Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,984,592 Views | 224113 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gary Johnson said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Just wait until the fed loads up with regulations on cryptocurrency and starts nailing skins to the wall for tax evasion.

How'd your Bitcoin short go when it was $5,400?

Quote:

Short Bitcoin

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2914353/9
GJ, why troll this thread, really? It's cool with me on forum 16 but here we're all on the side of offering advice and making money. You know I'm very opinionated on 16, but here, I couldn't tell you about anyone's views except for a few. We just like sharing advice to help each other out. Please provide opinions on securities to trade or financially benefit from, a lot of good advice is shared on this thread. Just my 2 sense. You're better than this man.

Gig'em
Gary Johnson
Quote:

It's cool with me on forum 16 but here we're all on the side of offering advice and making money

Your point is valid. A poster who is clearly bitter and biased against crypto offered advice. I simply put it in perspective highlighting his track record.
ProgN
Quote:

Nvidia, AMD Stocks Rise After Wedbush Comes Out Bullish -- MarketWatch
8:17 am ET June 27, 2019 (MarketWatch)
Print
Shares of Nvidia Corp. (NVDA) and Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) are up more than 1% in premarket trading Thursday after Wedbush initiated coverage of the chip names at outperform. "While we aren't forecasting a rebound in cryptocurrency-related demand (though recent rising prices certainly create the potential for a bounce in mining builds), we do believe that inventories of gaming GPUs have largely normalized (in-line with the slight rebound in NVDA gaming sales last quarter)," analyst Matthew Bryson wrote in his Nvidia initiation note. On AMD, Bryson expects the company's "reemergence" in CPUs and even GPUs to drive a major shift in the PC and data-center markets going forward. "Specifically, we believe AMD's early adoption of a distributed 'chiplet' architecture combined with a shift to leading edge geometries positions the company to take meaningful share from Intel," he wrote. Nvidia shares have gained 19% so far this year, while AMD's stock has risen 62% and the S&P 500 has climbed 16%.
Colt98
AG
Bro, Cut it out, that's not what we do on this thread. Start your own thread about bitcoin if you want to bash the dude for making a bad trade. It's your tone.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Is this why you're rooting so hard against bitcoin?

Quote:

I've bought and sold some coins before, but I see this heading back down to $3K before it gets back to $10K.

Ummmm... Considering I was right when I posted that and bitcoin went to ~$3100...I feel just fine with what I said.

Look at the price in Dec. 18.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Gary Johnson said:

Is this why you're rooting so hard against bitcoin?

Quote:

I've bought and sold some coins before, but I see this heading back down to $3K before it gets back to $10K.

Ummmm... Considering I was right when I posted that and bitcoin went to ~$3100...I feel just fine with what I said.

Look at the price in Dec. 18.
Whoops
oldarmy1
AG
My disdain for analyst continues. What tools. And this forum understands that under $46 would be a MODEL T from its move as of today. If it continues then that would adjust accordingly.

oldarmy1
AG
Come on OSTK. Let's get nuts!
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

My disdain for analyst continues. What tools. And this forum understands that under $46 would be a MODEL T from its move as of today. If it continues then that would adjust accordingly.

I'll let it come down a bit today with the underperform news and then sell some short term puts to pocket premium or take it as a medium hold
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Can you outline the Model T?
I can understand it in practice by not quite getting what to look for technically.

I take it INTC should end up around 51ish? from the recent bounces at 59 and 42?
oldarmy1
AG
After GOLD's big move I dumped shares Tuesday and entered $15 Puts out to July 19. We have quite the gap back down at $14.55 and it hit $15.13 yesterday before a short squeeze intraday tactic shooting it back up but couldn't regain any momentum, failing to challenge even the meaty part of the previous 2 day. At any rate, I think it gives more opening to enter the Put's on the cheap if a quick squeeze repeats. And if it hits $16.25 exit.
oldarmy1
AG
Model T is simply a 50% retracement technical that plays out after significant moves END. We don't know if INTC move has ended and coming off a bottom it likely has not. But whenever it finally does lose its previous trend up low, signifying a pullback then do some quick math by adding the top and bottom (lows where the run began) - divide by 2 and that number becomes entry when crossed below. Hope for a rubberband good dip below it for maximum joy.
oldarmy1
AG
JD up at upper mid resistance. Darvis Box retreat or continuation to challenge the major $31.50 area resistance?

I sold cover calls yesterday. A little early but close to current value so who cares. I'd rather be safe on shares protection and then go calls on technical breakout.

And just saw this....

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/06/27/3-stocks-poised-for-huge-growth-over-the-next-deca.aspx
tailgatetimer10
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

It's cool with me on forum 16 but here we're all on the side of offering advice and making money

Your point is valid. A poster who is clearly bitter and biased against crypto offered advice. I simply put it in perspective highlighting his track record.

There's a way to be critical but helpful, which many on this thread have been able to demonstrate...

But the poster in question did state a bearish statement before it's downside...
59 South
AG
Shout out to Irish for those weekly DIS 140 calls entered at 138. I should've listened!
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK has volume people.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OSTK has volume people.
Yesterday's volume was crazy
mrad85
AG
What the hell, I'm in
EngrAg14
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

There's a way to be critical but helpful, which many on this thread have been able to demonstrate...

But the poster in question did state a bearish statement before it's downside...

If anything he called it almost perfectly...

IrishTxAggie said:

Literally 2 post below that one about shorting it.
spud1910
AG
Me too.
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1
AG
mrad85 said:

What the hell, I'm in
Whole lotta shakin' going on
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
OA,

Are you playing the H&S break in ALGN?
gougler08
AG
MU going again
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

OA,

Are you playing the H&S break in ALGN?
Was eyeing a July 19 spread on it. $300's against $235's for equivalent $1.35 area each. Wither way it breaks should get you $7+

CORRECTED!!!! $235's not close to the money $260's! Sheesh I'm moving too quick. I bought the calls and am waiting to see $268 to enter the Puts
AgShaun00
AG
buying stocks or options on ostk?
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK...you ain't foolin nobody. Over 10 million shares last Thursday green candle on average buys followed by 14 million shares on average buys yesterday. You guys think that kind of money is taking a couple of bucks profit???
TheBiggerEvent
AG
RUN ostk!
oldarmy1
AG
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
diablo loco
ostk has some wings. damn. Let's party.
Unofficial_Ag
OSTK LETS GO
TheBiggerEvent
AG
have a weekly $12 call on OSTK expiring tomorrow - relatively new to the game here so probably stupid question- do i hold until expiration and execute or sell the call at the higher price?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
What premium did you pay for each contract, and do you want to own the shares?
oldarmy1
AG
Wanting to sell $17.50 covered calls at $1 if we can get there.
oldarmy1
AG
TheBiggerEvent said:

have a weekly $12 call on OSTK expiring tomorrow - relatively new to the game here so probably stupid question- do i hold until expiration and execute or sell the call at the higher price?
How much did you pay per contract?
First Page Last Page
Page 615 of 6404

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.