Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,326 Views | 224594 Replies | Last: 27 sec ago by EnronAg
amg1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like they posted a capital gains distribution on 12/12 for $2.03 per share with a reinvestment price of $27.34 per share.
bb2003
AG
Ah, that makes sense. TD Ameritrade doesn't show that activity but my dollar balance is back to where it should be. Thanks!
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

You ever see a halt like today on AMRN? You've been around this stuff a lot longer than me
That was the 2nd longest I can recall. MRK had one that happened just after the market opened and released 17 minutes before markets closed.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lots of pissed off options traders on Twitter
gig em 02
IrishTxAggie said:

How are those contracts handled?
Talon2DSO
AG
What JD gonna do this week? I almost bought an airfryer at Walmart today to do my part in bumping the stock
IrishTxAggie
AG
gig em 02 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

How are those contracts handled?
The stock was 24.12 when it was halted. ITM options would be automatically exercised assuming you had the equity to cover the purchase. If you didn't, you're essentially SOL unless your brokerage would float you the margin. OTM options, you'd have to call your broker and tell them you want to exercise the options and again you need the equity to buy the stocks.
oldarmy1
AG
Talon2DSO said:

What JD gonna do this week? I almost bought an airfryer at Walmart today to do my part in bumping the stock

You'll be happy
claym711
AG
As long as the Fed has abandoned QT, and short of an unforeseeable event, buy all dips. If Fed is pumping, as they have been since Sept, go long with eyes closed
tailgatetimer10
AG
claym711 said:

As long as the Fed has abandoned QT, and short of an unforeseeable event, buy all dips. If Fed is pumping, as they have been since Sept, go long with eyes closed

Dang, you're typically a more bearish poster too...
ProgN
Quote:

Roku Leads In Subscriber Battle With Apple, Amazon
3:09 pm ET December 13, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
Roku, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROKU) is in the lead ahead of rival streaming players Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) and Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), according to the latest research from eMarketer.

Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and Amazon Fire all aim to simplify the viewer transition from cable TV service to streaming.

Roku Leads Amazon, Apple

Roku will maintain its lead in the streaming space, and by 2023 it will have 111.7 million streaming players in the U.S. compared to Amazon Fire TV's 88.3 million, according to eMarketer.

Apple TV will remain in fourth place behind Chromecast, with 25.5 million streaming players versus Chromecast's 34.2 million in 2023, the market research company said.

Roku Announces Holiday Stream-A-Thon

Earlier this week, Roku announced its second annual Stream-a-thon, a week during the holiday season when users will have access to premium TV for free.

Viewers can enjoy a selection of unlocked premium content for free with no subscription needed on The Roku Channel.

Roku also expanded its Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel with a HBO plus Cinemax Value Pack for $20.99.

"Stream-a-thon marks the conclusion of an eventful year for The Roku Channel, which included milestones such as the introduction of Premium Subscriptions, the expansion of our live and linear channel offering, the debut of Kids & Family, and the addition of value packs," Rob Holmes, vice president of programming and engagement at Roku, said in a statement.
fightintxag13
AG
Anyone thinking entry on ROKU?
IrishTxAggie
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Puts. It needs to break resistance around 136 before I go in. If it gets rejected, the 130P
ProgN
I'm waiting, the MACD is close to a pivotal level that could lead to more downside.
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Talon2DSO said:

You'll be happy

I really hope you're right! Seems to be more optimism in the Wall Street Breakfast brief. Maybe it bumps north of $36?
UpstateAg
AG
BYND.
fightintxag13
AG
AAPL
gougler08
AG
MU having a huge run up before earnings tomorrow...
kylewhitener
I believe earnings for MU are Wednesday after close
gig em 02
PTI, thanks for bringing this one up
gougler08
AG
kylewhitener said:

I believe earnings for MU are Wednesday after close
Ah thanks...tradingview has the date right of 12/18, but shows 1 day remaining
oldarmy1
AG
Closed out repurchased AAPL Calls.

JNPR making a move.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought a few AAPL weekly $275 Puts as a hedge.
oldarmy1
AG
JD....watch for 200k shares on the minute to know something is breaking
Ranger222
AG
Set ups I'm watching --

PYPL needs > 109 to test 112

HD needs > 215 to first 219 then 220

MTCH > 73 to test 75

TGT blue skies > 128

Others -- DDOG
oldarmy1
AG
S&P is on 3200 magnet protocol. Reaches that and flashes it's time to take all short term trades off the table IMO
IrishTxAggie
AG
DBX finding some life finally
Brewmaster
AG
gig em 02 said:

PTI, thanks for bringing this one up
loaded on that one, waiting for results and the pop!
IrishTxAggie
AG
NFLX 12/27 $315C are tempting
Tumble Weed
Tumble Weed said:

jbeck3487 said:

Lets go AAPL
I did my part. Bought some more today for a long term hold.
Still running!
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Talon2DSO said:

You'll be happy

Its moving in the right direction this morning! What indicators should I set up to determine the resistance and support?
oldarmy1
AG
Talon2DSO said:

oldarmy1 said:

Talon2DSO said:

You'll be happy

Its moving in the right direction this morning! What indicators should I set up to determine the resistance and support?
Earnings beat day it flashed to $36 and got crushed by short sellers. Until that is broken it's going to be these trend battles but the trend is clearly upward so buying the dips has been easy money.

I play around with JD a lot. Buying $35 calls for example when it pulls back for next to nothing and then when shares reach where they are right now and the $34 weekly calls are above $1 I sell the $34 as covered calls because I in effect have the right to buy the shares at $35, so my equity is bookended. I bought a $36 weekly for 10 cents little while ago so if JD happens to really break and run to near $36 I can sell the $35 calls, still be able to buy the shares at now $36 or if we see a market end of this run I can sit back and see the next wave.
fightintxag13
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

fightintxag13 said:

Puts. It needs to break resistance around 136 before I go in. If it gets rejected, the 130P
Thoughts now?
IrishTxAggie
AG
fightintxag13 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

fightintxag13 said:

Thoughts now?
Look at the 142C, but I'm not playing them today. I thought I read something about their CFO having a call later today.
tramaro1
AG
Holy crap TSLA, lol.
First Page Last Page
Page 862 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.