Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,997,833 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regardless of what AAPL reports, I probably wouldn't be a fresh bull here.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Woof! Roku wtf just happened?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good lord.
Irish 2.0
HoustonAg2014 said:

Just hope 12th Man got the money up front from Mr. Wood...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man, maybe I should cut losses on SQQQ...
gunan01
AG
ROKU down 85% over the last year. Gotta say that decline caught me completely off guard. Between stock and LEAPs that I own, total disaster for me on that one.
WestTexAg12
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Guess I'll just hold it til it goes to $0…

Bought at $200 thinking it had support..

Worst buy I've ever made. POS WWR doesn't make me feel as bad as ROKU does.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
SoTXAg09 said:

Triple_Bagger said:

I wonder why she sold then. She's the best trader of our generation and rarely makes mistakes like this. Maybe a sell the news scenario.

Probably because she realized how bad it looked, especially with other Dems looking to ban trading in congress.
That trading loss was a cursory and gratuitous gesture. The relationships forged(congressional & industry) to get this deal done will be "the gift that keeps on giving"....perks and rewards anyone? (I heard the length of time between a conspiracy becoming reality is around 2 months now. We'll see..)
HoustonAg2014
AG
Honest question for the board. Did people just now start realizing that streaming companies are having a tough time and need to find other ways to monetize or why are all the streaming companies down massively the last 6 months?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
gunan01 said:

ROKU down 85% over the last year. Gotta say that decline caught me completely off guard. Between stock and LEAPs that I own, total disaster for me on that one.
I lost over 50% before cutting losses on that, and still making those up. Utter disaster for me.
WestTexAg12
AG
My AMZN $126 weekly lotto that I bought this morning is gonna be niiiiice tomorrow morning
ryanhnc10
AG
ROKU dragging down TTD as well?
E
AG
TTD

I have some 1/23 $65 calls I need to bail on
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

SoTXAg09 said:

Triple_Bagger said:

I wonder why she sold then. She's the best trader of our generation and rarely makes mistakes like this. Maybe a sell the news scenario.

Probably because she realized how bad it looked, especially with other Dems looking to ban trading in congress.
That trading loss was a cursory and gratuitous gesture. The relationships forged(congressional & industry) to get this deal done will be "the gift that keeps on giving"....perks and rewards anyone? (I heard the length of time between a conspiracy becoming reality is around 2 months now. We'll see..)

Yep… we've made $200 million trading so let's take a few million loss to throw em off the scent.
Lake08
Huge green tomorrow. Shorts will be scrambling.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WestTexAg12 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

Guess I'll just hold it til it goes to $0…

Bought at $200 thinking it had support..

Worst buy I've ever made. POS WWR doesn't make me feel as bad as ROKU does.

Now, now there's no need to be ridiculous!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Lake08 said:

I approve of this message
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The last couple weeks is a good reason to have and follow trading rules. I absolutely don't understand how the price action can be this green and don't get how future upside outweighs the massive future downside.

But I've added to longs as we confirmed above the 50-ema an let those run up, instead of allowing my sentiment to lose me money. I still continue to expect the bottom to fall out, but for now I'm staying long.
topher06
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Regardless of what AAPL reports, I probably wouldn't be a fresh bull here.
I'll get called out of most of my SPY shares. Probably going to sit on the sideline a bit (not entirely, of course, and still heavily exposed in retirement accounts). Eventually the ****show that is our economy has to reflect through in stock prices.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Or it doesn't for a couple years and we later find out some Federal agency was buying index funds or something ridiculous like that. Ask anyone that sat out the last 9 months of 2020 waiting for the price to come back down about the market having to make sense.
Golf1
AG
TSLA was a stock I was kicking myself for selling before earnings...
ROKU is the reason why I will never hold during earnings...
topher06
Damn ROKU got crushed.
Ragoo
AG
I didn't think before but I do think now that roku is a buyout target.
irish pete ag06
AG
That's a good point.
Brewmaster
AG
Lake08 said:

that was the last 24 hours. really need a cool off spot up here. sideways or pullback.

we've officially broken out of the downtrend though, interesting spot we're in.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Ragoo said:

Google finally decided they are not capable of replicating it so they go and buy it. That's probably what happens.
irish pete ag06
AG
This Olivia is really sharp. She's essentially written down my rules better than I can myself.

I've broken this twice in last 2 months and my account is red over that time because of it…

Good advice for my fellow planktons of the thread.
Ragoo
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Ragoo said:

Google finally decided they are not capable of replicating it so they go and buy it. That's probably what happens.
i think the market is or has changed enough that this isn't a stand alone company. It fits better as a division of a larger enterprise.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Played tiny... snagged a 303P on QQQ early in the day. Sold half at 100% rode the other down to about a 400% victory. Was probably the most stress free trading day I've just about ever had.

Just base hits you moron, it's that simple.

At Jamaica Beach RV Resort. Made 2 scalps. One laying down relaxing and one on the crapper. In and out. Best way for me.

Still at the red neck haven of Jamaica Beaxh RV Resort.

Played a QQQ call early and cut it for loss. Flipped to puts after a retest of former support and made it back plus some.
I'm proud today of not holding that first play too long and then averaging down, etc. I made a semi-decisive cut and moved on.

3 green in a row.

+0.84% on the day.

4 in a row, scalped a slight pullback inside of 1 5 minute candles early in AM. 4 green in a row.

5 green in a row. +2.11% realized on the day.

Swinging VIX calls with a September strike.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If we open tomorrow where we are now, that is a clear time to take profit and wait for a mean reversion. We might see some of these gains go away during the London session. Upward movement without any pullback from here has to be considered a blow off top.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to see how ROKU opens tomorrow, but that's a big gap. I'm going to look for bottoming and then buy some.

They're not going out of business.
Premium
AG

I want to see how ROKU opens tomorrow, but that's a big gap. I'm going to look for bottoming and then buy some.

Probably similar logic people were using to buy back in February / March.

And since 1 year ago:

$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Something everyone should be conscious of is risk to reward.

After ROKU gets through it's "earnings drift", it is going to bottom and will find buyers. They have 60M users and that will continue to grow. ROKU was great to short, but this is likely the end of the easy shorting before it begins approaching value territory. I know a lot of you have lost a lot on this. It just got way over valued.

The same thing applies to the S&P up here. Don't be surprised if there is selling to kick off the day tomorrow.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Premium said:

Probably similar logic people were using to buy back in February / March.

There's a big difference between me and them: I'm not a dumbass that won't use stop losses. Being wrong is part of trading

You look for bottoming (probably at least a couple of days), then you buy above that with a stop just below the bottom. If you're wrong, you're wrong and you move on. But if you're right…ooh boy.

I can trade any stock profitably, long or short. Pick one and I'll show you.
BaylorSpineGuy
I've missed this. Lol glad to have you back! Hope your trip and rest were good!
First Page Last Page
Page 5582 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.