Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,064,620 Views | 224406 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

For those playing with JD, whats the reason why? I know y'all are options junkies out here but Chinese ecommerce just sound like you're asking to get the rug pulled out from under you by either Chinese bookkeeping or trade talks.

Or are y'all using JD as a way to trade on the outlook of trade talks?

Trade deal
ProgN
Quote:

Days After Disney+ Launch, Hulu Hikes Prices For Live TV
3:47 pm ET November 15, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
Walt Disney Co.'s (NYSE: DIS) Hulu is boosting the monthly base price of its Live TV streaming service. The company said in a press release it will increase the price of Hulu+ Live TV from $44.99 to $54.99 starting Dec. 18.

"The new price better reflects the substantial value of Hulu + Live TV and allows us to continue offering all of the popular live news, sports and entertainment programming included in the plan," the company said.

The announcement followed Tuesday's launch of Disney's new flagship streaming service, Disney+, which will be much cheaper, starting at $6.99 a month although it doesn't come with the Live TV programming that Hulu + Live TV offers.

Hulu also said it was making it easy for Hulu subscribers to switch to less expensive on-demand streaming services, for example for sports fans who want live TV during a certain season - or for news junkies.

See Also: Mark Cuban Talks Artificial Intelligence, Disney Vs. Netflix

"If you enjoy most of your TV on demand but really want to watch live election news, just switch to Hulu + Live TV for a few months," the company suggested.

Disney also has a bundle plan, where customers can get Disney+ and the on-demand Hulu service, without live TV, along with ESPN+, for $12.99 a month.

Competitors for Hulu's live TV streaming service include Alphabet Inc.'s (NASDAQ: GOOG) YouTube TV and DISH Network Corp's (NASDAQ: DISH) Sling TV.

Streaming pioneer Roku Inc. (NASDAQ: ROKU) offers users a portal to get live streaming services, including Hulu + Live TV, on to their TV
This, with some profit taking, might have caused the drag on DIS today. HULU is getting more users but will be charging more very shortly. I don't think this will be a blip for DIS and the volume was anemic today so that didn't help.
Bonfire1996
AG
That's dumb of HULU. They were priced better than YouTube TV with a similar product offering. Now they are priced worse AND have minuscule limits on cloud DVR storage, whereas YouTube is unlimited.

I was planning on bundling Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu Live when my DirecTV contract is up. Now I will replace with YouTube TV.
HoustonAg2014
AG
What is the difference between live TV and the ESPN+ offering? If you only care about live sports then I would assume you would do Hulu and ESPN+ and not the Hulu live right?
Bonfire1996
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

What is the difference between live TV and the ESPN+ offering? If you only care about live sports then I would assume you would do Hulu and ESPN+ and not the Hulu live right?
Hulu is just a library of old shows. Not even the current seasons of cable shows.

ESPN+ is the place for live sports, but only from the ESPN family. So no local broadcasts of your NBA, MLB, or NHL teams.

Hulu Live and YouTube TV have the fox sports affiliates close to you geographically as well as your local network channels for NFL. You will be able to watch NBA, MLB, and NHL.
leoj
AG
They are putting a lot of premium stuff on ESPN+, for instance you have to have it to even get UFC ppv's
HoustonAg2014
AG
Ahh ok thank you. I thought Hulu had current shows but on a 1 day delay. I am trying to avoid live TV except for live sports. I get fox sports through a friends login and we share an MLB live login so most of my sports are covered we also share an ESPN+ login but I will be getting my own soon and wasn't sure the best avenue.
leoj
AG
leoj
AG
LostInLA07
AG
Does ESPN+ include regular ESPN streaming?
SoTXAg09
AG
It does not.
ProgN
LostInLA07 said:

We're in the SEC, not the BDF 12, we don't need ESPN + to watch our games.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

LostInLA07 said:

We're in the SEC, not the BDF 12, we don't need ESPN + to watch our games.
love this reply ^ --- this was the big 12 Saturday...

ProgN
khaos288
AG
Dang it, they couldn't play nice on a Monday morning?
ProgN
IMO, there won't be a meaningful trade deal. 2019 is almost over and the Chinese will just gamble on Trump losing, trade accordingly.
IrishTxAggie
AG
"Source"

Someone has puts this week
gig em 02
IrishTxAggie said:

"Source"

You mean like Chinese government officials?
IrishTxAggie
AG
gig em 02 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

"Source"

You mean like Chinese and US government officials?
FIFY
oldarmy1
AG
ZS flash down V recovery early on. Remains on breakout watch.

DIS Friday entries looking good.
jsap
What does that mean OA? Sorry, I'm a newbie in this. Are you saying ZS stock price is about to go up?
leoj
AG
It could, yes. To open the market today, it had a big downward drop, then recovered for a sharp upward movement, so a "v" recovery. He had mentioned earlier what levels and possible options he was looking at.
gougler08
AG
ROKU gap closed
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
TWTR is going.

29.5C could be nice this week
tailgatetimer10
AG
OA's SQ calls are already at 100%.

I sold half my position to ensure no loss
ProgN
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

gig em 02 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

"Source"

You mean like Chinese and US government officials?
FIFY
just news to justify bringing it down -- typical after last weeks rocket upward. 2 steps forward and 1 back.
GreasenUSA
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

OA's SQ calls are already at 100%.

I sold half my position to ensure no loss
The original entry was at .82. I averaged down to bring my cost to .59.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN
La Bamba
AG
Traded LK this morning. Got out way to early but still made money. ATHs on that one.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
jsap said:

What does that mean OA? Sorry, I'm a newbie in this. Are you saying ZS stock price is about to go up?

$46 is major resistance and getting tested multiple days. It's been basing above $41 so buying the dips and selling some as it approaches $46 is easy money until it breaks out. I sold covered calls when it hit $46.

When you see it break above it on volume don't sell.
ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 814 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.