Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,063,587 Views | 224398 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by EliteZags
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10/18
george_92
Ragoo said:

deadbq03 said:

Very good insight. I'm convinced that public O&G investing is only a good option at this time for those looking for income from a reliable dividend. Maybe even on the PE side. I work at a PE that is doing quite well for over a decade and has been unable to find a buyer for the big flip. This year I think the board has given up on that dream and decided to shift focus, get cash flow positive (which we're still in good shape to do), and issue dividends.
maybe an mlp, but certainly not an E&P. Not much growth opportunity.
One place that is pretty good right now in the energy space is company's that only own mineral interests. These have been beaten down much like the rest of the sector but they always make money and don't share in any of the operating costs. One that I like a lot is BSM. If you look at the large shareholders you will see some really good entities that own large chunks of this. The main thing here is the yield which is currently at 10.68%. Distributions are paid out quarterly. There is some upside potential but you won't aren't going to double your money here but its not out of the norm to have some 20% swings in the price.

Another one, that I don't like as much, but own is the mineral trust PRT. Its relatively new and I"m not sure what to think of it yet. This one pays out monthly and currently is yielding 12.43% since the stock price has been hammered like everything else.

What I do on these is use margin which I pay a rate of approximately 3.63% at IBKR and with a yield of 10%, I'm making 6.37% on the yield alone.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Anyone playing DOCU as it comes off the lower line of this declining channel (daily) - now at top of smaller declining channel however? I'd like some follow through.
oldarmy1
AG
Surely we'll close this gap open even if it turns out to be a big rally day. Too easy to create some short term momentum down and get recent buyers to join in. I'd look for momentum on a gap fill and enter some share on any flash from fill.
Aggie_2463
AG
COOP - $9.30
IrishTxAggie
AG
FB is pissing me off... I went back to the well and got $185 weeklys on Wednesday afternoon and it ain't doing *****
ProgN
The market seems heavy.
59 South
AG
JD breaking out. Needs to get over 31.
Ragoo
AG
Someone push NFLX over 300 please
jmcfar_98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

What's everyone thinking on DE? Beat and lower guidance?
Looking good.
Aggie_2463
AG
RIG - $4.01.... Let's get to that $4.20 for a trade Prog!
ProgN
Market spiked hard, any news? I can't find anything.
59 South
AG
These NIO weeklies gonna get ITM?
Aggie_2463
AG
went ahead and took profits on COOP and HEAR. Not real sure what this market is going to do, so trying to get in / out on some stuff quickly with some of my funds.
59 South
AG
JD past 31, could see 32 today

News out about a joint venture. On mobile so can't post link.
JobSecurity
AG
MIME popped above descending wedge upper trend line. If we can get some volume that could be a good play for the Sept calls
ProgN
59 South said:

JD past 31, could see 32 today

News out about a joint venture. On mobile so can't post link.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3492609-jd-com-joint-venture-mulls-500m-u-s-ipo-report
Quote:

JD.com joint venture mulls $500M U.S. IPO - report
Aug. 16, 2019 10:25 AM ET|About: JD.com, Inc. (JD)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor
A JD.com (NASDAQ:JD) online supermarket joint venture is talking with bankers over raising $500M in a U.S. initial public offering, The Information reports.

JD shares have moved up 3.1% today.

Dada-JD Daojia (10% owned by Walmart (NYSE:WMT)) is having the discussions exploring a listing next May, according to the report.

The JV had earlier sold its China-based online store to JD.com.
pacecar02
is everyone out of WPM?

It's gone down ever since I got in, it goes down when the market goes down, goes down when the market goes up....its consistent at least
no sig
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

bought the 295c weekly for $5.01 when the stock was 299.50 so basically $0.50 above intrinsic value. Sold here a few minutes ago. At $7.60.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

bought the 295c weekly for $5.01 when the stock was 299.50 so basically $0.50 above intrinsic value. Sold here a few minutes ago. At $7.60.
Aggie_2463
AG
RIG - up 7.5% to $4.15......
Ag13
AG
Any thoughts on MNRL?
claym711
AG
Over 2893 area, gap fill is in play.
59 South
AG
They're gonna pin NIO at 3.00 aren't they?
59 South
AG
claym711 said:

Over 2893 area, gap fill is in play.

What gap? I'm not seeing any above.
pacecar02
59 South said:

no sig
59 South
AG
pacecar02 said:

59 South said:

Technical says it should bounce to 3.10. I bet it will stick at 3.00 today and then explode to 3.20 Monday.
george_92
Ag13 said:

Any thoughts on MNRL?
Its a fairly new company and I don't know much about it.

Another great option, but the yield is much lower, is VNOM. They are a drop down from FANG and they also are extremely active with mineral acquisitions - thus causing the yield to be somewhat lower right now. Really nice properties all in Permian and they have huge upside potential without again sharing in the operating costs or overhead of a well which is what you get with working interest investments (which are the devil for investors).

Also like the midstream started by FANG this year - RTLR. It has a lot of upside potential as long and FANG doesn't find a way to move too much overhead to it. What makes this one different than the others is its water business which is huge in the Permian right now. We will see but this would be a great long position IMO.
claym711
AG
2925 gap left on Wednesday
Andy07
AG
Anyone buy puts on GE yet over this whistleblower?

pfo
AG
Thank you very much for the BSM and PRT ideas. I bought minerals for my own company for decades but stopped a few years ago when the big Wall Street money starting prospecting in my areas and inflated prices and caused me to lose several deals to them. It's a lot of work to find good minerals at a good price only to lose the deal in the end to somebody playing with somebody else's money.

I'll look into these two stocks. Thanks again for your post.
59 South
AG
claym711 said:

2925 gap left on Wednesday

Gotcha. I tend to only pay attention to gaps on the daily.
UpstateAg
AG
You're a bit too late for that reporter
Brewmaster
AG
Andy07 said:

Anyone buy puts on GE yet over this whistleblower?

No, but I just read that big money is in on GE...they probably got in this morning before it flew up 10%. I wouldn't touch it now.
Andy07
AG
Fully aware, but wanted to generate some discussion especially with GE bouncing back today up 9%
First Page Last Page
Page 708 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.