Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,058,197 Views | 224355 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Be very wary of the markets. Last major drop began with the capitulation levels and a large squeeze ahead of the bottom falling out.
Post removed:
by user
badharambe
AG
Small update:
Sold bbby today.
Sold roku 110-124

New short
Tsla under 250
Bynd 100$P for nov.1 (started Wednesday)

New Long
Lyft
And watching oil stocks to start positions.
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Be very wary of the markets. Last major drop began with the capitulation levels and a large squeeze ahead of the bottom falling out.
I went ahead and sold a majority of mine.

50% cash right now waiting.
badharambe
AG
Spy up 100 points in 40 hours. Crazy stuff. Details of any deal could be very disappointing.

Volatility has been wild. Don't think that changes, but I do believe new highs soon.
oldarmy1
AG
This close to all-time highs its impossible to know what is about to happen. Go options versus stocks around here. Or at least hedge with a $21 VIX call option...Appears to be the best value for hedge.
Colt98
AG
On the vix. Would you do next week or two weeks? Was looking at this earlier. Along with some gld calls
oldarmy1
AG
badharambe said:

Spy up 100 points in 40 hours. Crazy stuff. Details of any deal could be very disappointing.

Volatility has been wild. Don't think that changes, but I do believe new highs soon.
No kidding, right?! That could turn into momentum and new highs or be a huge bear trap. Best to hedge or sit out some and see what's what.
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

On the vix. Would you do next week or two weeks? Was looking at this earlier. Along with some gld calls
I went Nov 21's just to see if a further flash move reverse hits. Enter $1.25 and exit at $1. Shouldn't have to exit if it's a reversal Monday
La Bamba
AG
Are we in a classic case of buy the rumor sell the news here?
pacecar02
waiting for details

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/us-china-reach-partial-trade-deal-reports

still have all weekend for this to blowup
khaos288
AG
Aapl 242.5c 10-18 .98

Lotto ticket time
khaos288
AG
Citadel holdings dumping roku
Ag13
AG
khaos288 said:

Citadel holdings dumping roku
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/roku-stock-down-despite-hedge-fund-manager-ken-griffins-new-5-stake

Quote:

Roku stock rebounded on Friday after RBC recommended the stock as a buy following the investment from billionaire hedge fund manager Ken Griffin's Citadel Advisors revealing a new 5 percent stake in the streaming service on Thursday.
khaos288
AG
Sorry misread the tweet

docaggie
AG
My shares had covered calls against them at 118 to expire today.
I debated whether to buy them back and rewrite next week but figured I'd let them go today, watch what happens on Monday. My cost basis was down to 105, so it puts me in the positive.
Plus, I want to move things from RH to TDA. Few more options running the remainder of October before I can fully move.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

Sorry misread the tweet

Yeah Hidden Pivots was pointing out Roku may dump a bit again soon. I sold today at 123, quite happy with that...will buy back in in the teens next week
Aggie_2463
AG
Coop down big AH to 9.75

Why?
Cadet05
AG
COOP!
george1992
Aggie_2463 said:

Coop down big AH to 9.75

Why?

Not a lot selling AH. Likely a one off sale.
Brewmaster
AG
george1992 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Coop down big AH to 9.75

Why?

Not a lot selling AH. Likely a one off sale.

OA sold his shares? that's a 9% drop AH!
ProgN
Excellent use of the OA bat signal.
oldarmy1
AG
I was sitting at the bid once I saw it. Raised to $9.92 just in case they wanted to keep giving away money.
claym711
AG
Fed has real quietly restarted QE. Market needs liquidity that only Fed can provide. Why?

While I don't fight the Fed and 2019 is almost an exact replica of 2013 thus far, there is ALOT to be worried about from yield inversion, fed rate cuts (both of which predate all recessions), trade war, liquidity issues, impeachment, potential for a Warren presidency, market reaction at highs since Feb 2018, etc.

There's too much to consider to make any reasonable prediction other than expecting continued volatility through the next election.
ProgN
It might be preemptive with earnings season starting next week. They come in lower and guidance sucks, we will selloff hard.
jmcfar_98
AG
I went cash on Friday with the big Green Day. Sitting on about 45% cash right now.
ProgN
fightintxag13
AG
Imagine that...sell off today and take the last bit of profits that weren't taken Friday. Trump tweets about trade talks going well, the market turns green. Rinse and repeat.
IrishTxAggie
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Imagine that...sell off today and take the last bit of profits that weren't taken Friday. Trump tweets about trade talks going well, the market turns green. Rinse and repeat.
It is already coming back. Thinking we'll open flat and see what the day brings us. I think it will be a pretty sideways day.
ProgN
I'm not expecting much today. It's a safe assumption that the big traders and money managers have the day off.
Aggie_2463
AG
Think I may Scoop some COOP if it's still in the $9s at open
oldarmy1
AG
If you entered VIX or TVIX hedge any flash down sell half to make your hedge a no loss holding to close out of entry price is eclipsed. Fun
oldarmy1
AG
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-13/is-fed-s-bill-buying-spree-qe-does-it-matter

QE melt-up coming?

oldarmy1
AG
Sell ratings on ACB....more typical "let's not place a sell rating when it's up at 10,9,8,5 but once its under $4, sure, why not?"

Buying some $4 options out 2-4 weeks on the cheap for a short covering post "sell rating" bottom.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
PDD $34C expiring this week - what are yalls plans?
First Page Last Page
Page 779 of 6411

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.