Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,104 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They will just change the ticker one day.
FJ43
ProgN said:

Max Stonetrail said:

First, kudos to everyone who posts their ideas on this thread. There is so much I have no idea how you guys keep up with it all.

I basically trade SPY and AMD. I watch AMD myself, and I have been using I think $30K and others predictions and charts on SPY based on technicals and charts. I have to say it has been spot on in most cases. A couple of weeks ago 427 was predicted as a floor on SPY and I traded off of that several times. Last week it was forecast we would go to 460. Traded on that in anticipation and had another good week.

I usually just wait for a pullback and pick a call that is a couple of weeks out and close to the money with around a 0.50 Delta. This has consistently returned a move of about $3.00 upside, which is about $1.50 on the call. I have been trying to close them all out intraday. I have made some pretty good size investments (well, bets to be honest), and I sleep a lot better not worrying about a limit down morning. I have played the long side mostly, but some shorts here and there.

I wanted to thank again the posters for all this information. I sometimes feel like I am taking advantage of all this great advice and analysis without contributing. I will try to post some of my trades throughout the week going forward.

I've unplugged from everything because I'm dealing with the likely death of my sister and being there for my mom because it's really hurting her (us), prayers are welcomed. Good post and you will learn more, the more you ask questions and interact.

This thread is a wealth of knowledge that is shared freely. It doesn't matter if you're a brain surgeon, 30K millionaire, wearing a Gus hat in cutoffs wearing boots on a beach, or have a green hammer on your desk, this thread provides what newsletter "gurus" charge for.

Even with having almost 3 decades of market experience I learn new things in this thread from others a lot. No one has unlocked the secret to the market, but you'll learn bits and pieces from others and everyone here wants you to avoid land mines that we've already stepped on.

So sorry to hear this Prog. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers each morning. Stay strong brother.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

jimmo
Praying for your sister and family
spud1910
AG
I am so sorry Prog. Praying for your sister, your mom and you.
cageybee77
AG
IRNT acting odd premarket - for no apparent reason?

n/m, a number of stonks are jumping around.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
T&P for your sister, prog. If you need to grab I drink or hit the heavy bag for a bit say when.
austinAG90
AG
Monday Macros. Thoughts and Prayers Prog.

Equity MELT-UP...Bonds Reverse...Fed /Non Farm Will Make This Week EPIC

Expect a wild week with the Fed and other Central Banks in the spot light.. Inflation is no longer transitory and the new acronym of the week is REW... Rent Inflation, Energy inflation (green inflation) and Wage inflation... We saw that in decade record ECI numbers last week, and Amazon showed us it remains as one of its two biggest inflation trends along with shipping (supply chain) soaring costs... But first lets get back to the overnight.

Equities are in a melt-up phase as S+P and other indices are setting new records AGAIN... Bonds are reversing some of the month end allocations from Friday . 10 years have hit 1.59 overnight...we do not think it stops there...European equities are up another 1% in Italy where both Italy and France are up over 23% YTD... Not bad for investors... Even the Nikkei was up 2.61% overnight...Chinese equities continue to get hit, both Hang Sang and the CSI were down overnight and both remain negative YTD... Evergrande and related housing companies continue to struggle while power shortages plague China and manufacturing, where Manufacturing PMI is in contraction territory...

The Fed... Tapering is the expectation on Wednesday... Should start November 15, with a 10 billion a month reduction for treasuries and a 5 billion a month reduction in mortgage buying...this should continue every month until tapering is ended by June 2022... GS has the Fed starting to raise rates in July 2022, but we think this will come a few months later...depends on the circumstances at the time... The markets are much more aggressive in rate rising globally than the Fed, which we think is correct... Could the Fed come off Dovish on Wednesday? It could but we doubt it... The true term and meaning of transitory is dead, and the Fed seems to understand that... We will outline the three scenarios we see from the Fed meeting tomorrow... But understand, it takes the markets about 18 hours to digest the Fed so do not be surprised to see the real trend start on Thursday, and be extreme right before the employment number Friday... The Fed realizes that the labor markets are in a massive shortage and inflation has gotten away from them... We will have to see how they spin it... But the Anglophone Central Banks are all in a tightening mode...BOC, RBA, New Zealand, BOE... And pressure will continue to build on the Fed

Inflation is rampant, setting multi decade highs... Our new term, taken from a Macrovoices Pod cast we listened to in driving, is REW...Rent inflation, Energy inflation and Wage inflation... All three are not transitory and will continue to push inflation higher.. The other term we picked up is Energy Green Inflation... To put simply, with WTI at 84, one would have thought fracking would speed up to make up the difference... Who cares about Russia and the Saudi's, but that has not happened because investors and banks are being pressured not to fund oil exploration and fracking... And global consumers are paying through the nose... Natural gas is 5 times higher in Asia and Europe... And surprising to us is that Cushing deliverable gas storage is down to 30% of capacity.. Remember this is what is deliverable... Expect to see a big spike to 100+ in WTI

Rates... 1.52 to 1.62 in the short term for 10 years...but we would not be surprised to see 1.70 and 1.76 break in 10 years... 5 years is closing in on 1.25 again, and should reach 1.31... If those numbers are broken than we could easily go back another 25 basis to 1.56 5 years and 2% 10 years, respectively... It could go the other way... We saw over 15mm dvo1 in block trades last week.. The curve is all over the place... 20/30 are inverted but that is not important... The treasury should have done 50 years rather than 20 years.. But that is another issue... 2/10 and 5/30's are important... In 5/30, currently 76, could get back to .85 and possibly 100... But .56 is in the cards... Still until either 2/10 or 5/30 go inverted, we expect higher rates...again 18 hours after the Fed presser

Corporates should have another decent week...we expect over 100 billion for November... As equities soar, reallocation from balancer's will give a bid for corporate bonds...hard to believe that in 3/09 HY was 18.7% while today it is 4.3%

Equities will continue to melt up... We are a fully invested bear at the moment... But even when the Fed starts to raise rates, they will be slow... And for now companies seem to be able to pass through costs...
McInnis 03
AG
ProgN said:

Max Stonetrail said:

First, kudos to everyone who posts their ideas on this thread. There is so much I have no idea how you guys keep up with it all.

