Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,030,077 Views | 224266 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sts7049
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd be locking in at least a chunk of the ROKU profits in the sideways action seeking next directional move.
oldarmy1
AG
NET has a pure macro cup & handle. Any weakness on it is entry time.
ProgN
After playing on Disney+ for awhile last night, I'm going to Best Buy today to buy another ROKU for my other tv. I know this is anecdotal, but I'm sure I won't be the only person doing this.
oldarmy1
AG
So after selling out of the calls as DIS was at $150 approach and selling covered calls on shares those covered calls have moved from $3.13 to $1.49. DIS looks like its 4th test on support intraday might fail - definitely would with another wave down, so to buy back half for 50% gain or risk it?
FarmersFightAg
AG
Thanks. Considering some NET Dec 19 $20 Calls for .30
IrishTxAggie
AG
TSLA on a breakout. If it can get passed 352, it goes to $360
oldarmy1
AG
Held the covered calls on DIS and bottom dropped out sending them from $1.49 to $1.07. I bought back half to lock in $2/call
59 South
AG
50% DIS retrace to around 144 would be a great options entry point out 2-4 weeks if it happens. Tomorrow would be my guess. The price action today is just some nice options killing.
59 South
AG
S&P 3084 clear line in the sand. Scott Redler has mentioned this several times the past week or so.
IrishTxAggie
AG
DIS seems to have put in a solid support at 146.3
Tumble Weed
Any AMD buyers on here?

30 seemed to be a magnet for a while, but it has busted loose (38.13).
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

50% DIS retrace to around 144 would be a great options entry point out 2-4 weeks if it happens. Tomorrow would be my guess. The price action today is just some nice options killing.
yep ROKU will get reaped as well - the grim reaper of options tomorrow!
leoj
AG
Over 27,000 SE Dec $40 calls bought
leoj
AG
I know it's risky, but is anyone looking at TSLA puts once this thing exhausts itself? Already way above the moving averages and gaps below
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

I know it's risky, but is anyone looking at TSLA puts once this thing exhausts itself? Already way above the moving averages and gaps below
TSLA may have turned the corner. I'm not doing any puts on them anytime soon, but I did make a killing on calls with them last week.
oldarmy1
AG
Love it when a plan comes together. Caught the bottom on DIS. S&P now has a big reverse H&S. Will type out what I see going on in the macro markets directionally now that we've confirmed a bullish breakout.
Ragoo
AG
Sold my 145s for nearly 150%. In and out in a morning.
oldarmy1
AG
Massive ACB weekly call buy.....definitely a huge hedge short holder there. I bought some on the cheap and tossed out an ask to sell half and it filled - even though the stock hasn't moved off lows.
oldarmy1
AG
Alrighty - Here is my best take on the markets. The Darvis Box broke to the upside and we've had a nice little run up to 3100 S&P. You'll note that we have profit taking and intraday consolidation taking place yet we've bounced back wave after wave since hitting those highs. That action has created a bull flag at this point seeking confirmation.

The Impeachment hearings are the driver for the markets short term. You could see the low open yesterday immediately jump once the opening Schiff salvo fell flat. Then a rally started when Nunes served up some laser bombs on the entire proceeding. Markets pushed back higher most of the day as the two witnesses looked more like Beavis and Butthead than some aces in the hole.

Pelosi has a disastrous press conference and embarrassingly tosses out one liners to know where. Then abruptly answers a reporters question with "We have not decided whether to even Impeach or not - that's what the inquiry seeks to establish". Markets moved off their lows within 3 minutes of that gem today.

So here's what is going to happen. If we see no absolute dynamite tomorrow from the circus a growing consensus says Nancy will pull the plug on the whole thing. That would be a catalyst for 3200+ my friends and THAT's when we would be exiting the markets for the year.

So hedge on the up periods knowing that you WANT those to get crushed due to that decision coming to fruition - but you have your silver bullet to offset initial drop and make strategic moves if something tangible does come forward.

Oh and as further indication of just how embarrassing this has been for the Democrats. Pelosi had to announce a distraction by using the USMCA they've previously shown zero interest in today.

Colt98
AG
Liking BA here. Going to pop to 380 soon. Looks coiled up to pop. So t you think? Needs 370 today. Bought next week 380 this morning for .85. Sold half on the pop today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Colt98 said:

Liking BA here. Going to pop to 380 soon. Looks coiled up to pop.
I'm in on BA weeklies right now. 367.5C at 1.8. 368 has been a bit of a ***** the last hour or so.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm in Canada for the week (Montreal) using expring airline vouchers with my wife. I went into a government store to see if people we're buying. It was organized chaos, but the main brands were aphria and Aurora. Tons of people going in and out. All types and all classes. But I've only smelled pot while walking a handful of times the past week. People are using pills and sprays.
Clarification. Didn't buy anything.
leoj
AG
Thanks Irish, probably good advice to stay away for now and go for the better risk/reward options out there.
oldarmy1
AG
Watch ZS slowly creeping back upward. If it closes above $46 be in it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm in Canada for the week (Montreal) using expring airline vouchers with my wife. I went into a government store to see if people we're buying. It was organized chaos, but the main brands were aphria and Aurora. Tons of people going in and out. All types and all classes. But I've only smelled pot while walking a handful of times the past week. People are using pills and sprays.
Clarification. Didn't buy anything.
Colt98
AG
Ba. Finally broke above 368. Here comes 370
mrad85
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Maybe CX will get some legs and run?

Brewmaster
AG
Quote:

That would be a catalyst for 3200+ my friends and THAT's when we would be exiting the markets for the year.
early Christmas!

IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm on the 312s
leoj
AG
khaos288
AG
Googl drop on anti trust news
leoj
AG
What's crazy is google and fb are still probably undervalued, but going to come under a lot of pressure in the future
leoj
AG
leoj said:

Anyone else looking at MSFT to run over $145?

I need to learn to trust my instincts
Colt98
AG
Headed over 150
leoj
AG
Yep.

AMAT with the double line beat, I saw an analyst called a bottom for memory so if MU runs LRCX could just beast. My best long stock by a mile.

Edit: yep up almost 2% ah, up 40% over past 3 months.

This is just random.

First Page Last Page
Page 811 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.