Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,080,285 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Bought SPY 480C weekly at .68

Lotto size since traveling and not able to watch closely.

Took half off here at 1.06. Will hold the remainder overnight.
Congrats if you took these. Assuming the premarket levels hold...these should be 3X+.

I'll exit at a possible open push and leave runners only.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Gonna need Austin Ags update! 10YR is almost to 1.70% this morning. Huge rise so far since yesterday.
Triple_Bagger

McInnis 03
AG
Bonds are going NUTS this morning
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Bonds are going NUTS this morning

Doesn't it very much feel like a big ass risk on move to you?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
What I want most to realize - with bonds, your biggest interest rates for homes are pegged off the 10YR UST - and that's just gone up 0.17% since Monday morning. You can think of it as your base interest rate just went up that much.
Irish 2.0
Good morning MVIS!
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
McInnis 03
AG
OA1 called Ford! WOW.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I think fj is good luck. Please don't leave us again!
Everybody loves a dirt road
cgh1999
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Good morning MVIS!

I bought a handful of $5 calls with a Jan 21st strike yesterday morning. Was hoping to add to that position, but I'll take this and be happy.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm still holding a DIS 1/7 $160 and it appears to be in striking distance this morning pre-market. Good call.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ostk is back at 60? Don't mind if i do!
Everybody loves a dirt road
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Red Pear Luke said:

Gonna need Austin Ags update! 10YR is almost to 1.70% this morning. Huge rise so far since yesterday.

bmoochie
AG
Red Pear Luke said:

To a dumb like myself, help me understand what this means?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Where I'm concerned is the potential impact on growth stocks. If interest rates go up it costs more to borrow money. Of course folks that trade bonds, real estate folks, and forex traders have other reasons to watch this.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

OA1 called Ford! WOW.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

I'm still holding a DIS 1/7 $160 and it appears to be in striking distance this morning pre-market. Good call.
Disney is a fat kid sprinting on a track. It's impressive when it moves, but it usually takes a deep breather after each impressive move.

Just my opinion, but get some of that profit.
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

OA1 called Ford! WOW.

Hey $F, I know a sweet north american company that can help you with the graphite stuff.
Spoony Love
AG
That sounds like me running track.

I'll take the gain so I can buy some cookies and refuel.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

OA1 called Ford! WOW.

Hey $F, I know a sweet north american company that can help you with the graphite stuff.
ALWAYS swing for the fences kids.

cryption
I picked up some ford yesterday - flow was bullish and lots of dark pool volume. I was talking about it in discord

Irish 2.0
Isn't WWR in Colorado?
astros4545
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Isn't WWR in Colorado?
Its in Greeeeennbboooo, AL-A-BAMA!!!!!
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Isn't WWR in Colorado?
struck out.

I was thinking about the graphite plant in Coosa County Alabama
gougler08
AG
astros4545 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Isn't WWR in Colorado?
Its in Greeeeennbboooo, AL-A-BAMA!!!!!
Need Nick Saban to go run it after he retires from football
McInnis 03
AG
Apparently you need to be sharing with us here more often Rookie.
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Spoony Love said:

Disney is a fat kid sprinting on a track. It's impressive when it moves, but it usually takes a deep breather after each impressive move.

DEAR GOODNESS THE FAT KID IS RUNNING
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone looking for a quick hitter? SOXL, Bull 3x leverage semiconductor, is st resistance. Above 72.99, this baby can run.
austinAG90
AG
Global equity futures are resilient in the face of soaring Covid cases as US treasuries hit new high yields...

Equities are up another 12 S+P points after being up 21 earlier... Both JPM and UBS are out this morning again calling for higher equities...UBS strategy is to buy S+P calls... How far can it go? Covid cases surged to 1 million yesterday but commerce continues as vaccinated people are figuring how to live with the mild symptoms of Covid... How long can that last?... Equities are clearly tricky as the beginning of the year flows are very positive... But will rates trip them up?.

Bond New Issuance... Plenty of new issuance yesterday and again expected today.. Over 11 billion came to market yesterday with spreads holding like a rock... Sovereign issuance is adding to the mix... We expect a total of 35 billion of new issuance this week and 150 billion for the month of January...We also saw a massive amount of 10 Year Libor SWAPS TERMINATION going through yesterday with at least 25 YARDS of volume... Volumes in treasuries were 300% of recent norms... Are the Bond Vigilantes being revived...???

Rates... Where are we going... 5 years have broken to new highs taking out the 1.37 level... The next support comes in at 1.5%.... 10 years have broken 1, and now have 1.70 in focus with 1.77 high of last year as second support... 30 years are right at the 200 day moving average of 2.05... That looks to break, not sure the next support but probably around 2.12... The question is are we now in sight of 2% 10 years?... Not yet... But Bloomberg made a comparison to beginning of the year moves comparing yesterday's 12 basis rise in 10 years on the first day of the year to 2009...

2009... The Fed had just moved in 2008 from 3.5% Fed funds to zero at the end of 2008... 2009 started with 10 years moving from 2.21 to 2.37... It ended the month of January at 2.86... Why do we detail this? The situations are clearly reversed where the Fed has dropped rates versus the situation we are in now where everyone expects the Fed to raise rates starting in either the first or second quarter... If the bond vigilantes have been awoken then 2% should be in the cards this month... Or it could be a just another push to 1.70 10 years where the Japanese step in.. They clearly did not buy overnight...

Sorry for the lateness of this, it seems like Bloomberg updates always happen when one is running late...
cryption
Out F at 1.25 - RSI hit 85 on the 5min so I pulled the trigger. .74->1.25
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Spoony Love said:

DEAR GOODNESS THE FAT KID IS RUNNING
yeah I banked all profit, even next week verticals. uncertainty of rates and the markets, not going to baghold big winners.
Triple_Bagger
bmoochie said:

Red Pear Luke said:

To a dumb like myself, help me understand what this means?
Higher interest rates mean more expensive to borrow and present value of future cash flows is lower. Double whammy for growth stocks, especially those that aren't profitable yet.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

Took the 1/21 100C at 25.5. I don't do OTM calls anymore. So this is how I ride the train w/o putting out full capital these days.
You beautiful ugly shoe mother ****ers!! Give me 150 by 1/21 and I'll be a happy camper!
Spoony Love
AG
Me too. Fat kid is not made for distance running.
First Page Last Page
Page 4798 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.