Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,994,529 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by EliteZags
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This slow ride up on CXM has been stress free. December earnings report was good. Management projected slower growth in 2024 and it got hammered. It's hardly had a down week in 3 months. Next earnings report is in about 3 weeks.

Edit: Here is Hein's original post on it.
https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2721405/replies/66615790
agdaddy04
AG
Sorry, Google.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Sorry, Google.
Sorry for thinking you were referring to SMCI.

GOOG's issues are self-inflicted. They were one of the first touting the potential of AI and committing money to it's development (so they said), years before your average person thought of "The Matrix" when they heard 'AI'. Now it seems that they're late to the party and their woke Gemini was an embarrassing disaster. It generated black nazis when asked for nazi soldiers from WW2, Black, Hispanic, Indian founding fathers, and a woman POC for an example of the Pope. Generative AI is also formidable threat to their dominance as THE search engine, which will also decrease daily traffic, which will be reflected by lost ad revenue and companies not paying for appearing at the top of search results. They're not going out of business, but odds are that AI will have a significant negative effect to their bottom line. It gets below $100, I'll buy it but if their stock is weak in this insane market, try to imagine how much their stock price will get punished in a correction.
agdaddy04
AG
Thanks, that's why I sold out of it. Just frustrated with myself for letting it sit so long. Oh well.
GreasenUSA
AG

When you're forward testing a new trading system since December, and you want to get data on the best take profit/stop loss fit in a declining market, but can only get a max 2.5% pullback for nearly half a year.

ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Thanks, that's why I sold out of it. Just frustrated with myself for letting it sit so long. Oh well.
Did you sell at a profit? If so, don't dwell on it and if you took a small loss, then don't buy it, or it's options, for 31 days and use the loss to offset gains come tax season. We all have trades we've made that we regret but dwelling on them will drive you insane. We make decisions in real time that we think is prudent. Don't let regret consume you or you'll go mad. If was consumed by regret, then SMCI and POWL would've made me commit seppuku in January .
TheVarian
AG
You cant fall in love with the hope or the desire to make big bucks on these trades unless you're tradings thousands or tens of thousands of shares.

Profit is profit though. I'm with you in that I have some heartburn and regret on some of the trades I have done recently but at the end of the day I didn't lose.

You have to crawl before you walk, walk before you run, etc.

Keep your head up and don't regret making money

agdaddy04
AG
Slight loss. In my IRA though.
valvemonkey91
AG
I'm sitting on 1500 share of Targa (TRGP) with a DCA of around $17. Closed today at $104 and change.
I have 112 shares TSLA at cost of $140ish. (My only AI exposure).
Also have some AMZN where I'm up 40%.

Want to sell 500 hares of TRGP and possibly some others to get in on the AI plays.

How would you fellas go about this and what/how would you buy?
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Slight loss. In my IRA though.
Keep your powder dry and be patient.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
EnronAg said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Not trying to keep this political pundit going, so I'll pull this favorite quote from Charlie Munger… you are all smart fellas, so sooner or later you'll see that I'm right.

If the dems had their shat together, they could be a force to reckon with how y'all are playing out. Cause you are bringing really valid points.

But the dems have as much infighting as the republicans. They just keep it behind closed doors.

They've pissed their progressive liberal voters off with the whole Gaza situation. Many of these stand behind the "free Palestine" BS. So many of these voters are turning against Joe because he supports/supported Israel.

They've flooded the country with illegal immigrants. Ruined sanctuary cities. Pissed off African Americans voters who see those same illegals get put up in the local YMCA and remove a community center for those low income neighborhoods.

NYC's idiotic rent controlled apartment 2019 mandate has brought many banks in that region to their knees as they suffocate the cash flows of those apartments under the increased expenses.

Not to mention the whole Ukraine situation and the potential for Putin or Xi to kick off another major global conflict. That's gonna cause some real turmoil when they funding for underwater basket weaving gets turned off because they need to redeploy the funds to building more carriers and weapon systems that protect their right to ***** with the women over the wine while more Texas Aggies die behind the line.

It's like watching a slow motion train wreck and they are all gonna stand there in November with shocked pikachu faces when they see the results and it's a very clear middle finger from those voters who they've pissed off and turned away. Just like in 2016, you'll see all the yellow jacket, Madonna-esque woman genital wearing vagrants screaming as they realize they've again lost because they are tone deaf to the actual needs of their voters.

Y'all gotta keep the faith that we can see this thru so our kids can prosper.

you will not be right in Nov, my friend...but if for some 0.00001% you are, I'll gladly buy you a scotch/bourbon of your choice...but it doesn't matter who they piss off anymore...they control the vote counts...we had a good run, but we are now a banana republic...

