Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,242,825 Views | 225115 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by ProgN
EnronAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mega cap earnings gonna blow up some bears this week...
PeekingDuck
AG
I just don't see a huge drop with real inflation being what it is. What's the catalyst?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Kinda leaning that way as well.

SMCI probably in the best position to rocket if we do, but I'm not brave enough for that right now.
******* it.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Kinda leaning that way as well.

SMCI probably in the best position to rocket if we do, but I'm not brave enough for that right now.
******* it.
You should look into $ARM, it will catch that wave and is more affordable.
ProgN
EnronAg said:

mega cap earnings gonna blow up some bears this week...
I think anticipation into their earnings will squeeze the bears but that's not what they're banking on. Forward guidance is the bear's bet. They'll stomach some pain but they're banking on conservative forward guidance which should pressure the mega caps.

NFLX type of follow through is what they expect. NFLX crushed earnings and subs, but cloudy forward got it crushed. Mega caps will have to crush all metrics imo.
Heineken-Ashi
Exited half of my CLSK position and sold calls on the other half. Miners are at a significant resistance level. Can definitely shoot up higher, but given my preference for one more move down, I'm sticking to my plan.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
McInnis 03
AG
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
$U well into the buy range after a couple ugly weeks. May grab some for fun
Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

I'm about 50 of the 28's between all my accounts, but it isn't just us unless we have some huge players lurking around. Volume is still coming in. This morning when I priced out expirations and strikes looking for $30 min SLV target and $40 max upon expiration, $28's had the best max potential with the highest min potential. People who know how to price options probably saw the same thing.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
ProgN
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

$U well into the buy range after a couple ugly weeks. May grab some for fun
$U did enter my $22ish buy range that I've recently posted as my target range, but I'm not pulling the trigger though. They report earnings on 5/9 and if they stub their toe, then I'll get it in the $18 range. Just FYI and full disclosure on my part.
Philip J Fry
AG
Are we all bullish now?
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Ok fam, we'll need a secret handshake for OGs if invaded by Twits because our secret is out.
Heineken-Ashi
I actually like U May calls - looking for $27-$30. I like $50 for later this year, but the path it takes and timing is more difficult. Shares are the buy for that move as your stop is so clearly defined right now.

But for calls for earnings, I'm eyeing May 10 $24's for a min gain of 2x and max gain of 3x. MACD isn't lifting yet on daily, so I'm going to watch a little longer as one more little squiggle lower could be a magnet.

Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry said:

Are we all bullish now?
I need IWM above $201 without testing $195 again to even start leaning bullish. Even still, $204 would have to be taken out pretty impulsively to get me off the fence.

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

I actually like U May calls - looking for $27-$30. I like $50 for later this year, but the path it takes and timing is more difficult. Shares are the buy for that move as your stop is so clearly defined right now.

But for calls for earnings, I'm eyeing May 10 $24's for a min gain of 2x and max gain of 3x. MACD isn't lifting yet on daily, so I'm going to watch a little longer as one more little squiggle lower could be a magnet.
Be cognizant that they're still not profitable yet. Stocks that aren't profitable and use debt at higher rates get punished in this current environment of the Fed cuts in doubt. They're going to have to uber crush expectations and guidance and I'm not confident that they will. I'd rather buy it at a higher price if they do, but it's not worth the risk to play their earnings for me. I will buy it in the teens post earnings though. JMO
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Be cognizant that they're still not profitable yet. Stocks that aren't profitable and use debt at higher rates get punished in this current environment of the Fed cuts in doubt. They're going to have to uber crush expectations and guidance and I'm not confident that they will. I'd rather buy it at a higher price if they do, but it's not worth the risk to play their earnings for me. I will buy it in the teens post earnings though. JMO
NFLX sold because it was overbought. Everyone trying to rationalize about shaky guidance (it was actually bullish guidance) or because they said they would stop reporting user growth a year from now (lol, seriously, that was their reason). Neither mattered. The fact was that they were far overbought and sentiment needed a reset.

U is oversold right into a significant support area. Earnings will act as nothing more than a catalyst for the next move. Sure, it could be down, but it's already been beaten to hell more than any fundamentals say it should have. Next move wants to be up. Last May earnings were a beat in a similar interest rate outlook and after initially selling from $32 to $26, price went to $50 before the next earnings.

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

NFLX sold because it was overbought. Everyone trying to rationalize about shaky guidance (it was actually bullish guidance) or because they said they would stop reporting user growth a year from now (lol, seriously, that was their reason). Neither mattered. The fact was that they were far overbought and sentiment needed a reset.

