Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,105,395 Views | 224607 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
moses1084ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Question for posters on this thread - why the focus on options? why not trade with margin? I assume it's the convexity you're targeting? Just curious

IrishTxAggie
AG
Too much uncertainty in the market for now until the Chinese trade deal is figured out. Options limit the overall exposure vs. owning the equity.
Ragoo
AG
moses1084ever said:

Question for posters on this thread - why the focus on options? why not trade with margin? I assume it's the convexity you're targeting? Just curious

iptions are highly leveraged. You can trade an option contract for a couple hundred bucks and it represents 100 shares versus risking the capital to buy the same 100 shares.

Options expire so there is risk there.
oldarmy1
AG
moses1084ever said:

There are times for going all in with your cash with equities, like we did at 2350 S&P. There are times when you use both equity and some form of options hedge/covered call, etc. Then their are uncertain times when a tweet can wreak havoc on your entire world, or the markets are in turmoil when you see a potential bottom but not a classic clear bottom (volume based). In times like right now options are the go-to.

Margin is primarily for the classic entries or for day-traders. Certainly during this type of period day trades can be the rule, but not our bread and butter.

rgag12
AG
Futures up this morning
oldarmy1
AG
rgag12 said:

Futures up this morning

MU up 26 cents. Will it drop to a low below yesterday per full load strategy or no?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

rgag12 said:

Futures up this morning

MU up 26 cents. Will it drop to a low below yesterday per full load strategy or no?

I wouldn't be surprised with a flash down in first 30 min
oldarmy1
AG
If it presses up any more I'll be tempted to sell a portion at the open and wait.
ProgN
AMD up 2.75%, can it breakout today?
EngrAg14
AG
Prognightmare said:

AMD up 2.75%, can it breakout today?
Hopefully it breaks out past 50 because I think it should be higher than that!
EngrAg14
AG
I hope we can reach SPY 287 by Friday and test the highs again next week.
A lot of pushes could be made next week at E3 by big tech/game companies.

As well if oil can get turned around could be a very profitable week.
/crossedfingers #NoTweets
ProgN
WLL started at buy with $25 target price.
rgag12
AG
Friday could be a bit of a hill to climb. The May jobs report is going to come out and it's expected to be tepid.
tramaro1
AG
Sold my weekly AMD calls for 200% ROI and half my 7/5 calls for net free!
Aggie_2463
AG
TEUM down to $3.33
E
AG
NIO, TEUM and everything else red
59 South
AG
Potential daily V in the overall markets. Jumped in the MU calls with OA at .47. Let's ride!
IrishTxAggie
AG
59 South said:

Potential daily V in the overall markets. Jumped in the MU calls with OA at .47. Let's ride!
Which ones?
gougler08
AG
There has to be a bottom somewhere for NIO right? We just had earnings that were above expectations a week ago and then down another 25%
59 South
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

59 South said:

Which ones?

6/21 35
ProgN
gougler08 said:

There has to be a bottom somewhere for NIO right? We just had earnings that were above expectations a week ago and then down another 25%
Watching NIO daily is not going to be good for your health. It will be fine once the Chinese stop being dicks and a trade deal gets done.
ProgN
Quote:

AMD stock gains after Morgan Stanley ends bearish call
9:09 am ET June 6, 2019 (MarketWatch)
Print
Shares of Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) are up 1.3% in premarket trading Thursday after Morgan Stanley's Joseph Moore upgraded the stock to equal-weight from underweight. "While our earnings concerns over the last 12 months have played out and 2H numbers still look high, the table is set well for 2020 and there are positive near-term catalysts," he wrote. "We still think there is too much short-term optimism, but we struggle with catalysts to remain underweight," especially heading into the E3 gaming conference. Moore admitted that "being cautious on the stock has obviously been the wrong call," as AMD shares have risen 88% in the past year, but Moore said he was correct to have expressed concern about "graphics inflation." He raised his target price to $28 from $17 in conjunction with the upgrade. AMD shares are up 60% so far this year, as the S&P 500 has risen 13%.
MS changing from bearish bodes well for the future for AMD.
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

Watching NIO daily is not going to be good for your health. It will be fine once the Chinese stop being dicks and a trade deal gets done.

Agree, leaps out to 2021 are cheap now. Haven't jumped in yet but strongly considering it if it ever sets a base.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm on NIO 1/21 $5 leaps for $.67 ~$1340 to control 2000 shares at $5 was a no brainer.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

I'm on NIO 1/21 $5 leaps for $.67 ~$1340 to control 2000 shares at $5 was a no brainer.
Wasn't there some bigwig at FB or GOOG that bought into NIO that shot it up to 9 awhile back? If so, I'd like to know if they've sold, added more, or holding. That would give you a gauge on their future prospects because those type of people are in the know and aren't in the business of losing money. JMO.
E
AG
Can you purchase leaps on Robinhood? I only see options... or is it the same thing?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Leaps are options with an expiration further out
gougler08
AG
E said:

Can you purchase leaps on Robinhood? I only see options... or is it the same thing?
Leaps are just very long term options (2020 or 2021 expiration dates)
ProgN

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/nio-inc-provides-may-2019-monthly-delivery-update-2019-06-04-5184410?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts

Quote:

• Delivered1,089ES8 vehicles in May 2019
  • Delivered 2,213 ES8 vehicles through first two months of second quarter 2019
  • Cumulative deliveries of ES8 reached17,550
SHANGHAI, China, June 04, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NIO Inc. ("NIO" or the "Company") NIO, -7.24% a pioneer in China's premium electric vehicle market, today provided its May 2019 delivery results.
1,089 ES8s were delivered in May 2019, for a total of 2,213 vehicles delivered through the first two months of second quarter. As of May 31, 2019, aggregate deliveries of the Company's ES8, high-performance premium electric SUV, reached 17,550 total vehicles.
"In light of the challenging macroeconomic and Chinese auto market backdrop, our team has been working to deepen our market penetration and expand our channels. We are pleased with the ES8 sales figures we have seen thus far as the second quarter progresses," said William Li, founder, chairman and chief executive officer of NIO. "With April and May deliveries completed, we now anticipate full second quarter ES8 deliveries to be near the top of, or to exceed, the Company's prior guidance range of 2,800 to 3,200 quarterly deliveries. We are also pleased that ES6, our 5-seater, sporty high-performance premium electric SUV, is on schedule to commence deliveries to users later this month."
NIO ES8 Delivery Volume

Year

End of Month
Dec
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May

Monthly Units ofDelivery

Cumulative Units of Delivery
E
AG
10-4 thanks!

Then I am also got in them yesterday
ProgN
EngrAg14 said:

I hope we can reach SPY 287 by Friday and test the highs again next week.
A lot of pushes could be made next week at E3 by big tech/game companies.

As well if oil can get turned around could be a very profitable week.
/crossedfingers #NoTweets

IrishTxAggie
AG
Why can't he say this **** on weekends when the market isn't open?
ProgN
The markets shaking it off and the Mexico tariffs is a positive for the markets.

Side note: AMD volume is ridiculous today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
The LPSN chart looks like a splat painting.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
V breaking out of the range its been in (D-box) since early April. I'll buy w/ continuation.
First Page Last Page
Page 580 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.