My go-to is Basil Hayden's
ProgN
valvemonkey91 said:

I'm sitting on 1500 share of Targa (TRGP) with a DCA of around $17. Closed today at $104 and change.

Want to sell 500 hares of TRGP and possibly some others to get in on the AI plays.

Sell, sit in cash and wait. The market is over extended so this is when you sell and buy when it rolls over.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Heineken-Ashi
VIX and VXX flagging on the hourly before close today. Might we get a little pop in the morning?
Ragoo
AG
ProgN said:

valvemonkey91 said:

Sell, sit in cash and wait. The market is over extended so this is when you sell and buy when it rolls over.

keep the trgp, there is reason for the move and it isn't commodity pricing. Also just announced a dividend raise.
agdaddy04
AG
At this point do you even sell a long term hold like TTD?
Brewmaster
AG
yeah for me GOOGL is just a short term swing. It looks like bottoming here and there is support and a trend line near here. I'm also following big flow (but just with shares). There are also a few gaps it's created over the last couple weeks on the way down, the highest one is 151. A tight stop of 5% is 127 and below this trend line.

Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

VIX and VXX flagging on the hourly before close today. Might we get a little pop in the morning?
Potential breakdown there. Algos got schizo with reports this morning.
EnronAg
AG
racing to more ATH this morning after the jobs report...gonna be another up week...this run just won't stop...
Heineken-Ashi
agdaddy04 said:

At this point do you even sell a long term hold like TTD?
I've got support at $78. Stay above that and I like it to go higher with next target $100-$105.
Heineken-Ashi
As a reminder, BTFP closes up early next week. No more free "loophole" liquidity for banks.
MRB10
AG
Will banks be able to effectively recreate BTFP by accessing the discount window? I don't know how they differ other than the latter has a negative stigma.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Bonfire.1996
Pepper Brooks said:

Will banks be able to effectively recreate BTFP by accessing the discount window? I don't know how they differ other than the latter has a negative stigma.
Yes and no. They will get it from the Federal Home Loan Bank, not the discount window, but it will cost a market rate, 5.3% for short term, and slightly less for longer term.

The main problem is many banks are already accessing those sources and their deposit situations are getting worse.
Bonfire.1996
The government can't lie forever.

Last three months job gains according to BLS: up 524,000

Last three months job losses according to Household survey: down 898,000

Delta of 1.42 million
texagbeliever
Bonfire.1996 said:

Delta of 1.42 million
criminal. Worst part is we all know our congress critters will have a heads up before that truth is announced.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU breaking resistance...
Heineken-Ashi
Guys, IWM is acting like something that went too far too fast. That's what happens when you get choppy upward action following a deep correction which it had in January. I'd be careful here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA rocket
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I see it more as the AI rally broadening. It's just starting to catch up to the rest of the market, imo.
Bonfire.1996
Bonfire.1996 said:

Delta of 1.42 million
I have a Wall Street economist on speed dial with my job at my bank. I sent him my note.

His response: (paraphrased) We are curious too. Some on the team have been telling us that illegals getting jobs will make the non farm report, since it's comprised of employers, but won't make the household survey that's comprised of employees. It's a theory beginning to take root.

My comment: So the great replacement isn't a conspiracy after all.
EnronAg
AG
goodness...it looks like we are getting 5,200 on this jobs report...kinda stupid to me, but donkey wants to keep runnin'
Number Monkey
AG
I'm up about 38% on TRGP since mid 2023 and have some CD funds that just matured. You think it's worth increasing my position and my basis? Had always regretted not putting more into it.
Gigemags382
AG
Nvidia rapidly closing in on Apple market cap. Amazing.
Aglaw97
AG
Bonfire.1996 said:

Bonfire.1996 said:

Delta of 1.42 million
I have a Wall Street economist on speed dial with my job at my bank. I sent him my note.

His response: (paraphrased) We are curious too. Some on the team have been telling us that illegals getting jobs will make the non farm report, since it's comprised of employers, but won't make the household survey that's comprised of employees. It's a theory beginning to take root.

My comment: So the great replacement isn't a conspiracy after all.
I just keep wondering when the masses realize the emperor isn't wearing clothes, including his lack of liquidity coverings, and everyone runs for the hills.
jamey
AG
Bonfire.1996 said:

Delta of 1.42 million

Isn't that why the markets are going up

Rate cuts seem assured by mid year
First Page Last Page
Page 6355 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.