Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,024,076 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
Just Tired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BREwmaster said:

bmoochie said:

Curious if anyone saw this and what it would mean?? What semi company's are based in china that this could be? Or do we think this could be a nothing burger?

this strikes me as a nothing burger. China probably has 2 or 3 for every 1 U.S. engineer working over there that can do just the same job or knows how to. They are masters of copying.

and everything Biden does to China or appears to, is completely calculated and is coordinated with China. They helped put him in office.
Philip J Fry
AG
Weekly pics:

Natural Gas: BOIL or GAZ
DSX
EZPW
BANF
GPK

A couple weeks ago I called FGEN: Here it is now...

Looks like any move upward will try to fill this big gap,

SF2004
AG
Could we get a volatility crushing rally into expiration Friday?

Only to be right back here next week?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Nice!

BOIL if you wait for it to confirm back above the 20-day that should help avoid getting in long and it completing that inverted W and then pushing down further. This might also be a good two tier trade, where you buy in above the 20-day and then leverage in above 200-day, maybe some Dec calls as well.

FGEN I'll wait for it to confirm above the last peaks but looks like a great gap play if it does.
Red Rover
AG
Be careful here folks. This could be one of those bear market gap up rug pulls. I'm not taking any new longs as we reach the 20-ema.
ChemAg15
AG
Market us way up at the open so the bottom should fall out at 9AM. That's how it works, right?
topher06
Out of BAC calls, good luck to all continuing holders.
Spoony Love
AG
If it does, it's a repeat from Friday and I guess trade accordingly
irish pete ag06
AG

Here we are again. Have not closed a day above this pink line since Sep 22...
Quacked
XOM 105c 10/21 held over from friday for a quick 75% this morning.

Good luck, Chucks.
Red Rover
AG
I bought SQQQ here. Stop step at $57.85.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Was busy. Wow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bought Starbucks. Stop opening price.

Low risk, could be high reward
Golf1
AG
NFLX attempting to break out. Earnings are tomorrow so it's a no play for me but anything in the 244s has been a great time to buy puts. Might do a day trade on it if it's starts to look like it wants to let up. Right now it's holding pretty strong though.
CC09LawAg
Set and respected my stops today, 19% profit. If today is the day it skyrockets after a bounce, I will have to live with it!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Just broke HOD. are we going to run now?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You just had to say it.
Brewmaster
AG
lots of room to run though if we do break it

really since January we've been stuck under this trend line...top would be around 405

irish pete ag06
AG
YES...

It feels like we need a 3900 tap or potentially a 4000 tap before the next leg down. If we are going to keep the downward megaphone pattern intact.
topher06
Damn that was quite the bull flag
irish pete ag06
AG
As some of you know. I am now an employee of the financial sector. I have set in on numerous meetings now with big time investment company and insurance folks. The consensus among them is that we end the year down 10%.... So yes they expect a strong finish in Q4.

My peon brain just doesn't see it.

This means we would go all the way up and break above the August 16 high. I just don't see it.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY has basically chopped between 366-368 today. Let's see if it retests 368 and finally pushes through, although that trend line has been pretty strong.

he 5 min could almost be a H&S intraday
Brewmaster
AG
Do they know how to chart? lol, I'm only half joking though.

and congrats on the career change and new gig!
irish pete ag06
AG
Thank you. I am not used to the freedom.

No bells ringing every 45 minutes. No 20 minute lunches. Go to the bathroom whenever I want.

Also (no sweat at JH morning practice, cool down, sweat at 5th period practice, cool down, sweat at after school practice).

It's the little things.
FTAG 2000
AG
Nice and congrats.

For what it's worth, have a neighbor / buddy at Berkshire, we talk regularly over fine adult beverages.

They also foresee a rally into end of the year. His inside baseball is that Dems know they are going to lose the House and possibly Senate in November, and are planning one more big spending bill before end of the year for their Wall Street friends.

HumpitPuryear
AG
Driven by what? Is this a hunch? Throwing darts? Or is there some specific events or fundamentals that justify the forecast?
irish pete ag06
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

Driven by what? Is this a hunch? Throwing darts? Or is there some specific events or fundamentals that justify the forecast?

The only one that has gotten into the grease of it is that post election they expect grid lock government and the markets like that.

Like I said. I don't see it.

Keep in mind these folks are representing investment companies and such. So the markets up make them money. I will say that the one guy who went the most in depth was pretty bleak a year ago according to my co-workers.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
See my post on Page 5747.
GreasenUSA
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

The only one that has gotten into the grease of it is that post election they expect grid lock government and the markets like that.

Keep in mind these folks are representing investment companies and such. So the markets up make them money. I will say that the one guy who went the most in depth was pretty bleak a year ago according to my co-workers.
So they expect the Dems to gridlock themselves during their (possibly) last 2 months in power during the lame duck?
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

CC09LawAg said:

XOM down a little today but seems to not be reacting to the overall downward trend. I'm going to hop back in once I get a little more confirmation it is staying steady.
I think you'll be fine. Monday's always allow XOM traders a buying opportunity in the mornings to sell in the afternoons (should you get nervous).

If you're a CPI player. My old posts reflect that CPI will not/should not see any improvements because of the way it's calculated in YoY fashion. On Oct 13th, the CPI print will replace the Sep 2021 monthly increase of 0.4% and therefore no real help to the market from CPI. However, as we enter the 4th Quarter, the new CPI's will replace, October 2021 = 0.9%; November 2021 = 0.7%; and December 2021 = 0.6%. As these data points roll off, the annualized rate will remain high, but the 6 month annualized rate will be in the area of 2%. The CPI on the 13th "may" allow you a cheaper XOM entrance, but I am not sure about that based on all the other worldly factors. Going back to CPI, after Powell has a couple more rate hikes in 2022,....we roll into 2023 and likely have the Fed revisit their stance because of economic improvement (see my comment on 6 month annualized rate), we should be challenging the S&P 500 ATH by June 2023. Yeah, you can bookmark this. The largest wild card will be Russia/Ukraine and I'm banking on them still in turmoil by the time we reach June 2023.

ETA: Still banging my drum
Farmer's post
irish pete ag06
AG
GreasenUSA said:

irish pete ag06 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

So they expect the Dems to gridlock themselves during their (possibly) last 2 months in power during the lame duck?
Is there where I say the market is forward thinking?
SF2004
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Ask them if we are in a recession. Any other answer than yes and they should be ignored.

Also ask if they agreed with Goldman when they said inflation was a "surprise".
GreasenUSA
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Is there where I say the market is forward thinking?
Good point.
BlueTaze
I'm also seeing lots of experts call a relief rally from 3500. Should hold true as long as Cramer doesn't also jump on board. Would probably be healthy for the continuation of bear marke and also give Dems some relief for midterms.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Low volume. Smells like some institutional short covering to reload higher.
First Page Last Page
Page 5765 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.