Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,625 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leoj said:

Another thing to keep an eye on, 8 month long consolidation

Been saying this for a month or more. Even lost money buying puts thinking it was going to find it's final low while it never did.

But it still could. If you really think about it, Russell, Dow, Nasdaq and S&P were moving hand in hand. Huge bull runs over the last decade. All dipped during Covid. But Russell got so far over extended over the others it tanked in March (small cap sell off) and then went sideways as it was extremely over sold. Since then, it's almost like it's been waiting on the others to catch up.

So either all of the indexes are about to have a small correction and then enter a huge bull run, or all of the indexes are going to have a larger leg of the past month's correction, bottom, and then start a massive bull run. Because they are all caught up.

I'm telling you.. the next 2-4 months.. it won't matter what you bet on. Everything will be rampaging higher. Just know where the tops are (I'll provide wave counts on all indexes) so you don't get stuck like a lot of us did this past March.
Triple_Bagger
SPX trying to fill this mornings gap up from 4567
BTFD
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

AMD wave chart to illustrate what I'm seeing.

thanks for posting your thoughts!

seems like a great put trade to use as a hedge too. I might go put spreads.
mazag08
AG
AG 2000' said:

PROG through a massive wall at $4. Time to go?
It's already extended 200% from it's initial move off it's bottom. I could see it cool off and consolidate between $2 and $3 for a little while before starting the next move that will ultimately take it north of $9 to complete a cup dating back to last year.

EDIT: But this is a WSB play right now, so anything can happen.
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

I'm telling you.. the next 2-4 months.. it won't matter what you bet on. Everything will be rampaging higher. Just know where the tops are (I'll provide wave counts on all indexes) so you don't get stuck like a lot of us did this past March.
Dan Scott
AG
If things get ugly, the time is now. We had a what looks like a blowoff top this morning and now earnings from Big tech which have a lot of weight on the S&P. FB was blah, AMZN, GOOGL, AAPL, MSFT coming up
Thundergon
CrazyRichAggie said:

probably a dumb question but how does option pricing move pre market?
You recently switched to IBKR, right? I've noticed that during extended hours and pre-market, the value and net gain/loss of each option position will update in the account but the premium won't update. It won't show the premium until regular market hours, but you can manually calculate the premium based on number of contracts and the daily gain/loss. Neat tool to estimate what the contracts are worth in case you want to sell at opening bell.
BrokeAssAggie
Yes, I just switched. Thanks!
BrokeAssAggie
mazag08 said:

AG 2000' said:

PROG through a massive wall at $4. Time to go?
It's already extended 200% from it's initial move off it's bottom. I could see it cool off and consolidate between $2 and $3 for a little while before starting the next move that will ultimately take it north of $9 to complete a cup dating back to last year.

EDIT: But this is a WSB play right now, so anything can happen.
Bull flag forming on the 15 min. I think we close today $4.50 to $5
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Vix dropping, recession canceled
mazag08
AG
Yall , I know GILD disappointed with it's drop back under $70. But earnings are Thursday and this thing has a gap at $69.80 from the end of September when it initiated it's drop. I think it's going to close that gap and then it has a date with a long term descending trendline dating back to it's ATH in 2015. If it pegged off of that by Nov expiration it would meet it's high from August at $73.34. If it tried to hit that after earnings Thursday it would be $73.90.

It's looking to me like this thing's next mid term target is $77-$78. I won't try and predict how fast it gets there, as I think it needs to take out this gap first and then come back a little before going higher, especially since the current shape of the move from the 2020 low is diagonal and not impulsive. But if this earnings report boosts it up, it could be sooner rather than later. If that happened, I would expect the following move to be a retrace down between the current level and the low $70's.

In summary, the next move up, possibly starting after earnings Thursday, and the depth of the correction afterward would define the shape of it's long term trajectory and help us get clear levels to predict.

I still see high 80's at the ultimate landing spot. Likely next year but who knows.
Red Rover
AG
Dan Scott said:

If things get ugly, the time is now. We had a what looks like a blowoff top this morning and now earnings from Big tech which have a lot of weight on the S&P. FB was blah, AMZN, GOOGL, AAPL, MSFT coming up

My belief as well. Reaction to big tech earnings and guidance will drive the market for the rest of this year. The next two weeks will show us the way.
McInnis 03
AG
Woah, Twitter pumper arrested

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/stock-trader-arrested-and-charged-securities-fraud-using-his-twitter-account-operate

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
SpeedyAg90
AG
Holding all of my net free 11/26 $10 OCGN Calls. I have a feeling this price action let's some shorts escape but I think it's gonna run.
FTAG 2000
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

Holding all of my net free 11/26 $10 OCGN Calls. I have a feeling this price action let's some shorts escape but I think it's gonna run.
I foresee them shorting it down more between now and next Tuesday when the WHO reconvenes. Expecting a lower entry point on this if wanted.
Chipotlemonger
AG
RenoAg said:

MBIO having a decent run up from its low this morning on decent volume too. Was that the bottom?

Saw that too. Any reason for the bump today?
FTAG 2000
AG
All I can come up with on MBIO is it hit a significant support line going back to December 2019. Doesn't seem to be any news anywhere.
FTAG 2000
AG
PFE working on a breakout on the daily. Punching through the 200 SMA and 55DEMA with every other EMA curled up.

Could get approval from the FDA today on vaccines for children and boostersI

*this is not a post in support of either vaxes for kids or boosters, just a chart/news play
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/stock-trader-arrested-and-charged-securities-fraud-using-his-twitter-account-operate

damn! Zack best save some of that car wasting money for a top notch lawyer. Wow!
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

damn! Zack best save some of that car wasting money for a top notch lawyer. Wow!

Seriously, if the SEC is going to put effort into seeking out twitter pumper/dumpers, there's at least half a dozen major ones I can think they will easily target.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Seriously, if the SEC is going to put effort into seeking out twitter pumper/dumpers, there's at least half a dozen major ones I can think they will easily target.

And if they could have a word with the crew who came up with the SAVA short attack / citizen's petition too, well, that would be okay with me.
ProgN
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

And if they could have a word with the crew who came up with the SAVA short attack / citizen's petition too, well, that would be okay with me.
The fact that the guy that orchestrated this short attack can remain anonymous is criminal in my opinion.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

And the big surprise today RGS with a big positive today on decent volume. Maybe time for a run?

Narrator: It was not, in fact, time for a run.
KaneIsAble
AG
Definitely read that in Morgan Freeman's voice
sts7049
AG
Zack is already tweeting audios talking about "be careful" and "set your stop losses on entries" like he's trying to cover his own ass
mazag08
AG
AMD with the blast off fake out?

Got up over $125 and now falling.
Saltyag15
AG
MSFT looking good after posting record earnings.
Triple_Bagger
GOOGL beat earnings and down 2.5% AH
BTFD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

GOOGL beat earnings and down 2.5% AH
Typical. I'll never understand this.
BaylorSpineGuy
What better way to follow up a rip with an absolute crapping of the bed.
ProgN
I hope no one here is in CRTX
Triple_Bagger
Hope that doesn't effect the other AD stocks. They like to move together.
BTFD
leoj
AG
McInnis 03
AG
SOMEONE JUST F'D UP BUYING BRK.A

B&I Key:
Triple_Bagger
Triple_Bagger said:

Hope that doesn't effect the other AD stocks. They like to move together.
Looks like it might. SAVA making new lows of the day AH
BTFD
First Page Last Page
Page 4586 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.