Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,230 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by jagvocate
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It got reported earlier, but it kind of fell under the radar until Robinhood just sent out their push notification. That push notification of theirs is fun to watch because you can actually see the panic patterns after they report something.
UpstateAg
AG
Let's see if qcom volume gets over 130mm. And if it sells off. These last two days are just nuts. No way it can keep going. Right? Bought lotto tickets just in case.

Edit to add. I'm wrong
Rice and Fries
KMI reports earnings today after the bell.

They have some high option movement with the calls being stacked compared to the puts.

I think I am going to roll on the 4/18s at $0.12 and see how it does.
ProgN
New 52 wk high on NKE, I wonder if it keeps going? Looking at some calls.
ProgN
OK gang, I have a status hearing for my divorce/custody at 3:00 so I'll be gone. Good luck to all.
Rice and Fries
Prognightmare said:

New 52 wk high on NKE, I wonder if it keeps going? Looking at some calls.
Retail baffles me. Seems like we are hearing alot about layoffs and decreased sales and yet the LULU's and NKE's keep climbing.

Granted, both NKE and LULU are part of the "Millennial Female Index" along with TGT, SBUX and more.
E
AG
Prognightmare said:

OK gang, I have a status hearing for my divorce/custody at 3:00 so I'll be gone. Good luck to all.
Good luck to you!
leoj
AG
Nike is doing really well and will continue to grow. I exited my long position because I think it's overvalued and I made a good profit, but it will continue to get a premium as their sales growth continues.
UpstateAg
AG
I'll be praying for you. Just walked through one with a family in our church.
spud1910
AG
Prayers my friend.
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO $55 Put jumped into the close. Already 87% ROI.

Making money on the same stock trading it both ways.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Good luck! Conclude and turn the page.
UpstateAg
AG
Call it a hunch, but I think those lotto tickets are toast. Qcom is just this unstoppable force. This is what I hope China stocks do on the trade deal announcement. Hope. Not expect.
leoj
AG
I hope it pulls back before the earnings report. They could give even more positive info. This issue has been suppressing the stock for around 2 years. I already posted some back of the napkin math plus initial PTs from analysts. This could see 100 by end of the year, especially if the FTC trial decision is favorable.
UpstateAg
AG
Love the subtle 5 million sell after hours. Wow.
jtmoney03
AG
Hell of a week to not have the time to pay attention here or at my own stuff. Congrats on all these homerun trades!! There have been many 100s of thousands of dollars made in the last couple days for you guys, just from my scanning to get caught up. Good work!
spud1910
AG
Same here. Grandchild number#3 was born Monday. Someday I may tell her that she would have had a larger inheritance if she had waited a few days.
oldarmy1
AG
Let's look at one of my favorite planted stocks of old, as well as one of my favorite trading stocks. We took the V bottom entry at 2350 when posted at $182 (Actual low was $177.92). Target was set for $300, which despite all of the analytics models in existence boiled down to a simple 50% retracement from it's highs to lows - ha!

The stock hit $300 for a clean exit of 100% of trading shares, again as posted in real time. Also, covered calls were entered against 50% of the net free long term shares.

Along the way its paused and consolidated. Each of those is the square orange boxes. Note the volume signatures as the shares dropped day over day increasing. Also note the orange arrows pointing backwards that each consolidation ended at the previous trend launch pad. VERY IMPORTANT

I noticed that we did not get much of a flash on $300, and also note that volume was nothing to note. This is an indicator that there is more room to run for ALGN after its current cycle. We had a 4 day consolidation cycle on the first box, that included a new low and intraday reversal. These are the easiest to identify and enter trades.

The second box was a 5 day consolidation that again ended with a green candle new intraday low with reversal to form the hammer we all love. We are in day 2 of that current boxed consolidation move. Note the volume started to increase today. The launch pad area for this pullback is a larger range $266-$271 area. We came close today to the upper part of that.

For me, I want to see a solid move below $270 before entering calls. Volume will be monitored on the 30 second bars for day over day increase activity. This is how I trade trend stocks.

VERY IMPORTANT - ALGN reports in 6 days and that means an additional wild card is squarely in the mix. That said the timing of this consolidation is near perfect to find its end and have a push upward into earnings.

jmcfar_98
AG
Looks like we need to pool all of our money we made on QCOM and hire a new AD now. What a crap show.
leoj
AG
Wow. I never even look at that board. What in the hell?!
Rice and Fries
leoj said:

Wow. I never even look at that board. What in the hell?!
Little Man Sharp didn't want his ego to be wounded by the fact that Woodward deserved a significant pay bump and that he would be making more than him.
Post removed:
by user
UpstateAg
AG
Is it official official? I saw the update and that I was pretty much done. Is it announced?
Rice and Fries
UpstateAg said:

Is it official official? I saw the update and that I was pretty much done. Is it announced?
Yeah, Woodward has signed an Letter of Intention according to Billy and a few other sources. The news outlets have confirmed as well.

Would take a miracle to keep him but our powers that be will be sure to stop that from happening.
leoj
AG
I should be on the poor level, didn't even notice that. Idk..

Yeah I just checked, I don't have premium. Also I was referring to the zoo as well..
FightinFarmer
OA and everyone, thanks for all your help on here. I've been slowing dipping my toe in, but the wisdom is much appreciated as it balances out my trial and (mostly) error.

My (probably elementary) question on your above ALGN post is how do you identify what your targeted strike price is on the other side of the consolidation?
pfo
AG
Prognightmare said:

TNDM getting killed. I can't find any news. High volume too. Can anyone else find out anything?

I own Dexcom and TNDM is one of their customers. It's been getting killed too. All healthcare stocks are getting their guts stomped out because, at the moment, "Medicare for all"/socialized medicine is gaining traction. All the Dems have, other than Orange man bad, is healthcare. And the Dems are going to hammer "free" healthcare until Nov. 2020.

Every health insurer has been hammered, UNH, ANTM, Cigna, Humana, CVS/Aetna and CNC. Also pharma stocks like ABMD have almost been cut in half. TNDM is caught up in the downdraft with all the rest.
UpstateAg
AG
If 2020 goes to the democrats, we could be in for a wild ride down. Never will a 5 dollar put be so valuable.
oldarmy1
AG
FightinFarmer said:

OA and everyone, thanks for all your help on here. I've been slowing dipping my toe in, but the wisdom is much appreciated as it balances out my trial and (mostly) error.

My (probably elementary) question on your above ALGN post is how do you identify what your targeted strike price is on the other side of the consolidation?
First will be to look at what the $300 Strike's are trading at. Continuation of trend would obviously take $300 out and push upward. If the $300's are simply too much risk then the $305's. Remember stocks above $200 make $10+ flash moves routinely.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

If 2020 goes to the democrats, we could be in for a wild ride down. Never will a 5 dollar put be so valuable.
If dems win the Whitehouse there will be a sucking sound from the money taken out of the markets.
E
AG
So replace all the calls we have been doing with puts?
ProgN
Thanks bud
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

So replace all the calls we have been doing with puts?

Interestingly, while there would likely be a quick drop I would expect the markets to press back up for the first half year of a Dem Presidency. The tax policies would take time to change, so markets would fake out many short term. But then the floodgates will open and nothing will stop it.

This is my prediction
GenericAggie
AG
I don't believe at this time there's a path for the Dems to win the Senate in 2020, so the current tax plan would be hard to remove.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/18/canadian-weed-giant-canopy-growth-strikes-deal-to-buy-acreage.html

CGC acquiring a company. It looks like the pot stocks are going higher.
First Page Last Page
Page 469 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.