Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,008,461 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that I look at GRUB a bit more, sure seems like it's been in a long time sideways/slightly declining wedge that it hit the top of on Friday and bounced right back down. Seems like you could trade the wedge until a breakout or just buy low here and hope for it to break out when it eventually runs out of room and will break up or down

leoj
AG
Anyone looking at baba/jd again right now?
EngrAg14
EngrAg14
AG
Expect DIS to pop.
Avengers: End Game made 1.2bill so far

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/28/media/avengers-endgame-box-office-record/index.html
Ragoo
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Expect DIS to pop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/28/media/avengers-endgame-box-office-record/index.html
revenue, not necessarily profit. But also, agreed. Hope to see 150 this week.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

EngrAg14 said:

Expect DIS to pop.

I posted that DIS is a $200 stock. It will be.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

EngrAg14 said:

Expect DIS to pop.

I posted that DIS is a $200 stock. It will be.
i have no doubt it will go beyond $200. They are evolving into a tech company who already knows how to make and profit from content.
ProgN
RIG reports earnings ATC tomorrow, what's your feel on this one?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

RIG reports earnings ATC tomorrow, what's your feel on this one?
No clue what to expect

http://news.stocktradersdaily.com/news_release/1/Transocean+RIG+Technical+Update_042919073001.html#
oldarmy1
AG
Chinese government and their screwy secrecy paranoia hit MOMO app with a freeze.

Great example of government trumps all technicals. Looks to be temporary but we'd need to see an immediate rebound from a time value status on options.

Momo (MOMO) aware that certain mobile app stores in China have removed the Tantan mobile app

April 29, 2019 6:23 AM
Momo Inc. (Nasdaq: MOMO) ("Momo" or the "Company"), a leading mobile social networking platform in China, today announced that it has become aware that certain mobile app stores in China have removed the Tantan mobile app on direction of governmental authorities in China.

The Company is proactively communicating with the relevant government authorities and intends to fully cooperate with such authorities in order to restore the availability of the Tantan mobile app in the subject mobile app stores as soon as possible. The Company also plans to conduct a comprehensive internal review of the content in the Tantan mobile app and undertake other measures necessary to stay in full compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. Pending restoration of the Tantan app in the relevant app stores in China, the Company's ability to attract new Tantan users will be adversely affected, while existing Tantan users may continue to use the app.
EngrAg14
AG
Oldarmy1,

I'm curious what technicals are most common for stock that hit new highs to show a short consolidation or complete reversal?
oldarmy1
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Oldarmy1,

I'm curious what technicals are most common for stock that hit new highs to show a short consolidation or complete reversal?

Volume! Easy answer
oldarmy1
AG
Regardless of reason the break on MOMO results in a reversal doji (technical term) and it means hope for short covering after the open to bring back some premium and then EXIT. This is my suggestion.

WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Regardless of reason the break on MOMO results in a reversal doji (technical term) and it means hope for short covering after the open to bring back some premium and then EXIT. This is my suggestion.

So you would double down on the open as it's low, wait for a cover to bring up premium, then exit as you get back or close to even?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
ON
Semiconductor beats by 4 cents and traded down on downside revenue outlook. Coming back up now.
oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

So you would double down on the open as it's low, wait for a cover to bring up premium, then exit as you get back or close to even?
Not in this case because it could straight tank or if it does get a short covering push you want to be selling into it vs chasing premium not knowing when it ends. Can't fight the Chinese government.

This is the safest trade. If it managed to fill the gap down then it potentially could move upward using the news as a shake and run. I will lighten my load significantly and then watch to see with a lower loss risk. And if we see it reverse hard I'd even contemplate a $30 Put out a week.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Not in this case because it could straight tank or if it does get a short covering push you want to be selling into it vs chasing premium not knowing when it ends. Can't fight the Chinese government.
Number one reason why I shy away from owning Chinese Stocks. So easy to get shafted by Xinnie the Pooh's gang of misfits has the undies in a wad.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

This is so true! I've had to do a lot of work with them and there is no system to beat back the government. You have two options: Do as they say or bribe the right person.
oldarmy1
AG
TLRY for you potheads looks to have a support reversal. Breaks out it should see $60 this week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TLRY for you potheads looks to have a support reversal. Breaks out it should see $60 this week.
Not a pothead. Glad to make money off of them though.
jmcfar_98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BTW - A pox upon the forum for not calling out OLED yesterday. I forgot to place an alert and all of you would be up 180% on my targeted call entry.

Instead the easy money opportunity now gone.

Any plays now; it's down again?
Rice and Fries
Flirting with all time high on the S&P 500.
IrishTxAggie
AG
That's a hell of a 10 minute candle on the DIS opening.
pacecar02
IrishTxAggie said:

I hope its a fakeout
Rice and Fries
IrishTxAggie said:

2,700,000 in volume
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sure am glad I didn't bite on the $145 weekly on the opening.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought TLRY weekly $54 with possible flash bottom forming below $52.
Rice and Fries
MOMO has some momo upwards.
WestTexAg12
AG
MOMO looking like it may bounce a little
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
WestTexAg12
AG
Rice and Fries said:

MOMO has some momo upwards.

Jinx
ProgN
Did you read that article that I PM'd you?
oldarmy1
AG
Now just need TLRY back above $52 please. Thanks in advance!
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Now just need TLRY back above $72 please. Thanks in advance!

I almost got that option at $.78. That would have been nice
oldarmy1
AG
Need to see CSCO above $56 today. $56.50 would be strong confirmation signal of resumption of trend.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yes I did. John Hopkins was on this a few years ago. Haven't seen many updates on it.
First Page Last Page
Page 498 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.