Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,984,514 Views | 231561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bmoochie said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

MillerLite92 said:

HA - don't know if I've missed it, but is the target for HRMY still $38-40?
I had moved my stop up and got stopped out a while back. Draw a trendline of recent lows on daily candles (Dec and Mar lows). You don't want to see it break below that. And yes, I'd be looking for $37-$41.

Guna go on a little tangent on this but I think this is a good example of everyone needs to do their own research. I like Heineken and have met him In person. Great dude and wants to help people learn. Much smarter than me. But sometimes I feel he speaks in absolutes. and nothing in the market is absolute. Everyone need to have discipline and use all of this as educational commentary.

I think Heineken would agree with this. Make sure you have a plan before entering any play.

Heineken I hope you don't take this as bashing or a slight but it's just been an observation over the last month or so.
All good man. I can't hand hold. And plenty of plays I post don't work out. I try to provide broad outlines, but every minute of market action can move the goalposts on a trade. I aim for high reward and low risk. The winners will overcome the losers. I have a day job and many many things that pull my attention at random times, so it's hard to follow up on every single thing. Anyone here is always welcome to ask for updates to things I've posted about.

And you're pretty swell yourself.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

Ok, got a trade opportunity. Risk will be premium paid. I am not saying it's likely, but if IWM is to show one more move up, this could pay very well.

Eyeing the IWM April 17th $209 calls. Ideal entry would be IWM $204.50, but it might not come back down to there. $205.50 is the highest I would go to engage these. The calls should be around $1.50-$2.00 a piece there. The target is IWM $215-$215.50, which would pay around $4-$5 per contract or around 300-350% total return.

Watching closely.
This one did not come into ideal entry zone unfortunately. We rarely get the gentlemen's entry. Looks like some negative divergence on small candles so let's see if they can bring it back down and how it looks.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
spud1910
AG
I took a small portion at $1.97
Heineken-Ashi
spud1910 said:

I took a small portion at $1.97
Ok, I'll keep tracking then. We're looking for February type action. It had two robust up swings followed by two selloffs. Ignore the selloffs. We're just looking for the up. The move up in March and selloff into April looks VERY similar to what we got starting Jan 17 through early Feb. So this play was looking for the pop that came after the early Feb bottom. And if it happens, it's likely a finality move off the January low with potential for very strong reversal. Use $207 as support.

Heineken-Ashi
Saw this somewhere else.. VXX June 21 $54's. Somebody has been hammering it every day. 9k open interest. Either a really cheap hedge by a whale or somebody knows something.

bmoochie
AG
What's the difference between that and VIX? I've always played VIX (shoutout FJ)
Number Monkey
AG
I upped my stop on NKLA and got stopped out with the decline this week. Seems to be back on it's way up again. Is it worth a re-entry given your initial target of $1.50? Enjoyed the gain I made, but having some FOMO now...
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

NKLA, really want to see it hold $0.85 and then go get $1.50. Below $0.85 and I lose confidence on shorter term bullish outlook to $3.50-$4.00.

Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

What's the difference between that and VIX? I've always played VIX (shoutout FJ)

Quote:

The ETN offers exposure to futures contracts of specified maturities on the VIX index and not direct exposure to the VIX index or its spot level. The index is designed to provide investors with exposure to one or more maturities of futures contracts on the CBOE Volatility Index.
VIX moves up and down depending on suppression or extremes in SPX options pricing volatility.

VXX is constantly decaying as it provides exposure to a series of perpetually rolling VIX futures contracts. Long term, you can't gain anything from looking at VXX due to the decay. But short term, you get a much clearer picture of the swings up and down.

When VIX spikes, VXX really spikes. But you have to catch it correctly, or the decay will destroy you.

Heineken-Ashi
SLV - Don't try and time a perfect entry. I doubt it happens. The next accumulation zone is $22-$24.50. Just layer in. We're gearing up for the move above $30 and I'm expecting it between end of May and August. Ultimate target later this year or into 2025 is potentially $40, and if metals really go boom boom, who knows where it can go.

Can also use that zone as a range to add to the September $26 calls. Might even initiate some Nov/Dec/Jan $30 calls.

bmoochie
FishrCoAg
AG
Went net free on my Sept. 25 calls. Will add some back if we get any pullback. Thank you!
McInnis 03
AG
So I jumped into Ripsters service to see how he does it......there are at least 400 ppl on currently.

This is to say he's clearing $50k per month in his trading room subscriptions.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something just happen?
McInnis 03
AG
Fed member kashkari talked
EnronAg
AG
McInnis 03 said:

dang, did he mention more rate hikes?
Heineken-Ashi
Just bought IWM 4/12 $210 calls. Risky.

Petrino1
McInnis 03 said:

Heineken-Ashi
Just so yall know, IWM hit the 50% retrace of yesterday's move.

Ragoo
AG
Love selling puts too early
ProgN
Petrino1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Inflation looks like it will go higher if you look at fuel costs and shipping rates.
Heineken-Ashi
Now it's busting through. Might get my ideal entry for calls. Will wait for confirmation of bounce. Below $205 and I start get squeamish on trying for $215.

EnronAg
AG
if markets don't recover from this wobble, we got ourselves a good ol' fashion outside bar day...
spud1910
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Now it's busting through. Might get my ideal entry for calls. Will wait for confirmation of bounce. Below $205 and I start get squeamish on trying for $215.
IWM?
flashplayer
AG
My watchlist looks like a bloodbath today.
Heineken-Ashi
spud1910 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

IWM?
Yes. Just bought a batch of 4/12 $211's.

Premium paid is stop. All or nothing.

bhanacik
AG
In with you; bought 4/12 - $210's
bhanacik
AG
and now it's tanking
lol
Heineken-Ashi
Starting to worry me.

Heineken-Ashi
$204.45 is line in the sand where I bail.

EnronAg
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Starting to worry me.
a manipulated goldilocks job report tomorrow will save you...
flashplayer
AG
Maybe a little but the red days are getting redder lately and the green days aren't very dark green anymore when they happen.
Heineken-Ashi
Grabbed some IWM May 3 puts in case this thing tanks. It's been in topping mode for a while. Was hoping for one more push up, but if we don't get it, I want to have some exposure looking down.

Also, this is still fairly normal for recent days. Sell off and let futures pull it back up. If futures tonight dont print much green, things might get dicey.

Heineken-Ashi
I know I said premium paid is stop, but I'm bailing on IWM calls. Don't like this one bit and has gotten far too low for my setup to be reliable. Could still hit $215, but I just don't have confidence and am worried about major market top.

Should have waited for confirmation of a bounce. Got greedy with the great pricing. Why you always wait for confirmation. Gambling otherwise.

Heineken-Ashi
If SPX holds here, we have a flat top triangle. These usually don't end up working out for higher, but something to watch. Below the trendline 3/26 at 5200 area, Tuesday at 5184, and today, and could be an uh-oh.

First Page Last Page
Page 6385 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.