Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,057,496 Views | 224349 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Spoony Love
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

USMCA passed the House. On to the Senate.

Good thing the Senate doesn't have anything on their agenda so they can pass it too.
jtmoney03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Very strong close on the S&P. I think we can see 3220 tomorrow

Very strong. Futures looking good, about to pass 3216 so definitely doable today. I'm sitting on a handful of SPY 321s for today, so we'll see how they look at open.
ProgN
I'm not at home, any ROKU news?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Anyone wants to take a lottery ticket, AMZN $1805C on the open. If it gets over $1800, it can go to $1820 fast. Do not do this one if you can't afford to lose it all. The premium can disappear in a matter of seconds.
59 South
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Anyone wants to take a lottery ticket, AMZN $1805C on the open. If it gets over $1800, it can go to $1820 fast. Do not do this one if you can't afford to lose it all. The premium can disappear in a matter of seconds.

It's way overdue for a breakout. I'm still holding 1/3 1810 and 1/17 1850.
WestTexAg12
AG
Out on my JD 12/20 calls for a nice profit.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Talon2DSO
AG
I got out too early on my JD calls. I'll need to jump back in and trust yall more
Tumble Weed
Bought the small cup and handle on BAC today.
gougler08
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I got out too early on my JD calls. I'll need to jump back in and trust yall more
Might want to wait and see if it can break through 35.40, that's where it hit resistance after earnings
jmcfar_98
AG
Tumble Weed said:

Brewmaster
AG
LK has similar crazy volume buy in 1/17 calls, but for $37 (sorry no link). It's currently floundering at 31.80.
Tumble Weed
jmcfar_98 said:

Tumble Weed said:

Saw the crazy volume early in the morning. Had really heavy volume yesterday as well and set a good base.
I like to see which way the wind is blowing.

Cashed out on CHK at .96 yesterday. It dropped like a rock and I bought some more this morning. Extremely high volumes with some nice flashes both ways. If it gets to .95 I will sell it again.
gougler08
AG
JD trying the 35.45 resistance again
59 South
AG
gougler08 said:

JD trying the 35.45 resistance again

Looking strong. Shorts been keeping it under control for awhile. If they capitulate it's going to explode. Need volume.
Pignorant
AG
X down bigly today.
ProgN
Bad guidance
oldarmy1
AG
Not sure JD runs today more than here. It's never paid off the cheap option buyers on a Friday. $35.50 for a dime looks like easy money except historically JD might move a few pennies above or below but only once has run on a Friday.
oldarmy1
AG
NET volume spike on positive growth story
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Not sure JD runs today more than here. It's never paid off the cheap option buyers on a Friday. $35.50 for a dime looks like easy money except historically JD might move a few pennies above or below but only once has run on a Friday.
And like clockwork, back to low 35s
Tumble Weed
Made a little sum on PER yesterday. Exited at .92.

It dropped today to .88 and I am back in. Will be working this stock for the quick hit. Get up a couple of % and cash out in a day.
oldarmy1
AG
My mark of 3250 on S&P was close enough today that I bought some ES Puts out to March as we hit 3225. If we make 3250 I'll double up and look to sell those once these entries are green.

BTW - my main reason for pulling the trigger is the upward momentum depresses the Put side plus from an intraday perspective this rocket move up on a Friday expiration day late can be clearing out short sellers.
oldarmy1
AG
These small caps aren't as accurate on analytics as larger stocks but should PTI hold above $1.20 it would be above yesterdays low signaling buying volume has equalized with the sellers. Typically you get a short bounce off of that close. Anything above $1.33 likely runs to $1.50 area.
Tumble Weed
Exited CHK for the day at even Stephen. After yesterdays profit I was nervous about double dipping. Didn't want to ride it into the weekend. Everyone seems to be sipping eggnog instead of trading stocks, and all the volume was early in the day.

Merry Christmas to all of you Scrooges! May the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come not haunt you on the 24th.
oldarmy1
AG
Huge volume buys on PTI keeping the close above a key mark. Expect a move up.
Brewmaster
AG
What's Tha Deal Barbecue - in Bryan... for those that live here or visit. It is Legit! It's a mom n pop joint that opened up not long ago, operating out of a food trailer for now.

The brisket is some of the best I've ever had. Sides were solid too.

Sorry for the OT post...green trades all!
george1992
oldarmy1 said:

Huge volume buys on PTI keeping the close above a key mark. Expect a move up.
I sure hope so. I'm sitting on a big loss right now.
jmcfar_98
AG
BREwmaster said:

What's Tha Deal Barbecue - in Bryan... for those that live here or visit. It is Legit! It's a mom n pop joint that opened up not long ago, operating out of a food trailer for now.

The brisket is some of the best I've ever had. Sides were solid too.

Sorry for the OT post...green trades all!

Drove by the food truck a couple of weeks ago and saw a huge line. Are they still at Texas and Hwy 21ish? I'm interested to try it now. Thanks for the input. Went to the new BBQ joint in CS. Cooper's. Won't be going back. Wasn't very good at all. Sauce was a vinegar based sauce and the brisket wasn't very good.
Brewmaster
AG
Yes sir, a black food trailer, about a block south of 21 on the east side of Texas Ave (where a JJ's liquor used to be). They pop up on google too, with the location mapped.

I bought an extra lb to take home to the wife (bbq fan), she approved as well.

All the King's Men BBQ is my golden standard in B/CS now, amazing Q and sides, but What's Tha Deal is fantastic.
Whitetail
AG
george1992 said:

I'm going to put you guys, gals and in-betweens onto a stock that has made me a lot of money. It is Texas Pacific Land Trust. I'm part of a group that owns around 10% of the company. It trades under TPL. There is a lot of articles on the going ons lately for this company (considering converting to a c-corp, big fight over a trustee position etc). Things have settled down and our group has a representative on the Conversion Committee and that same person will likely be a board member once the company converts to a C corporation.

There is a lot of upside potential in this stock. It has traded as high as $915 recently and is currently trading around $620. There was a bad earnings report Q2 as a result of excessive legal fees. The majority of those fees are now gone and all lawsuits have been settled. The Q3 report was much better and now the stock appears to be back on a upward swing. I think it could hit $900 per share and then $2000 per share at the end of next year. At that point we will diversify away from this holding but still maintain a large position because we feel it can go much higher.

You can find some quick background on this company here:

http://www.tpltrust.com/

There is also a blog that keeps track of the comings and goings with the trust:

https://tpltblog.com/

It is a very lightly traded stock and the price of oil does affect the price of the stock. But its not an operating company is very different from the other mineral trusts out there. They have a water company, own a ton of land and most of the mineral interests of the trust have yet to be tapped.

22% run since this post...
ProgN

dlp3719
AG
JD closing in on $36 premarket
E
AG
Getting out of DIS today...
IrishTxAggie
AG
E said:

Getting out of DIS today...
Thanks. It should boom now... I kid. I'm not far behind probably. Going to give it the Holiday week.
UpstateAg
AG
Man. ZS is just chugging along.
badharambe
AG
Is there any edge in BA puts? It just seems like a significant portion of the company is struggling but the stock doesn't react.
First Page Last Page
Page 869 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.