Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,383 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by jagvocate
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TEUM just keeps dropping... this thing looks like it'll be under $1 in no time
HoustonAg_2009
OA - Interested in your HEAR suggestion.....Long term or short term play?
gougler08
AG
X with the potential reversal? May be time to get out of the puts that I had net free...
WestTexAg12
AG
Here goes AMD. My calls are up 75% now.

ETA: sold half at 100%
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
gougler08
AG
MU with the bullish harami forming going in to earnings this week...could be a good call option if you like to play earnings
khaos288
AG
Ostk crashes again. Remembered to set a stop this time
ProgN
If SQ loses $55 I think it takes out its 52 wk low, JMO.
khaos288
AG
Time to buy up more JD? At a 7 day low, but could fall more to get to a 30 day low
gougler08
AG
Bleh on OSTK and NIO
Bird Poo
AG
khaos288 said:

When do I jump in for the first time? Down 21% today.
Brewmaster
AG
PearlJammin said:

khaos288 said:

When do I jump in for the first time? Down 21% today.
plenty of purchases around 11.50's, but IF you jump in, set tight stops. This is ridiculous.
Idk3
AG
Prognightmare said:

If SQ loses $55 I think it takes out its 52 wk low, JMO.
Well this would suck, but I see it. Not sure if to cut and run or hold on for the long term.
oldarmy1
AG
Remember I posted I was done with OSTK unless it hits $10.50 area. Getting close and that would only be a short term dead cat bounce trade.
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Remember I posted I was done with OSTK unless it hits $10.50 area. Getting close and that would only be a short term dead cat bounce trade.

What kind of stop do you play on that?
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

That's my problem I thought you said you were in it and forget it aka like you weren't worried about this volatility that long term it be good one. Sold at $12 took a 25% hit ouch
oldarmy1
AG
khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

What kind of stop do you play on that?
$10
gougler08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

That's my problem I thought you said you were in it and forget it aka like you weren't worried about this volatility that long term it be good one. Sold at $12 took a 25% hit ouch
I'll hold for a bit and see what happens before taking a bath on this one, but today is sure a kick in the nuts
khaos288
AG
My two worst trading days ever back to back. That was an expensive lesson.

Will only buy back into ostk at 10.5 with a 10 stop. Bb options up, amd options up. Still down almost 6% on the entire portfolio today
george1992
gougler08 said:

I'll hold for a bit and see what happens before taking a bath on this one, but today is sure a kick in the nuts
The only stock I have sitting on my screen without an unrealized loss at the moment is MDR. And its a very small position. It seems like every single day my net liquidation value has taken a dive south over the last several weeks - after being up > 60% I'm now down 4% for the year. Lets just say momentum stocks made me and lost me a lot of money in 2019. I'm sticking with them for now hoping to finish the year on an up note. A lack of a clear vision, discipline and large doses of stupidity got me where I am right now. Here are my current holdings in my trading account (doesn't really tell you where I've been but more of where I'm at):

CWEB - down 6%
FSLY - down 6%
MDR - up 10%
OSTK - down 29%
ROKU - down 16%
SFIX - down 3%
SHOP - down 11%
TTD - down 8%

jm94
AG
^ I could have written that post. I'm down 30% in the last two months after a good Q2.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

My two worst trading days ever back to back. That was an expensive lesson.

I'm with you both... about to go buy a rent house, lol, kidding!
La Bamba
AG
How are we liking ZS here? Is it worth nibbling and buying some more on this dip? Or wait until a more solid base is formed?
ProgN
That's a question for OA, he's watching that one closely.
Brewmaster
AG

Roku drop to 80's?? why? this is insanity. Luckily I had stops on this one. Bought Friday and already stopped out today just a couple bucks cheaper. If you are long in it, set tight stops! This week could continue to be rough. The CEO could fart in public and it'll drop $10.

How are they not worth 170+? and companies like Wayfair and Netflix are 125 and 300 and they are losing money! ??? This is nuts. Whatever the powers that be on the Street want, they get. Crazy times.
docaggie
AG
ROKU needs some news or event to restart upward momentum.
Right now it's up almost a buck and a half in after hours trading, so maybe there's hope.
I have to think once it starts up it shoots like a rocket with people piling in again to ride it up.

Thoughts and prayers to those playing in the OSTK sandbox. I got stopped out twice in one day and couldn't risk going in again, not until my pattern day trading thing clears in my RH account.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
ROKU negativity should subside with time and I agree when it turns buyers will pounce.
ryanhnc10
AG
This stock was at $27 within the past year. Stuff doesn't just go straight up without correcting every now and then
GreasenUSA
AG
Quote:

How are they not worth 170+? and companies like Wayfair and Netflix are 125 and 300 and they are losing money! ??? This is nuts. Whatever the powers that be on the Street want, they get. Crazy times.
Huh?

ROKU is sitting at a market cap of 13B
W - 11B
NFLX - 116B

Why are you trying to compare price per share of unrelated companies with wildly varying share structures?
george1992
Its the old apples to watermelons comparison covered in Finance 301.
Brewmaster
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Huh?

ROKU is sitting at a market cap of 13B
W - 11B
NFLX - 116B

Just pointing out companies that are bleeding money yet have crazy pps ( inflated market caps if you ask me)...and ROKU on the other hand makes money. I have no position, just find it quite odd.
Brewmaster
AG
george1992 said:

Its the old apples to watermelons comparison covered in Finance 301.
You win internet tough guy cheers.
gougler08
AG
NIO down big after cancelling its earnings call, yay stocks
evan_aggie
AG
I check this thread often. Can't say I dabble much, or at all, in puts and shorts. I do chuckle that 95% of posts center around... 10, 20 stocks at most.

And the posts are so frantic that I doubt anyone could easily recap the good vs bad decisions made. Good on those for admitting a run of tough days though. It's rare we admit or divulge the negative as much as we tout the positive.

E
AG
gougler08 said:

NIO down big after cancelling its earnings call, yay stocks

Time to hit eject on this one
UpstateAg
AG
I think most people on here have diversified accounts, and there is a small percentage allotted for trading. I have a small part of my overall accounts for trading, and end up only up 5%. But that's ok because I haven't blown my account up, I learn a lot, and my research on my long term buys have been really good. So my failures the last month were:
A couple weekly JD calls that were pennies
A couple roku calls that ended up being a 200 dollar loss
Wins:
ZS swing
DBX swing
GE buy after hit piece and then selling calls

Did you attend RRHS in early 2000's and play trombone?
First Page Last Page
Page 756 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.