I basically trade SPY and AMD. I watch AMD myself, and I have been using I think $30K and others predictions and charts on SPY based on technicals and charts. I have to say it has been spot on in most cases. A couple of weeks ago 427 was predicted as a floor on SPY and I traded off of that several times. Last week it was forecast we would go to 460. Traded on that in anticipation and had another good week.

I usually just wait for a pullback and pick a call that is a couple of weeks out and close to the money with around a 0.50 Delta. This has consistently returned a move of about $3.00 upside, which is about $1.50 on the call. I have been trying to close them all out intraday. I have made some pretty good size investments (well, bets to be honest), and I sleep a lot better not worrying about a limit down morning. I have played the long side mostly, but some shorts here and there.

I wanted to thank again the posters for all this information. I sometimes feel like I am taking advantage of all this great advice and analysis without contributing. I will try to post some of my trades throughout the week going forward.

I've unplugged from everything because I'm dealing with the likely death of my sister and being there for my mom because it's really hurting her (us), prayers are welcomed. Good post and you will learn more, the more you ask questions and interact.

This thread is a wealth of knowledge that is shared freely. It doesn't matter if you're a brain surgeon, 30K millionaire, wearing a Gus hat in cutoffs wearing boots on a beach, or have a green hammer on your desk, this thread provides what newsletter "gurus" charge for.

Even with having almost 3 decades of market experience I learn new things in this thread from others a lot. No one has unlocked the secret to the market, but you'll learn bits and pieces from others and everyone here wants you to avoid land mines that we've already stepped on.

You're one of the kindest people on this entire thread. You're nothing but positive and encouraging, cautious and responsible.

I am SO sorry for what you're going through and will say a prayer for y'all.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
T & P to you. May God be with your family at this time to provide strength and comfort.
FTAG 2000
AG
Sorry to hear Prog. Thinking of you and your family. Put in a little word with the man upstairs for y'all.
Saltyag15
AG
Prayers up for you, Prog.

Saltyag15
AG
OA sure nailed those IMMR calls. It's up about $1.30/shr since he posted that play last week or the week before.
FishrCoAg
AG
Prayers.
SpeedyAg90
AG
Just saw but high dividend stock EPD looks like a steal. With high natural gas prices, gonna load up, especially with earnings coming up.
FTAG 2000
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

Just saw but high dividend stock EPD looks like a steal. With high natural gas prices, gonna load up, especially with earnings coming up.
Keep in mind ex-div was last Thursday, it's already lost juice since then.
FTAG 2000
AG
FUBO going.
Brewmaster
AG
T&P for Prog's family
La Bamba
AG
Triple_Bagger
VIX up 8.5%. Careful taking longs while VIX is rising.
Ragoo
AG
Taking an earnings play on MARA.

$55/$70c vertical next week expiry.
Ags2013
AG
T&P Prog. I just got back from my wife's cousin's funeral and saw the pain of losing a sibling/child from her family. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anybody.
cptthunder
Anyone having trouble with ATP? Ive got live quotes showing but the charts are not staying up to date
FTAG 2000
AG
Grabbing some CLOV Nov $8Cs. Earnings next week. Don't intend to hold until then, looking for a run up between now and the 8th.
Max Stonetrail
I got in 11/19 SPY C after the reversal at $4.91. I think we can get back to 460's today. I like what was said about the melt up in the Daily Macros. Even with tapering on the horizon there is a lot of money being pumped into this market.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm not seeing any news on $SAVA, but it moved up >7% in the opening hour on decent volume. It crossed the 5/9/10 MAs pretty easy before flagging a bit. Mmmmmaybe?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Same for me. I restarted and now my index charts and VIX are updating, but individual stock charts aren't updating.
cptthunder
AG 2000' said:

Grabbing some CLOV Nov $8Cs. Earnings next week. Don't intend to hold until then, looking for a run up between now and the 8th.

Seems like some weird stuff going on, im in the nov 11c and the stock is up 3% but the options are down ~10%
FTAG 2000
AG
IWM just flew through the long time (February) resistance price of $230.

Take your small cap profits where you can, expect them to get hammered if the Fed announces tapering this week.

cptthunder
Tomas Hermensa said:

Same for me. I restarted and now my index charts and VIX are updating, but individual stock charts aren't updating.
Same for me right now, I can change between time frames(1min, 5min etc) and it will update but nothing live
This is beyond annoying

Back UP.... thank goodness that was annoying
jbeck3487
AG
Praying for you and your family Prog
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU, UAL, LUV
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Very sorry.
Talon2DSO
AG
My prayers are with you and your family, Prog. I know there is very little we can write here to bring you comfort but know that you're being prayed for and thought of.
frankm01
ATP is having issues. From site:

ATTENTION: We are aware of a timestamp issue and are currently working with our data provider to resolve. Quotes are accurate but timestamps are 1 hour behind. Due to this issue, charts may not stream. As a temporary solution, we recommend that you change the symbol or change the frequency to update the price bars.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AMC shareholders get a free large popcorn!
First Page Last Page
Page 4598 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.