U is oversold right into a significant support area. Earnings will act as nothing more than a catalyst for the next move. Sure, it could be down, but it's already been beaten to hell more than any fundamentals say it should have. Next move wants to be up. Last May earnings were a beat in a similar interest rate outlook and after initially selling from $32 to $26, price went to $50 before the next earnings.
That's what makes the market such an amazing place. Everyone sees different opportunities and no one knows the future. Obviously, we both like the stock, we just see different scenarios that might unfold. The funny part is that we'll probably both be wrong, LOL. The market has an uncanny ability to humble us when we "just know" what's going to happen.
CC09LawAg
CC09LawAg said:

I have been accumulating NextNav, Inc. (NN) since August '22. It just broke through its previous high (in September '23) since it had cratered back in '22.

Can anyone smarter than me give me a long term outlook on this stock? It is 3D navigating/GPS technology which I think is going to be pretty integral to a lot of things as we move towards more VR and things of that nature.

I am expecting a pullback, but I was hoping someone with more experience could take a look and see something maybe I am not seeing.

Full disclosure: I have sold some covered calls for 4/19/24 and I am trying to decide which way the wind is going to blow.
Well, I was way wrong on this and it just keeps climbing.

Still have some covered calls left and made money so I won't complain, but definitely left a ton of money on the table as this one keeps climbing.

But, if I can still make a profit while I'm learning the game I won't complain too much.
Heineken-Ashi

EliteZags
AG

and herrrre we go

nortex97
AG
Boeing, Ford, Meta, ATT, and a smattering of others tomorrow I am…not thinking those go real well.
BlueTaze
BA calls a couple months out could be a good swing trade here at major support in $165 range. If it holds, would target a 50% retracement above $200 to exit.
McInnis 03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm about 50 of the 28's between all my accounts, but it isn't just us unless we have some huge players lurking around. Volume is still coming in. This morning when I priced out expirations and strikes looking for $30 min SLV target and $40 max upon expiration, $28's had the best max potential with the highest min potential. People who know how to price options probably saw the same thing.
Yeah, there's 76K contracts on the 28C and 60K contracts crossed today on the Sept 30C.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Had a small +3.8% profit on LUV, exited in AH and rotated into NVDA, TQQQ, SSO, and GOOGL.
An excellent move so far.
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

McInnis 03 said:

Yeah, there's 76K contracts on the 28C and 60K contracts crossed today on the Sept 30C.
Even the May $26s are getting hit.
Spoony Love
AG
Ford could dump today after Tesla earnings, if Tesla says the wrong things
Heineken-Ashi
Just a heads up to you renewed bulls. This has been my base expectation for IWM. Today questioned it a little and I had to adjust the channel. Notice the mid channel line being used as support and resistance. Until resistance is taken out, I'm still expecting this. Not saying I'm going to be right, but just showing you what the bear path for another move down might look like. And with the 10yr hitting support today, VXX and VIX failing into support zones, today and tomorrow's earnings coupled with economic data could be very relevant and critical to determining what's next.

McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

Ford could dump today after Tesla earnings, if Tesla says the wrong things
TSLT (2x long TSLA) 5P for May 17 getting some action at .20
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Spoony Love
AG
Bold move!
Heineken-Ashi
If this hour holds below IWM $199, I'm showing an RSI sell signal on hourly candles.

flashplayer
AG
Any thoughts on MARA other than should have gone in $5 ago?
Heineken-Ashi
flashplayer said:

Any thoughts on MARA other than should have gone in $5 ago?
Yes, but I don't really want to overcomplicate with detailed EW. Just know, it's been very tough to find a reliable count. My base case is mid $20's and then a reversal down to $10-$12.50 range. To get bullish, I need to see it move back up to high in the $33 range. And I would likely start leaning to more immediate bullish around $27-$28 range. But I would expect a retracement after getting back to $33.. thinking $20-$25 range, at which point I would be a buyer for the bull run.

I have very low confidence in any path right now. It simply has to show more to prove it's intent. Long story short, I'm waiting to see if it can break $25 look impulsive doing so. If it can't I'm leaning bearish. I am not playing downside if it comes, just simply waiting for target zone entry.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TSLA beat I take it.
El_duderino
It missed on both I thought. Not sure on guidance though
First Page Last Page
Page 6411 of 6432

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.