Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,573 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

Tell me someone took the Mara 10c I mentioned last Friday ? Those went about 4X today.

I missed it being in meetings and driving. Didn't set alerts.

I told myself I wouldn't look at MARA.

Ummmm…..those calls…..sheesh. They were below .60

$3.80 now. Big mistake. Miss. Error.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43 said:

Tic has jumped the shark a little on twitter. Does a lot of tweet deleting and stuff. He's obviously incredibly bearish on the long term.

I just don't see SPX hitting 2500
bmoochie
AG
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Tell me someone took the Mara 10c I mentioned last Friday ? Those went about 4X today.

Curious what you saw in this to think about entering?
GreasenUSA
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

FJ43 said:

Tic has jumped the shark a little on twitter. Does a lot of tweet deleting and stuff. He's obviously incredibly bearish on the long term.

I just don't see SPX hitting 2500
Yeah, the guy is honestly nuts. Deletes all his tweets and says some really weird crap. His commentary is usually wrong. He needs to just stick to posting his levels.

I do agree that this is a bear market rally, and there is more downside to come. But we finally closed over the 50 day for the first time in 3 months, so let's see how far we can rally here.
FJ43
bmoochie said:

FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Curious what you saw in this to think about entering?
Hola Amigo....

Zooming in a bit for you. You can look back to about 11/20 also (left hand chart) and see where volume really started to come into this one. In the $5s where this had a bottom here.

But.....first things I keyed on in seconds.

First.... the volume at the yellow arrow. Almost 4X volume that day.
Retraced the move to Model T or Fib 50 and held. Classic.
Flagging
EMA crosses and held EMAs. No pump and dump.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

SF2004
AG
Covered Calls...

How do you handle the FOMO when you get blown out and called away?

Have a position that is threatening to blow through the covered call. Will be a great 17% return over around 3 months of exposure but now I have FOMO that I may have capped my upside.

Feels like I can't ever maximize my profit. When I try I end up with bad positions that I have to manage out of or i cap my upside and miss out.

Ugh...
SF2004
AG
Good to see you on this thread talking charts...

Thread needs for FJ and 30K!
FJ43
SF2004 said:

Covered Calls...

How do you handle the FOMO when you get blown out and called away?

Have a position that is threatening to blow through the covered call. Will be a great 17% return over around 3 months of exposure but now I have FOMO that I may have capped my upside.

Feels like I can't ever maximize my profit. When I try I end up with bad positions that I have to manage out of or i cap my upside and miss out.

Ugh...

When do you sell covered calls?

What % of shares do you sell covered calls against?

FOMO is real man. We've all been bitten by it (ok all you WWR degerafes chime in). 17% in 3 months is solid. Imagine doing that every quarter vs your portfolio. I'll take that everyday.

I've found that success in trading is far more about managing your losses than maximizing your profits. Take the wins and minimize losses.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What a great trade, hope it was a lot of money.
Don't worry about getting the most out of every win. You want the meat, not the top bun, bottom bun or condiments. (/mcinnis). Stocks, long calls, and short puts pay sometimes, but sold covered calls pay every time. No ragrets
FJ43
SHOP

Earnings coming up on 8/2. Missed last time. Looks like a lot of consolidation in this range.

On my radar.

Heineken-Ashi
Just as we hoped and previously outlined.. this week is playing like green weeks prior. First trend is now clearly broken (red), we've gotten multiple days of continuation, and we're going to ride it up until we get a double wick beer candle or a red reversal beer candle.

https://i.imgur.com/feIAOTE.jpg

Trade responsibly

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/82/82/ec/8282ecb38cc71b4c5799143e66eeaa54--beer-poster-heineken.jpg
bmoochie
AG
Thanks! I need to do better about putting all those things together. I've been focusing the last month on spy scalps only. Trading levels and that's about it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will be surprised if there isn't some serious chop or dip action tomorrow.

Hope you all took some profits at the close today.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
bmoochie said:

Thanks! I need to do better about putting all those things together. I've been focusing the last month on spy scalps only. Trading levels and that's about it.
Focusing is a good thing. Knowing one or two intimately is far better than trying to find everything that might move or chasing. Trading wise, just playing levels and patterns on something you know well with high liquidity creates discipline. Investing is a different game.

As you know SPY is my favorite thing to trade. I scan a list of more than 100 stocks throughout the week but they are very quick looks. If it doesn't stick out I move along. If it catches my eye I dig in and determine RR and look for a play that fits my trading style.

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I will be surprised if there isn't some serious chop or dip action tomorrow.

Hope you all took some profits at the close today.
This is my sentiment as well. The move into the 50EMA on SPY will need to cool off and build at some point IMO. +1 ATR with the move at present. I'd like a quick move to +2 ATR trade setup actually.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reversal time?
Brewmaster
AG
austinAG90
AG
Sorry for delay travels this morning…..

