Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,063 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's really sad. I don't assume the politicians are ignorant enough to not understand that energy production and electricity generation are upfront capital intensive ventures. Even legislation to raise taxes in the future hurts decisions made today. They have to understand this and either don't care or have an agenda. Sorry, this is the wrong thread for a political rant. Related to stocks - I see increased volatility on energy ahead. Energy prices effect most other industries.
techno-ag
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

It's really sad. I don't assume the politicians are ignorant enough to not understand that energy production and electricity generation are upfront capital intensive ventures. Even legislation to raise taxes in the future hurts decisions made today. They have to understand this and either don't care or have an agenda. Sorry, this is the wrong thread for a political rant. Related to stocks - I see increased volatility on energy ahead. Energy prices effect most other industries.
They got punished by the markets when they proposed tax cuts. By their logic they will be rewarded for passing tax increases.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The markets reacted to the prospect of raising rates and curbing handouts. Short-term that hurts the economy, just as we've seen domestically, but long-term it's going to be necessary and will only be worse the longer they kick the can down the road.

Also short-term overall equities market reaction is not the same as specific product price reaction to massively increased taxes on that particular product.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Hourly spy chart looks like a big ol h&s, or perhaps it's flipping the bird. Carrying a 396p into tomorrow

Got an order in premarket to buy shares at 390.01. I kinda hope it doesn't fill because today could be bloody
Edit: it was a 395 i bought for 1.69, canceled the shares order and sold at open for 4.99. Winning!
Golf1
AG
This chart has been holding up well so far
Txducker
AG
Went through all the sector etf's, daily view, Nothing looks like it's gowing up or gaining momentum. 30k mentioned boil and it looks like a rounding bottom, long play. I want to see it hold and close above the 20D sma to continue.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Revisit 392.8 today for a quick model t?
Brewmaster
AG
sold my lotto QQQ puts. bought at .36 yesterday, sold this morning for .80
techno-ag
AG
Jumped into LABU this morning while it's hanging out in the $6 range.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought some LABU. $7 target.
Brewmaster
AG

rounding formation since 10th of November, pretty bearish looking. How about a Q's chart since a lot like to play it...
278, then 273ish then 265.60, ouch!

and I'm not saying you're wrong, there is a gap to fill!

cryption
Picked up a few SQQQ while it's under 47
FTAG 2000
AG
Nice of them to prop NVDA up after those earnings yesterday.

Sure it will drop next week after taking out the weekly puts tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
just beware of it pushing up to fill that gap now., before it continues down
cryption
For sure! I'm using my swing strategy on this so it's just my initial buy, I'll be layering in so if it goes down that's fine with me. I only buy 20% of my plan with my first purchase, and average down if it moves down. Never plant my flag with one buy. I went with shares instead of options, but ultimately by mid December I expect this to be a win - regardless of how many shares I'm holding. I really appreciate the response sir!
techno-ag
AG
UVXY 52wl is 8.71 and it's touching 9.00 this morning. Feels like it hasn't been higher than 10 in forever but it's only been a couple weeks or so. I bet it stays relatively flat through the holidays but of course that opinion is probably worth what you paid for it.
Golf1
AG
Yeah really wanted to see spy up to 394 before I start looking at puts. Noticed spy has a nice round also. Will look at spy or QQQ for puts depending on which one is hitting the top of the rounded arc.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I bought some LABU. $7 target.

Don't let it go red.
Dan Scott
AG
Interesting action in oil. Usually a weaker dollar means higher oil prices, but the dollar is the lowest it's been in a while and oil is near it's recent lows. Might be a sign the economy is starting to feel the pain.
sts7049
AG
today

Txducker
AG
Dan Scott said:

Interesting action in oil. Usually a weaker dollar means higher oil prices, but the dollar is the lowest it's been in a while and oil is near it's recent lows. Might be a sign the economy is starting to feel the pain.
I have been wondering if traders are betting oil goes lower with the weaker economy. Demand may not drop off as much as they think and it may overshoot to the downside. Definitely not my area of expertise and is a good question for Farmer.
Golf1
AG
Going to get a few SPY puts on this push
ProgN
SPY hits 402 today, everyone gets a kiss.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

rounding formation since 10th of November, pretty bearish looking. How about a Q's chart since a lot like to play it...
278, then 273ish then 265.60, ouch!

and I'm not saying you're wrong, there is a gap to fill!

Yo Brew, I'm real proud of you and imma let you finish, but the Model T is the best trading strategy of all time
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Big green candles, any news?
sts7049
AG
Golf1 said:

Going to get a few SPY puts on this push
oops
Golf1
AG
Very small position. Don't mind holding since they expire December 16.
BaylorSpineGuy
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Big green candles, any news?

I didn't get to close my puts I've been holding for 3 days lol.
BaylorSpineGuy
Watch the 3950 back test. If it fails, load up some puts
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, thanks dawg. literally no trades for me today. Just put on some AAPL calls though, following flow and set up. OA is already on it (of course). I was waiting for the flow to hit.
Golf1
AG
I saw Pelosi was speaking and announced she's stepping down. Not sure if more was said or people reacted that way because of it but I thought it was funny of the timing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Spoony Love
AG
Maybe you should try a different pic. This one must not be working.

My dumb choice of the day was choosing 0dte inadvertently when I wanted tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
MOC even at the moment

flipping to buy side as I type this

SPY running

jj9000
AG
Quote:

St. Louis Federal Reserve President James Bullard insisted that rate hikes need to be increased further to reach a "sufficiently restrictive level" to cool inflation.

Bullard, who tends to lean hawkish, suggested the Fed's benchmark rate would need to rise to a 5% to 7% range.
At some point they'll start listening to him.

They should have listened many months ago.

Trade carefully, folks.
First Page Last Page
Page 5837 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.