Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,925,995 Views | 231453 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quacked
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At ATM option is $14
ProgN
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-biden-agenda-advances-in-congress-white-house-weighs-new-offensive-on-inflation/ar-AAQVVzI

Quote:

Even as Biden secures long-awaited progress on his legislative agenda, the White House is weighing action to confront other problems. They are considering whether to escalate an attack on parts of corporate America over rising consumer prices, according to an administration official and three people with knowledge of the discussions who spoke on the condition of anonymity to reflect private meetings.

Several outside advisers have pitched senior White House officials including White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain and White House National Economic Council Director Brian Deese on an offensive in which the administration would amplify criticisms of large firms in heavily concentrated industries for passing higher prices on to consumers as they benefit from high profits, the people familiar with the matter said. The effort would be aimed at both directing voters' attention to companies over inflation as well as giving companies a reason to think twice before raising prices. But the push could backfire, should it antagonize many of the firms it is highly dependent on to resolve supply chain pressures ahead of the holiday season.

The White House took a step in this direction earlier this week, with Biden urging the Federal Trade Commission to escalate its investigation of anti-competitive behavior in the oil and gas industry, which the president alleged was leading to higher prices for drivers at the pump. Administration officials have discussed launching similar measures, with aides discussing calling attention to consolidation in the grocery sector as food prices rise, two people familiar with the matter said.

This is ignorant and terrifying at the same time. Price fixing never works to fight rampant inflation. I swear these people didn't even take econ101 anytime in their whole lives.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Has everyone read Atlas Shrugged?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Oof yeah maybe I'll look for some spreads. Or sell an atm put for $13!
spud1910
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Has everyone read Atlas Shrugged?

Yep
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't know man. America's titans of industry aren't gonna hang it up and go play commune somewhere, that's just not how they're wired, and even if the current administration had a genie grant their every wish we'd still be have lower taxes and regulation than the eurozone and Australia, and we will always be more stable than the developing world.
Brewmaster
AG
NRD09 said:

I don't know man. America's titans of industry aren't gonna hang it up and go play commune somewhere, that's just not how they're wired, and even if the current administration had a genie grant their every wish we'd still be have lower taxes and regulation than the eurozone and Australia, and we will always be more stable than the developing world.
Yep, and I keep seeing (from good sources) that the GOP may pick up 50+ house seats and at least a few senate seats.

Also, not that MSM even covers it, but nothing Biden is trying to do lately is passing. The courts are smacking everything down (from vaxx mandates to oil production). and Durham has been quietly indicting and working his way up the Clinton tree.

and imagine the heads that would explode if Trump were speaker in 2022. LOL
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

NRD09 said:

Yep, and I keep seeing (from good sources) that the GOP may pick up 50+ house seats and at least a few senate seats.

Also, not that MSM even covers it, but nothing Biden is trying to do lately is passing. The courts are smacking everything down (from vaxx mandates to oil production). and Durham has been quietly indicting and working his way up the Clinton tree.

and imagine the heads that would explode if Trump were speaker in 2022. LOL
No one was prosecuted for the fraud of 2020 and they got away with it. They'll do it again. It only matters who counts the votes.
Ragoo
AG
Don't think they would do it for a mid term. They got caught. They know it. Two elections two years apart would be too convenient and obvious.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It's hard for the GOP to win. You're competing against "free" and taking away from successful people.
Brewmaster
AG
I understand where you're coming from. and yes many of the machines are still there, but the left's house of cards is crumbling on many fronts. Giuliani and Powell won their suits against Dominion. Things are just getting started. Get on Gab, there are some eye opening facts on there.
Brewmaster
AG

It's hard for the GOP to win. You're competing against "free" and taking away from successful people.
it will be quite easy in 2022 with captain incompetent at the helm of the Titanic. The complete end of the democratic party may be near. and yes I realize I hold extreme views even for Texags!
JCRiley09
AG
MAS444
AG
"Giuliani and Powell won their suits against Dominion."

Link?
DavysApprentice
AG
Is anyone here in Wish?

I know the small caps have been beat down but this one seems especially beaten over the last few months.

Wondering if anyone else thinks there may be a play here or if it is just headed for more pain
ProgN
DavysApprentice said:

Is anyone here in Wish?

I know the small caps have been beat down but this one seems especially beaten over the last few months.

Wondering if anyone else thinks there may be a play here or if it is just headed for more pain
WISH has been crushed, but it's rise was do to WSB and others on Twitter. If they come back to it, then it will rise, but IMO it's not an investment. If momentum returns and you can make some profit then dump it.

The breadth of the market is not great. The Nasdaq and SPX setting all time highs is from about 10-20 large cap stocks. Right now, that is creating a false sense of security because most of the lesser stocks in those indices are breaking down. If those 10-20 stocks break, then nothing will withstand the selling.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

it will be quite easy in 2022 with captain incompetent at the helm of the Titanic. The complete end of the democratic party may be near. and yes I realize I hold extreme views even for Texags!

I wouldn't underestimate them. Never sleep on your competition.
gougler08
AG
DavysApprentice said:

Is anyone here in Wish?

In my retirement account so I'm just patiently waiting for it to turn around
Irish 2.0
DavysApprentice said:

Is anyone here in Wish?

Have a good bit of Dec '22 $8 leaps that I'm carrying like a $1.40avg on.
McInnis 03
AG
Scuttlebutt is Fed chair announcement today by Biden.....
cageybee77
AG
DavysApprentice said:

Is anyone here in Wish?

such an ironic ticker. Imma stay away from it.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Who do we think the market would prefer?

I'm on vacation this week so I'm not playing anything, just curious.
Irish 2.0
Maximus_Meridius said:

McInnis 03 said:

Yellen would be ideal and get a new Sec. Of Treasury because we already know what to expect with her. We at least know what we're getting there
McInnis 03
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

McInnis 03 said:

I believe markets prefer non-change....so Powell would likely be preferred. Just my stupid uninformed opinion.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Just to clarify on this:

Biden has renominated Republican JPowell as the head of the Fed.
McInnis 03
AG
MOARRRR JPOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Printer cartridges everywhere letting out a sigh of despair
McInnis 03
AG
So on principal alone I shouldn't be watching this, but $HOOD sub-$30 looks like a money maker.........would love to see it test just below the prev low of 28.8, then come back up and scoop it on a RDR play.......
cageybee77
AG
bought some INVZ and MULN the other day...looks like they might gain a bit today.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Nice way to kick off the Santa rally!
Everybody loves a dirt road
irish pete ag06
AG
So... let's say the big correction happens. The bubbles pop. I haven't been trading long. Does buying puts just absolutely print in a market like that? Or does the IV go up on those so high it's hard to make it work?
McInnis 03
AG
Gold is freaking cratering.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

So on principal alone I shouldn't be watching this, but $HOOD sub-$30 looks like a money maker.........would love to see it test just below the prev low of 28.8, then come back up and scoop it on a RDR play.......
The SEC is so far up HOOD's ass that I'm not sure they're done getting their colonoscopy
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

Gold is freaking cratering.
JPOW!!
First Page Last Page
Page 4671 of 6613

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.