Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,978,047 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3855C is super lotto. Low probability but if it works it will work big.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We will find out which way in about 60 seconds.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
No action. It will probably close up.
Boy Named Sue
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

My limit price just missed as it shot up, dammit.

Great call
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Hope TIC TOC TIC got his short on..
Spoony Love
AG

Just wow. Doubt it closes here though.
I stand corrected. It did not close down there. That's why your words carry weight here. Thanks for all the guidance and help you put on this board.

That goes for the rest of you too. This thread makes trading a little bit more exciting.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
E mini closed at 3897.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

My limit price just missed as it shot up, dammit.

Great call

For posterity and anybody reading later, when 30K posted this contracts were $2.65. I put a limit order in at $2.85, but was too slow. It touched $9 a few minutes later.
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

FJ, one for you.

Got an email notice on this hat. I opened it 1 hour and 37 minutes after receiving it. Basically sold out by the time I opened. Called the company. They said my size, 7-1/8, sold out in 13 minutes. Only had 10.

https://stetson.com/products/the-last-drop-100x-hat?utm_source=promo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230310_STE_The_Last_Drop&_kx=criei_TkLX0YsKnQCd7S6AtZNvuvE-5ZkjUwGppgZa8%3D.RZMa7X

That's a beautiful hat. I texted a friend of mine to see if I could get you one in your size. He's a VP at HATCO which owns Stetson. He couldn't even get himself one as they were made specifically for Stetson NY location.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

E mini closed at 3897.

We'll see if Tic is right.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FTAG 2000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Black Monday inbound.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

FJ, one for you.

Got an email notice on this hat. I opened it 1 hour and 37 minutes after receiving it. Basically sold out by the time I opened. Called the company. They said my size, 7-1/8, sold out in 13 minutes. Only had 10.

https://stetson.com/products/the-last-drop-100x-hat?utm_source=promo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230310_STE_The_Last_Drop&_kx=criei_TkLX0YsKnQCd7S6AtZNvuvE-5ZkjUwGppgZa8%3D.RZMa7X

That's a beautiful hat. I texted a friend of mine to see if I could get you one in your size. He's a VP at HATCO which owns Stetson. He couldn't even get himself one as they were made specifically for Stetson NY location.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
How freaked out is everybody right now in regards to the bank situation from a macro perspective?
Many thanks!
Definitely Not A Cop said:

How freaked out is everybody right now in regards to the bank situation from a macro perspective?
Not even on my radar. Further supporting "not even on my radar", Market Watch published an article with click bait headline naming 20 other banks with potential issues. Progressive Liberal website (but I like the navigation there) articles are full blown garbage, IMO. Just rhetoric to get folks feeling anxious.

Should the market want to push lower:
One of my posts sometime back,...if we retest those June 2022 and September 2022 lows...S&P 3,600 down to 3,500....it's an attractive buy. I'm not seeing 3,200 at all.
Dan Scott
AG
SPY popped $1 in last 15 minute on Friday afternoon.
Ag CPA
AG
I promise you a significant number of investors shorted JPM today because of this tweet.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thanks. Like everything with the internet, wasnt sure how much was chicken littling, and how much was Nostradamus.
Ag CPA
AG
Jeez, a quarter of Roku's cash is(was) at SVB. Wonder what other public companies have exposure.
M4 Benelli
I overzealously bought up a crap ton of SBNY and PACW today. Need to take a chance at shooting some 3 pointers. Blood in the streets, bleh bleh bleh.

Right now my port looks like an overturned canoe.
Dan Scott
AG
Dan Scott said:

SPY popped $1 in last 15 minute on Friday afternoon.

Appears it was on the META news of more layoffs. Up 2% afterhours
ProgN
M4 Benelli said:

I overzealously bought up a crap ton of SBNY and PACW today. Need to take a chance at shooting some 3 pointers. Blood in the streets, bleh bleh bleh.

Right now my port looks like an overturned canoe.
https://www.cnn.com/markets/fear-and-greed
Dies Irae
Bonfire1996 said:

Bro. Prior to Barack Hussein O, the most we've ever paid in interest expense on the federal debt is $400 billion a year, across all debt instruments. It gradually increases through Trump to $600 Billion, again, across all instruments.

Have you ever seen a logarithmic increase to a curve? Because 2022 to now is straight up with an increasing slope. We will be at $1.5 trillion in interest payments soon if the FED bluff doesn't get called. All the "we can't afford it" chants were political cannon fodder till now. We have to sell a full trillion dollars of new debt every year just to pay interest on old debt. That doesn't work.

It's going back down to zero because it has to

This is accurate. All the "we can pay the interest on the Debt easily" assumed rock bottom interest rates. JPow saw the print this morning and if he continues the way he's been he should shove another 500 basis points down the market's throat.

He's either going to be killed by the administration, the printer is going to overheat, or he'll capitulate and drop the rates.
ProgN
Bonfire1996
AG
Dang.
Heineken-Ashi
Dies Irae said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Bro. Prior to Barack Hussein O, the most we've ever paid in interest expense on the federal debt is $400 billion a year, across all debt instruments. It gradually increases through Trump to $600 Billion, again, across all instruments.

Have you ever seen a logarithmic increase to a curve? Because 2022 to now is straight up with an increasing slope. We will be at $1.5 trillion in interest payments soon if the FED bluff doesn't get called. All the "we can't afford it" chants were political cannon fodder till now. We have to sell a full trillion dollars of new debt every year just to pay interest on old debt. That doesn't work.

It's going back down to zero because it has to

This is accurate. All the "we can pay the interest on the Debt easily" assumed rock bottom interest rates. JPow saw the print this morning and if he continues the way he's been he should shove another 500 basis points down the market's throat.

He's either going to be killed by the administration, the printer is going to overheat, or he'll capitulate and drop the rates.
Wrong. The FED doesn't have to worry about default because they can print money. So when they go this big in the hole, they pivot to showing the regular losses as cumulative losses. And that hole they dig becomes an asset on their balance sheet. They just keep showing it as cumulative until they eventually dig out of it.

This isn't to say they will stay like this forever. But they aren't at all pressured by the interest payments. Not this soon. Maybe in a year or two.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
MRB10
AG
If only there was something the fed can't manipulate, has a fixed supply, and is really easy to exchange peer to peer…
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
lobwedgephil

E mini closed at 3897.
Still very little traded on that contract, will change next week.
ProgN
lobwedgephil
Prog, this is Fintwit fear. Fed meeting is normal, regularly scheduled board meeting. Every time we have major selling, twitter goes crazy on this "emergency" meeting. Fake news,
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't know man, Nazeem seems pretty knowledgeable
ProgN
lobwedgephil said:

Prog, this is Fintwit fear. Fed meeting is normal, regularly scheduled board meeting. Every time we have major selling, twitter goes crazy on this "emergency" meeting. Fake news,
Thanks, I'm not allowed on Twitter anymore so I can't follow different accounts and keep up.
Premium
AG
ProgN said:

lobwedgephil said:

Thanks, I'm not allowed on Twitter anymore so I can't follow different accounts and keep up.
m
You can't figure out how to see what's happening on Twitter
lobwedgephil
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I don't know man, Nazeem seems pretty knowledgeable
Look it up yourself, every board meeting for the Fed for years is "expedited". Same thing happened in Sept, Dec, April, this is not new.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/boardmeetings/meetingdates.htm

First Page Last Page
Page 6018 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.