caught with their pants down. There is little doubt we would have had a big squeeze open this morning without taking out the terrorists. So the question now becomes did today jolt enough big money to change their planning over the next quarter? If so then today's push higher after the low start is just cover for getting themselves aligned. A lot of options action today, so what I'm suggesting is buy a cheap $323 SPY Put expiring Monday just as a hedge against some weekend sentiment change.

I'm rather thin except for some PYPL calls and such that have limit loss built in.

Futures down 15. This is all a typical sell off over nothing the markets like to do on such occasions, so watch for the same old "V" bottom on volume and then buy without questioning or caring about short term moves thereafter. This is where you make big money by being firm in your conviction.

Options 4 weeks out just to capture best premium.
leoj
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Sold half of Puts on the weak open. Markets pushing up but I didn't pull the trigger on anything more than I have.

SNSS is up at resistance area. If volume floods in it will be a runner.
oldarmy1
AG
TLRA trying to break out
BT1395
AG
Just bought a few more PYPL 1/17 $113 calls. I'm like a blind man waiting for OA to guide me....
oldarmy1
AG
WORK back to resistance with larger volume. Watch for breakout.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU going
ProgN
Roku in business
oldarmy1
AG
BT1395 said:

Just bought a few more PYPL 1/17 $113 calls. I'm like a blind man waiting for OA to guide me....
Gonna be alright on PYPL as with all of them as long as markets don't turn over. That means no huge negative event coming.
chubbs07
AG
OA - you mentioned options 4 weeks out, but are you still thinking PYPL will run for those Jan17/113Cs? I was able to catch it and average down when it was in the .30s .. positive moves already this morning, but curious as to if you are thinking it will continue?

*just saw your post above.. Thanks!
oldarmy1
AG
DDOG big volume coming in
oldarmy1
AG
chubbs07 said:

OA - you mentioned options 4 weeks out, but are you still thinking PYPL will run for those Jan17/113Cs? I was able to catch it and average down when it was in the .30s .. positive moves already this morning, but curious as to if you are thinking it will continue?
Yes
E
AG
OA, are you still bullish on CX getting to $5+ this year? I have some 1/17 $3.5 calls that I'm thinking of exercising and putting away for a while
oldarmy1
AG
NET breaking above 5 day resistance. Options out 3 weeks $17.50-$18
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

OA, are you still bullish on CX getting to $5+ this year? I have some 1/17 $3.5 calls that I'm thinking of exercising and putting away for a while
Yes - It's going to wake up for reclaiming close to $5.50 is my 1st rung 2020 target. But that has to be the longest darn cup and handle in market history! Achieve that and candle is lit for further continuation above $7.

First Page Last Page
Page 883 of 6400

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.