Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,023,992 Views | 224213 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by ProgN
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
in on some 291 spy puts for Monday
no sig
gougler08
AG
Well at least there wasn't a hanging man technical
Ragoo
AG
Sold my spy calls. Should have sold yesterday. Still made 35% and no risk going into Monday.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm going to start buying some names with a portion of my trading profits. The prices of some of these are ridiculous.
Just give me a name other than WLL, lol. Fortunately I cut my losses before it got a lot worse. Currently at $9! crazy cheap.
Brewmaster
AG
Cannabis has taken a beatting -- CURLF is cheap right now - 6.95 at close (wait until next week and it may come down more). They report earnings August 29th.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ACB $7 1/21 are $1.20
jmcfar_98
AG
BREwmaster said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm going to start buying some names with a portion of my trading profits. The prices of some of these are ridiculous.
Just give me a name other than WLL, lol. Fortunately I cut my losses before it got a lot worse. Currently at $9! crazy cheap.

CRC.
badharambe
AG
A lot of companies have had great earnings. Curlf could only be negative due to weird / unexpected news about their recent grassroots m&a imo.
badharambe
AG
I hope you cashed in greatly!

My spy puts covered my ostk losses. So I'm not too bitter :<
ProgN

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/transocean-rig-technical-update-2019-08-05?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
Quote:

Aug 05, 2019 (Stock Traders Daily via COMTEX) -- The Transocean RIG, -5.46% update and the technical summary table below can help you manage risk and optimize returns. We have day, swing, and longer-term trading plans for RIG, and 1300 other stocks too, updated in real time for our trial subscribers. The data below is a snapshot, but updates are available now.

Technical Summary

The Technical Summary and Trading Plans for RIG help you determine where to buy, sell, and set risk controls. The data is best used in conjunction with our Market Analysis and Stock Correlation Filters too, because those help us go with the flow of the market as well. Going with the flow is extremely important, so review our Market Analysis with this RIG Report.

The technical summary data tells us to buy RIG near 4.34 with an upside target of 6.31. This data also tells us to set a stop loss @ 4.08 to protect against excessive loss in case the stock begins to move against the trade. 4.34 is the first level of support below 4.95 , and by rule, any test of support is a buy signal. In this case, support 4.34 would be being tested, so a buy signal would exist.

The technical summary data is suggesting a short of RIG as it gets near 6.31 with a downside target of 4.34. We should have a stop loss in place at 6.57 though. 6.31 is the first level of resistance above 4.95, and by rule, any test of resistance is a short signal. In this case, if resistance 6.31 is being tested, so a short signal would exist.
Good morning fam,

With RIG essentially trading like an option, I'll be looking at this trade this week. I know the board likes low priced stocks and wanted to share it with you all.

Gig'em and good luck
diablo loco
Thanks. I've owned RIG in the past. Also eyeing SWN this coming week.
CheladaAg
AG
China's next trade tit-for-tat move will be oil imports from US. Look for prices to move even lower in coming weeks.
ProgN
I'm not investing in it, I'm looking to trade it. Buy a few 1000 shares and trade it is what I'm targeting.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I understand your point, but I don't think China CAN do that one.
CheladaAg
AG
Gotcha. Definitely could get volatile this week.
ProgN
If I get a $ .50 move on the stock I'll sell out of it and book the profit. It pulls back, I'll ride it again.
ProgN
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/patterson-uti-energy-pten-technical-update-2019-08-05?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
Quote:

Aug 05, 2019 (Stock Traders Daily via COMTEX) -- The Patterson-uti Energy PTEN, -5.95% update and the technical summary table below can help you manage risk and optimize returns. We have day, swing, and longer-term trading plans for PTEN, and 1300 other stocks too, updated in real time for our trial subscribers. The data below is a snapshot, but updates are available now.

The Technical Summary and Trading Plans for PTEN help you determine where to buy, sell, and set risk controls. The data is best used in conjunction with our Market Analysis and Stock Correlation Filters too, because those help us go with the flow of the market as well. Going with the flow is extremely important, so review our Market Analysis with this PTEN Report.

The technical summary data tells us to buy PTEN near 8.61 with an upside target of 11.77. This data also tells us to set a stop loss @ 8.35 to protect against excessive loss in case the stock begins to move against the trade. 8.61 is the first level of support below 10.03 , and by rule, any test of support is a buy signal. In this case, support 8.61 would be being tested, so a buy signal would exist.

The technical summary data is suggesting a short of PTEN as it gets near 11.77 with a downside target of 8.61. We should have a stop loss in place at 12.03 though. 11.77 is the first level of resistance above 10.03, and by rule, any test of resistance is a short signal. In this case, if resistance 11.77 is being tested, so a short signal would exist.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
boyz05 said:

China's next trade tit-for-tat move will be oil imports from US. Look for prices to move even lower in coming weeks.

That already happened a year ago.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MTTEXCH1&f=M

I don't expect a huge impact to the oil industry from anything China does to the US. However if China's economy drops further it will impact oil prices which would hurt oil companies or at least offset upward pressure on prices from Iran.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Futures aren't pretty so far this morning. Down 23.5. Might be some good weekly opportunities today.
ProgN
China cancelled all flights out of Hong Kong and now they're using the word "terrorism" to describe the protestors. Their military will make a move if these protests continue.
diablo loco
on second thought, I'm going to stay the hell away from o&g for a while and watch. ugly.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Futures aren't pretty so far this morning. Down 23.5. Might be some good weekly opportunities today.

I guess it's going in the right direction, only down 17 now
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU got a rocket up it's ass premarket. Up almost 3% on Needham's upgrade to $150.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

ROKU got a rocket up it's ass premarket. Up almost 3% on Needham's upgrade to $150.

My worst no trade so far...was trying to let it get down to $35 a while back (got to $36) and never executed my buys
ProgN
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

My worst no trade so far...was trying to let it get down to $35 a while back (got to $36) and never executed my buys
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3490539-roku-gets-street-high-target
Quote:

Needham pushes Roku's (NASDAQ:ROKU) target from $120 to $150 and affirms it as the firm's top mid-cap pick for 2019.

Analyst Laura Martin cites ROKU's "dominant" market position, comparing the company to YouTube's position for user-generated content. Martin says the "value proposition to advertisers is growing."

Needham maintains a Buy rating. Roku has an Outperform average Sell Side rating.

ROKU shares are up 0.2% pre-market to $125.56.
gougler08
AG
Basically, I've made money off it with puts and calls, but the long term hold sure would have been nice
ProgN
You, me, Irish and Ragoo have been on this board awhile now, so I'm just ribbing a brother.

ETA: FWIW I think it will pullback to $110-113 when all the excitement dies down
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

You, me, Irish and Ragoo have been on this board awhile now, so I'm just ribbing a brother.

ETA: FWIW I think it will pullback to $110-113 when all the excitement dies down
Hopefully this week...
ProgN
It was down over a dollar PM until the upgrade hit the wires.
IrishTxAggie
AG
FB $190 weeklys will be on my radar again this week. Want to see how the market settles after the first 30mins though.
Ragoo
AG
I am out of ROKU. I sold some covered calls with the premium into earnings. Missed some of this run up but if just feels over bought right now. Probably a mistake but oh well.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU is ****ed. Cramer just put in a Buy on it.
oldarmy1
AG
Look at the HEAR insider buys above the current price.

Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Look at the HEAR insider buys above the current price.

So you're saying buy
First Page Last Page
Page 696 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.