Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,966,141 Views | 223993 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by BlueTaze
BenRev09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
had noticed all the OSTK options on Robinhood are showing as 0.01, guessing they're off the board bc of this news. It's what the stocktwits have been clamoring for, hopefully pushes the stock above recent resistance
JobSecurity
AG
It's halted

Supposed to resume at 1130
leoj
AG
Wow. Has anyone also figured out what the dividend issue means for shorts exactly?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Market seems to really like him leaving.
leoj
AG
Resumed, already hitting $23
Agswinning
I sold OSTK last week at $20. Oh well..
leoj
AG
Large volume of calls in JD, Jan 2020 at $40 and $45
Brewmaster
AG
JimSA said:

buy back in, this is just the beginning. 30 is around the corner as the shorts are going to get SQUEEEEZED!

Big props to OA - I charted this this week and noticed it going into a tighter and tighter Ascending Triangle (in the book!). I was thinking today or tomorrow it would bounce up, Big news made it sooner!
BenRev09
AG
resistance become support at 20.40?
TheBiggerEvent
AG
WORK up 5% earlier but now down 2%
WestTexAg12
AG
BREwmaster said:

JimSA said:

buy back in, this is just the beginning. 30 is around the corner as the shorts are going to get SQUEEEEZED!

Big props to OA - I charted this this week and noticed it going into a tighter and tighter Ascending Triangle (in the book!). I was thinking today or tomorrow it would bounce up, Big news made it sooner!

Looks like it's in the model T right now, correct?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
aggiehunter3
AG
TheBiggerEvent said:

WORK up 5% earlier but now down 2%

Yeah....I missed that move. I was looking to dump my SEPT calls, which are now down significantly.
Colt98
AG
Would now be a good time to sell sept 25 c on fsly?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Someone is bullish on FB to finish out the week.

ProgN
Colt98 said:

Would now be a good time to sell sept 25 c on fsly?
Maybe, evidently Motley Fool had a good article on it this morning but I don't subscribe to them.
leoj
AG
leoj said:

Anyone watching HRL? Just beat earnings and could take out $42.5 resistance? Also curious if that is a darvis box or a wedge, going back to about June 1st.

Taking off now
pacecar02
lol, I get stuck in a meeting and then lunch and OSTK comes back after the ceo resigns making good on those 20 dollar calls this week!!

nice
Brewmaster
AG
forgive my ignorance, I've seen model T here mentioned a lot and have tried to find it (in the book and online) and nada. Can someone explain?

but yes OSTK has a ridiculous amount of shorts trapped now, going to rocket up in the squeeze

Sept. 23rd digital dividend + massive squeeze + sale of retail... $30 Sept calls anyone? ha!
ProgN
Brewmaster
AG

JobSecurity
AG
It's not a formal term, just something OA calls it and the board has adopted

Basically it's just that on a large movement there will be a mean reversion, often to around 50% of the move.
leoj
AG
Quote:

$SUM - nice move higher these last few days.

Shares trading above resistance with bullish positioning in open interest, especially in the September $20 calls & Jan 2020 $20 calls.

@smartmoneyact
leoj
AG
FSLY up 17% today. I think some on here were holding or had calls?
UpstateAg
AG
Just want to thank JD for dumping today after I sold calls ITM yesterday for a tidy premium. You are the reason I love trading...
leoj
AG
Markets dropping, I believe on news that EU could slap unilateral tariffs on US tech companies
leoj
AG
And CRM killed their earnings, up 7% ah. Some people are going to make some nice money on some options bought for Aug 23 at the $150 and $155 strikes
diablo loco
The TRNX board over at Stocktwits is entertaining. I've never seen so many ticked off investors.
JobSecurity
AG
As a follow up to my earlier explanation, here's a pic. This is OSTK 5 min after trading resumed this afternoon. There was a huge spike and it settled into approximately the 50% point of the move

leoj
AG
On a side note, how did you post the screenshot from your phone?
oldarmy1
AG
Look to close out YETI $30 calls today. Possibly as early as opening "pop".
tailgatetimer10
AG
Use imgr to quickly upload your image. Post the link here
oldarmy1
AG
Isn't that truly incredible how often the Model T plays out?
ProgN
Quote:

U.S. stock futures move off highs as Global Times editor tweets about China countermeasures
Today 6:45 AM ET (MarketWatch)
Print

U.S. stock futures moved off their highs of the day as the editor-in-chief of the Global Times, Hu Xijin,tweeted that China will take further countermeasures () in response to U.S. tariffs on $300 billion of goods. "Beijing will soon unveil a plan of imposing retaliatory tariffs on certain U.S. products. China has ammunition to fight back. The US side will feel the pain," he wrote. S&P 500 futures, which were as high as 2,936.50, rose 6.30 points, or 0.22%, to 2,928.60.
ETA: This will make the markets nervous.
oldarmy1
AG
Few Growth Opportunities Are Better Than Yeti https://seekingalpha.com/article/4287512-growth-opportunities-better-yeti
oldarmy1
AG
Might also be closing AAPL calls today also.
First Page Last Page
Page 714 of 6400

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.