Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,880 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Chef Elko
Welloiledmachine04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The notion that the stock market isn't the economy just doesn't hold up anymore (cnbc.com)

LOL, the timing of this article on this board.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

there will be a rally soon. This is too much.

Have you been paying any attention to the economy? What would lead you to believe anything at all is going well?
OK. want to bet on it?
that guy must be new around here, lol

BrokeAssAggie
Dan Scott said:

this close will be nasty
right back to LOD. see if the dam breaks.
BAP Enthusiast
LMCane said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

TecRecAg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Have you been paying any attention to the economy? What would lead you to believe anything at all is going well?
The market is not the economy.

When it looks like this? Yeah it's tanking badly.

but of course energy companies are cyclicals as well- when the recession starts to kick in and inflation eventually moderates at a high level the stocks on energy producers will start to moderate as well.

even though I have been buying a lot of energy the last few months, it's not like that is going to prop up the market for years at a time.

I know. Oil is going to go to $200/bbl and then **** will hit the fan across the board. This is only the beginning.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sub 4K
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Jet Black

sub 4K

UPRO?
Ranger222
AG
pretty nasty bull trap around 3:10 ET as SPY broke a trend line up only to fall right back down to sub-400. BTC also a nasty daily candle.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
amazing downward pressure.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Jet Black said:

sub 4K

UPRO?
I wouldn't feel bad about a starter down here.
BrokeAssAggie
Big level here on SPY
TecRecAg
AG
I see this dive being relatively short-lived. If you look at the monthly S&P, there have been two times (since 1995) that the 8ema went south of the 21.. the dot com bubble and the housing crisis. Even Covid didn't cause it cross. Do we really think inflation is THAT big of a catalyst? I've been saying this for months... job numbers are still great. There are more jobs than people. Until we see job numbers diving and unemployment rising, I'm not worried.

My old man yells at cloud moment is this.. this world moves infinitely faster now than it did 20 years ago. The availability of news and information makes everything happen quicker.. stock moves in both directions are more severe. The only thing comparable to the past is that the market goes up over time. People will panic and sell, sure.. and I know this is a short term trading thread more than it is anything else.

Just my babbling $.02 on a Monday.
Ag CPA
AG
Wouldn't mind seeing the S&P close below 4K just to get that psychological barrier out of the way.
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

Big level here on SPY
broke. $395 on deck
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Big level here on SPY
SO FAR!

The bright side is that we should get close to 3800 SPX tomorrow at the open.
cptthunder
Ag CPA said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the S&P close below 4K just to get that psychological barrier out of the way.
Gonna get your wish
SF2004
AG
Do we bear market rip tomorrow?
Paradise Ag
AG

Analyzed my portfolio in detail today.

Gonna be awkward when I try to explain to the wife that a bender in Vegas with hookers and blow will actually save us money right now.

Wish me luck.
Ag CPA
AG
I don't know, those hookers and blow probably cost 30% more than the last time you were there.
Tumble Weed
jj9000 said:

Tumble Weed said:

Just sold aapl and GOOGL.
Why?

I cut everything in my portfolio that has a P/E greater than 15 except for fb as it is around 15.
Kept my value stocks, will use the cash to buy the dip.
I am betting that the value stocks will suck less than the growth stocks this year.
Dan Scott
AG
market down 8% in 3 days
La Bamba
AG
I mean what's crazy is that 380is top of the channel of the post-GFC to pre-COVID crisis. I think we will likely get there and bounce off of it. The crisis level is down at the 280s which corresponds with COVID and GFC bottoms. Now SPY 280s would be a great buy.

BrokeAssAggie
some big ass volume on spy
Dan Scott
AG
AAPL holding up well still hasn't broken prior lows. Buffet was buy AAPL at these levels back in March and said he would have bought more but the stock went up.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Got a big ol bite of VTI at around 3990
So the next buy will be around 3800 or so….. if we get there. Who knows might get a twofer this week now that Biden's working on it.
bmks270
AG
Consumer staples and utility sector ETFs are holding strong, little change today.
irish pete ag06
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

some big ass volume on spy
Probably a short hedge...

LMCane
TecRecAg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

The market is not the economy.
LOL. two hours after you type that on the front page of CNBC is:

"The Market is the Economy Now"

The Market is the Economy
Dan Scott
AG
Our friend CLOV has earnings tonight. Lets see how this POS does. It's back to the level Chelsea Clinton bought 100K shares
LMCane
bmks270 said:

Consumer staples and utility sector ETFs are holding strong, little change today.
how long are consumer staples going to hang in there

when the economy rolls over into an acknowledged recession?
LMCane
TecRecAg said:

I see this dive being relatively short-lived. If you look at the monthly S&P, there have been two times (since 1995) that the 8ema went south of the 21.. the dot com bubble and the housing crisis. Even Covid didn't cause it cross. Do we really think inflation is THAT big of a catalyst? I've been saying this for months... job numbers are still great. There are more jobs than people. Until we see job numbers diving and unemployment rising, I'm not worried.

My old man yells at cloud moment is this.. this world moves infinitely faster now than it did 20 years ago. The availability of news and information makes everything happen quicker.. stock moves in both directions are more severe. The only thing comparable to the past is that the market goes up over time. People will panic and sell, sure.. and I know this is a short term trading thread more than it is anything else.

Just my babbling $.02 on a Monday.

why would unemployment be bearish and scare you?

that would release the Fed Reserve from ever having to raise rates- which is bullish for stocks.
sts7049
AG
LMCane said:

bmks270 said:

how long are consumer staples going to hang in there

when the economy rolls over into an acknowledged recession?
jesus h christ, your posts are exhausting. why don't you just stay on f16, seriously? go there and talk all you want about the economy and recession and collapse.
aggieswin12
You have stars, just block him.
utah, get me two
I'm gonna to the craps tables now
Dan Scott
AG
CLOV up 20%
Ags2013
AG
Dan Scott said:

CLOV up 20%
Good start! Need a lot more!
First Page Last Page
Page 5388 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.