Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,032 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by El_duderino
Carioca Corredor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Made 17% on the DNN uptick today. Will add more when it slides back to $1.23-1.25 range. Thanks FJ43
FJ43

SPY scalping.

Watching yellow intraday trendline and red SR (major)

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

topher06
FJ43 said:

SPY scalping.

Watching yellow intraday trendline and red SR (major)

So does it need to break through that yellow intraday trendline to establish a new intraday trendline, or how does it reset the intraday?
FJ43
Rejecting the 398.18 SR so far. Want to see if rejects the yellow intraday downtrend line. If so I scalp short with tight stop. If it's the the red SR major being rejected I rinse and repeat for next week 395P.

For me other than that I sit on hands and let price come to me and determine my trade. No reason to press here.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Queen has died.
wanderer
They either know something OR this could be fuel for a big ol short squeeze if everyone is leaning that bearish.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Queen has died.

Let's see how the market reacts. Lol.
BaylorSpineGuy

He addresses this chart specifically.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
If daniel pops in I'm going full port vxx
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess her death was "priced in".
jj9000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

If daniel pops in I'm going full port vxx
So true.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is there a stock for fancy hats?
topher06
SPY not getting the momentum to get back over 399.50. FJ's levels look correct right now. FJ, reloading puts? I hate betting on don't pass and already did yesterday, but guess we are all mercenaries in the market.

EDIT: Between this and my call regarding puking, I'm on quite the roll. Next prediction: Texas A&M is going to lose all of our remaining football games this year.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
ELI5
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Rejecting the 398.18 SR so far. Want to see if rejects the yellow intraday downtrend line. If so I scalp short with tight stop. If it's the the red SR major being rejected I rinse and repeat for next week 395P.

For me other than that I sit on hands and let price come to me and determine my trade. No reason to press here.
might be game on here soon for shorts. OR not, busted through intraday downtrend.
BaylorSpineGuy
Huh? Not sure I follow?
No worries. I don't understand Cem Karsan's messaging. What's he saying in that tweet?
BourbonAg
AG
Just reading the tweet thread it sounds like he thinks the market is going to keep going down and that the WSB crew is going to follow along with the huge put buying.
AgEng06
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Huh? Not sure I follow?

Explain it
I'm
Five (5)
topher06
BourbonAg said:

Just reading the tweet thread it sounds like he thinks the market is going to keep going down and that the WSB crew is going to follow along with the huge put buying.
Do all these guys with Reddit followers just front run their posts? Seems like the only easier way to trade would be elected a member of Congress.
BourbonAg
AG
Sure seems that way.
topher06
May just squeeze a red day out of this chop yet.
BaylorSpineGuy
He's sometimes difficult to decipher but occasionally he's straightforward and honest.

What I gathered today is that that chart is not entirely accurate. It wasn't adjusted for market growth compared to 2008 (options on SPY at 100 vs options pricing at 400 vs single equities). Most of the chart is single equity positioning. Still, he thinks this is bearish overall and he believes the main period of weakness is Fred options expiration in September (or slightly before if people front run some).

My guess is next week is when the weakness begins. And the week after that will have some nasty follow through.
Thank you!
FJ43
topher06 said:

SPY not getting the momentum to get back over 399.50. FJ's levels look correct right now. FJ, reloading puts? I hate betting on don't pass and already did yesterday, but guess we are all mercenaries in the market.

EDIT: Between this and my call regarding puking, I'm on quite the roll. Next prediction: Texas A&M is going to lose all of our remaining football games this year.
I did two quick scalps while driving but went into the close flat. Both were put scalps on intraday trend lines. Happened quick while driving so couldn't post.

Looks like a decent buy of 1.2M shares on the 1min at 4:11 EST, Powell spoke so we will see what the open brings.

What I am watching overall is the H&S on the daily I posted to fill in...or not. No bias either way.

Just my 2 cents but 406-8 is high side this leg...loses 398ish and we go down again. But that's just a guess looking at charts.

My TV chart but with an iPad and rough SRs. I do my homework at night using TV since so user friendly to get a easy view. This is the chart I have been posting,. The one above is my scalping chart I was using on IBKR but daily view vs 1, 3, 5, 10min, 1 Hr I use scalping.

topher06
FJ43 said:

topher06 said:

I did two quick scalps while driving but went into the close flat. Both were put scalps on intraday trend lines. Happened quick while driving so couldn't post.

Looks like a decent buy of 1.2M shares on the 1min at 4:11 EST, Powell spoke so we will see what the open brings.

What I am watching overall is the H&S on the daily I posted to fill in...or not. No bias either way.

Just my 2 cents but 406-8 is high side this leg...loses 398ish and we go down again. But that's just a guess looking at charts.
Thanks for the analysis. Mostly learning at this point. Ended the day up a bit on options just cause of those put hedges I bought yesterday at close (more on overall stocks, like probably most people). Every time you or OA1 posts a chart, it helps a lot of us suck at this a little less.

I'm not holding any options overnight (except some sold covered calls).
BaylorSpineGuy
High volume bearish abandoned baby pattern on FSLR today. May signify early reversal. If follow through continues , this could be a great Model T candidate. Maybe OA could guide us on how to play this once we know the high is in.

There's been almost 70 pt run without any retracement so this could be a good short/put opportunity.
59 South
AG
Be careful not to put too much into what these fintwit asshats spew - they're all just trying to get followers for the most part to monetize their spewage.

PS: can confirm the queen has died…just taken outside of my local:

FJ43
Very sad. She had seen so much in her lifetime within her country, globally, culturally, etc.

Brewmaster
AG
September usually sees a good dump at some point, you decide if seasonality goes midterm election year or typical seasonality chart:

typical:

midterm year:
FJ43

Don't know about y'all but liking OA's GOLD play.....

BaylorSpineGuy
What strike did you select and what was your avg fill price? Sorry if I missed this before…
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

What strike did you select and what was your avg fill price? Sorry if I missed this before…
Jan 24' 22C @ .91

topher06
FJ43 said:

Don't know about y'all but liking OA's GOLD play.....

On the technicals, it looks appealing. On the fundamentals, they've got some great copper prospect in Pakistan that is still under permitting and then quite a few gold projects in the hopper - don't know much about metals mining though. Need a weaker dollar to really send this thing, but despite the US's best efforts every other country is still out ****-showing us.

I've loaded January 2024 20 LEAPs (up ~10%) and a few January 2023 20's (down like 7%), but I'm in it for at least a month or two while we see that pattern hopefully recover to 17ish+.
First Page Last Page
Page 5679 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.