Treasuries Bull Steepen...Russia Bear with Strings Attached..ECB..Equities Fade

The optimism of yesterday seems to be fading... While Russia is willing to start their Nord Stream gas tomorrow it comes with strings attached... When that was announced this morning around 3 am the S+P futures started to give back their overnight. NetFlix ,induced gains... At 6.30 am they slumped into negative territory... Bernstein is on the headlines that capitulation has not yet occurred, disagreeing with the Bank America survey of yesterday... Blackstone economist is talking 5% rates, which seems to be ignored... As the equity markets slump the higher rate projections for the Fed are reversing... Yesterday with equities up and Corporate spreads 6% better, we saw some slight movements higher in Fed rate projections... That has been pushed back...

So in a vacation illiquid hump day of the week, we are looking at the ECB tomorrow, the resumption of Russian gas to Europe, and the expectation of the Fed next week... While we would like to build a trend we still see range bound trading with some volatility until next Wednesday...10 years continue to hover around 3%, getting to 3.03 yesterday in the overnight session and now at 2.97... The curve is bull steepening...

Rates... While Blackstone may think 5% rates, the markets do not... We still see 10 years range bound between 2.875 and 3.03... With 2.74 and 2.71 as reach numbers.. The biggest surprise we could see tomorrow is from the ECB... Reuters was out yesterday with a 50 basis point view of what the ECB will do tomorrow... More in line with a "weak" fragmentation policy.... This had helped the Euro versus the dollar, but the Euro is back below 1.02...European rates are running today with 10 years 6 to 10 better across Europe.. The US yield curve is bull steepening for now with 2's and 3's about 7 better and long bonds 4 better...

Credit had another outstanding day ..spreads better by 6%... Bank America issued 10 billion of a docket that issued a total of 16.5 billion yesterday... The last two days we have seen close to 35 billion of issuance, which is the largest two day total since March... And we expect Lenovo and Imperial Brands today...market is open..

Equities catalyst yesterday were the "Capitulation" comments in the Bank America survey coupled with the headlines that the Nord stream would resume tomorrow...and that fund managers had the most cash in over 21 years... But we think the options markets being played by the Hedge Funds show the real direction and will overwhelm what the Fund managers do in the near term. Outlook remains choppy but we read what a colleague from Nomura put out, which we find interesting . Part of the fuel from the recent rally involves the unwinding of bearish hedges put on by HF and other traders who tie their equity exposure to market volatility readings. Nomura says that at least 50 billion of related bearish positions are now starting to cover...he thinks the buying will continue for a couple more weeks... This takes us through the Fed meeting next week into August. As big market moves in late April drop out of the 3 month realized vol calculation, the lower readings will trigger additional buying... ... We find this interesting and worth watching... We also point out that as the rise in S+P and Nasdaq reach their 50 day moving average could also cause more money to come into the markets...

So for today we see another range bound market... Waiting for the ECB and the BOJ (nothing expected) tomorrow.. And the Fed next week.. 10 years should stay in the range above even with corporate supply... Equities will be choppy, but 4100 S+P 500 is what we are looking for in the short term, and 3500 is what we fear in the longer term...

European gas... The way we read it is that Putin wanted to get the West's attention yesterday by allowing Gazprom to start delivering gas to Europe tomorrow... But as we said earlier in the week the Russians have not yet gotten the part they need from Canada to resume full production... That won't take place until early August... For now expect him to use the pipeline to Europe for his political gain... And as a colleague said yesterday the west is funding his war... But in an interview with Bloomberg yesterday, 99 year old Kissinger said this is the time to cut a deal and end the hostilities... Not exactly what he said, but we are extrapolating on his interview... Have a good day.
jamey
AG
Got a swag on how long term that S&P 500 at 3500 is, 1 month, end of year...etc?
TecRecAg
AG
NVDA continuing..
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Glad I still have 450 TQQQ shares left. Didn't think we'd be sniffing 30 again this month.
Spoony Love
AG
TSLA has room to fly as well. Maybe we see a push on SPY above 395?
Brewmaster
AG
FML, nearly bought calls on reversal about 30 minutes ago, shoulda coulda woulda!

Been playing much more careful, sniping and concentrating on good to great entries
Spoony Love
AG
Now let's take out the overnight high for SPY at 395.27

AAPL has flown it's coop for the day and now waiting to see if TSLA will follow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Folks - do not be stupid. Be careful about fresh longs here without a dip. I think market has reversed for now, but we are very far above the mean.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We are approaching the gap. I expect resistance here.
Spoony Love
AG
You talking about the 6/10 gap?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spoony Love said:

You talking about the 6/10 gap?
Yes
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

We are approaching the gap. I expect resistance here.
Like f'ing clockwork for your guys.

MRB10
AG
TecRecAg said:

NVDA continuing..

Are you surprised based on the most recent Pelosi disclosure?
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
GreasenUSA
AG
It's always nice to take trades when you can be confident you have the power of the bulls behind you. It's been too few and far between thus far this year.
TecRecAg
AG
not at all
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Re-approaching gap....gonna break through this time?
Spoony Love
AG
AAPL has a possible daily bull flag, and TSLA looks like it needs to make a decision.
Brewmaster
AG
TecRecAg said:

not at all
they been buying NVDA all morning
COIN crazy buying too
First Page Last Page
Page 5565 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.