Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,087,891 Views | 224474 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by EliteZags
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This has not been a good week overall
jmcfar_98
AG
gougler08 said:

This has not been a good week overall
You can say that again. Very ugly. Hopefully next week is better.
ProgN
Quote:

CDC says most of the patients suffering from vaping-related lung disease had used THC-based products
Today 1:43 PM ET (MarketWatch)
Print

Most of the patients who have been struck down by a severe lung illness that appears to be related to vaping had used products containing THC, the active ingredient in cannabis that produces a "high," the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Friday. The CDC said data on 771 of the 805 cases that have been reported showed that 77% said they had used THC products, while 36% reported exclusive use of THC products. About 57% said they had used nicotine-containing products with 16% saying they had used exclusively nicotine-containing products. About 69% of those providing data were male, and 62% were 18 to 34 years old. Just 16% of patients were younger than 18. All have a history of e-cigarette use or vaping. "The specific chemical exposure(s) causing lung injuries associated with e-cigarette product use, or vaping, remains unknown at this time," said the agency. "No single product or substance has been linked to all lung injury cases." The CDC is recommending that consumers refrain from vaping for now, particularly of THC-based products or any oil-based products from the black market. There have been 12 confirmed deaths from the disease so far. The outbreak has weighed heavily on shares of vape makers, with Greenlane Holdings (GNLN) down 45% on the month.
IrishTxAggie
AG
EMR 11/15 67.5c seeing a lot of action about 7 minutes ago
Brewmaster
AG
Yeah I added CURLF in the wife's acct, figures it wasn't done dropping, grrr!
E
AG
Glad I bought some NIO $1 puts earlier this week when they cancelled their earnings CC. Offset some of the losses I've incurred with them.
jmcfar_98
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Made a quick $1,000 (50%) on those calls. Thanks for the post.
khaos288
AG
Crap. I told myself I wasn't going to make any plays today
IrishTxAggie
AG
I know a lot of you are in RIG, so you may want to take this into account for the future. The 5/20 puts at $5 and $4 have been very active today
gougler08
AG
Might as well just close the gap today and rip the bandaid
Brewmaster
AG
khkman22 said:

Closed out my ROKU $90 puts. Did a little better than break even after being down 40% two days ago. Didn't really want to hold over the weekend and it's at the end of the suggested selling date range based on Tastywork's strategies.
Appears headed for 80's... I'm not entering these waters yet.
CheladaAg
AG
SPX hit the 50 DMA and bounced. If it goes back and breaches that level, bears take over. Hope it holds above into close.
gougler08
AG
BREwmaster said:

khkman22 said:

Closed out my ROKU $90 puts. Did a little better than break even after being down 40% two days ago. Didn't really want to hold over the weekend and it's at the end of the suggested selling date range based on Tastywork's strategies.
What technicals do you look at to get 80s (more for my learning)?
george1992
BREwmaster said:

khkman22 said:

khaos288
AG
I'm just starting to read the technical training book from op.

Do we think ostk May do a quad bottom test here and then find some support back up?

ProgN
OSTK is a different animal with the buyout rumors and the spinoff dividend. It trades off emotion and rumors, not sure if standard technical analysis will be applicable with it. JMO
khaos288
AG
Makes sense. I'll look at stuff more stable to analyze

For PDD calls, what do you do on days like this? Just hold and wait it out, see if you can recoup on an upswing?
IrishTxAggie
AG
No retaliatory comments from China over the weekend. We should be good to go this morning.

Edit:
Wanted to add that China is starting it's national holiday and the entire country is basically shutdown. The Shanghai Exchange cis closed Oct. 1-7th I believe. Don't hold me to the exact dates, but I know it is five business days that it will be closed. Could be in for a decent week and we shouldn't have bad news coming out of China.

Keep an eye on Hong Kong this week. I am very impressed that Xi has held his hand as long as he has. With the holiday upon us, I could see him saying he's had enough. Lots of traveling is going on right now in Asia and the last thing he wants is another airport incident.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

No retaliatory comments from China over the weekend. We should be good to go this morning.

Correct but watch today closely. It's the last day of the qtr and Markets don't like October all that much. I'm 50% in cash and might increase that today just as a precaution. Good luck to all.
AgShaun00
AG
Crap. What happened at the end of last week?

I was in DC last week "lobbying" for S Corp ESOPs. What a crap show that was last week. I heard speeches from both D and Rs. It was weird, because they never mentioned the word impeachment. Crazy stuff last week.

What are the plays? Is PDD still a buy?
E
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Thanks for the EMR mention!

I was a little late to the party, but looking like I will double my 10/11 $67 calls and 30%+ on 11/15 $67.5 calls (will hold on to those for a little longer)
jtmoney03
AG
Friday was rumors the US was going to cut the Chinese stocks off the US markets. Tanked all the Chinese stocks...BABA, NTES, etc. A LOT of money was made buying weekly puts on those stocks as soon as the rumor floated out.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Today the WH came out and said they're not going to. Most of the Chinese stocks are getting back what was trimmed on Friday
jtmoney03
AG
Yep, noticed that this morning, too. Calls are pretty pricey to gain back, so there won't be as much opportunity today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
$1.75MM between 3 orders just came through on BMY for the 6/20 60s. They paid $1
gougler08
AG
I'm just going to pretend my NIO investment didn't happen
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm looking at buying $2 calls for January

Edit:
Jumped in on this at .23
IrishTxAggie
AG
A bit of money coming in on ITM calls for TLRY

10/18 $23s. About $400K over the last 7 minutes. Paying around $2.43
SECAg13
AG
OSTK has got to find some lower resistance eventually right?
ProgN
CYBR is starting to look ripe for call positions in Jan/Feb.
gougler08
AG
SECAg13 said:

OSTK has got to find some lower resistance eventually right?
It's in a dreaded h, wouldn't be surprised for it to test that 9 support line sometime soon (assuming it trades technically and not like it has in the past)
E
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Edit:
Jumped in on this at .23
I'm torn on this one as I have a bunch of those $5 1/21 leaps. Can't decide if I want to hold on to them hoping there is a reversal next year, or dumping them and taking the $1K loss now.

I bought some $1 2/20 puts early last week when they cancelled the CC and am up big right now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
E said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Edit:
Jumped in on this at .23
I'm torn on this one as I have a bunch of those $5 1/21 leaps. Can't decide if I want to hold on to them hoping there is a reversal next year, or dumping them and taking the $1K loss now.

I bought some $1 2/20 puts early last week when they cancelled the CC and am up big right now.
There's been a little bit of money on the 1/22 $1 calls today. Can use that as an idea of the possible sentiment. I'm going to hold mine because at this point what's another $1500 loss when I'm down ~3K on calls with 16 months to go.
E
AG
Nice, this was what I was thinking. I'll hold onto my 1/21 calls as I can't lose too much more on them, they have a while to figure it out.
Brewmaster
AG
Yep, $9 this week at this rate.. tough to go up when its being naked shorted into the ground.
Some positive catalysts incoming, will believe it when I see it.
First Page Last Page
Page 763 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.