Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,265 Views | 224263 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by ProgN
JobSecurity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone recommend a book or podcast that discusses market theory? I'm beginning to understand the very basics of technical analysis but I don't have a good grasp on why these indicators have been and will continue to be valid. Basically trying to understand why the markets react and behave in these patterns.
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM started its move folks Red/Green now easily seen. The last move uou can see ended in a green/red pullback, After a false reversal it further consolidated, having one upside down green candle. Now it looks to be ready for a rebound move.

oldarmy1
AG
Buying CSCO May 17 $60 Strikes on consolidation action.

$0.36 cents. Don't chase it

This also means I went ahead and closed the Put option locking in the gains to end the shortened week.
oldarmy1
AG
Grrrr. Only got 82 of 100 filled. I see you guys!

If you have the ability to make your 36 cent bid hidden please do so.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TEUM started its move folks Red/Green now easily seen. The last move uou can see ended in a green/red pullback, After a false reversal it further consolidated, having one upside down green candle. Now it looks to be ready for a rebound move.

oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Grrrr. Only got 82 of 100 filled. I see you guys!

If you have the ability to make your 36 cent bid hidden please do so.
Welp.82 will do. If it dips Monday I'll add but I was watching that buying pressure into the close, so we'll see.

Set target to sell at $1 . . Stop loss at 16 cents.
Chickenhawk
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

This.
oldarmy1
AG
DOCU

ProgN
I bought them at the close. In it to win it with you.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm in DOCU 55C's and bought a couple hundred of TEUM. There is a analytical guy who has been all over TEUM lately, waiting for such a setup. OA beat him to the "BUY" call today.
oldarmy1
AG

TEXTBOOK Bullish Harami. Need confirmation Monday.

oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm in DOCU 55C's and bought a couple hundred of TEUM. There is a analytical guy who has been all over TEUM lately, waiting for such a setup. OA beat him to the "BUY" call today.
TELL HIM "AMATEUR"!
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying CSCO May 17 $60 Strikes on consolidation action.

$0.36 cents. Don't chase it

This also means I went ahead and closed the Put option locking in the gains to end the shortened week.
That trend line on CSCO is almost perfect
Chickenhawk
OA, how high are you expecting TEUM to bounce back?
DamnbullAg
oldarmy1
AG
Chickenhawk said:

OA, how high are you expecting TEUM to bounce back?

$4.75 area into earnings and then it becomes a wild card. Could beat again sending it on trend well above $5 or consolidate again.
oldarmy1
AG
Heard from one of you guys who made $54k off the QCOM trade. That fires me up!
Post removed:
by user
leoj
AG
Is the tax rate on profit/loss from options just capital gains rate?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Short term capital gains
dlp3719
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Short term capital gains
Which is to say your marginal ordinary income tax rate.
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

Is the tax rate on profit/loss from options just capital gains rate?
trade them in your ROTH without worry
dlp3719
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Heard from one of you guys who made $54k off the QCOM trade. That fires me up!
100 contracts?
TheVarian
AG
Any thoughts on Blackstone? I keep seeing them pop up
ProgN
OA,

TNDM looks like it filled the gap and bounced off resistance. I also believe this "medicare for all" bs is overblown at the moment. What do you think about it at it's current level and possible short term trading target. TIA

Happy Easter Sir!
leoj
AG
Maybe when I have a bit more money in there. I like robinhood for the no fees and being able to use it pretty quickly during the day when I'm on my phone. Also I plan on trying to use some gains to help out with my tuition if possible.
UpstateAg
AG
TD Ameritrade has a great app for trading. I use that for my ROTH trading, and Vanguard for my Boglehead inspired retirement accounts.
leoj
AG
I just realized I have my Charles Schwab app, I just never get on it. I may give it a shot and start trading in there as well.
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

TD Ameritrade has a great app for trading. I use that for my ROTH trading, and Vanguard for my Boglehead inspired retirement accounts.

I second this! TD Ameritrade has a badass trading app. I've been trading with them a long time. They also have a best fill policy. I get several orders better than my limit prices.
leoj
AG
Uh, so this td ameritrade app is awesome. You can have Roth's with different brokers just as long as you don't go over the contribution limit combined correct?
ProgN
Yes
pacecar02
leoj said:

Uh, so this td ameritrade app is awesome. You can have Roth's with different brokers just as long as you don't go over the contribution limit combined correct?
That's the original tastytrades app I'm pretty sure

edit: yall are talking about think or swim right?
ProgN
yes
jmcfar_98
AG
leoj said:

I just realized I have my Charles Schwab app, I just never get on it. I may give it a shot and start trading in there as well.

Leoj- if you have a Schwab account you should look into Schwab Streetsmart Edge platform. Really good setup.

Different than their standard setup.

https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/active_trader/trading_tools/trading_software
Rice and Fries
leoj said:

Maybe when I have a bit more money in there. I like robinhood for the no fees and being able to use it pretty quickly during the day when I'm on my phone. Also I plan on trying to use some gains to help out with my tuition if possible.

Interesting business model. They sell their users trade data to HF traders. Something like 40% of their revenue was generated through this. Hope you use limit orders!
First Page Last Page
Page 471 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.