Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,006,033 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NIO hitting into juicy territory for the next round of long trades. I am buying 25% of the 50% sold back. Unplanned but I like to see the big ask coming in as a signal that they are driving out the remaining nervous holders.
docaggie
AG
E said:

Anyone in RIG? Apparently a big investor bought a ton of shares last week and they announced today that a couple rigs got big contracts
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4247803-transocean-reports-disappointing-dayrates-new-drillship-contracts
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NIO hitting into juicy territory for the next round of long trades. I am buying 25% of the 50% sold back. Unplanned but I like to see the big ask coming in as a signal that they are driving out the remaining nervous holders.
Here's what that looks like. Haven't mentioned much on NIO after exiting the $10.50 and taking the covered call positions on rest but now I've closed the covered calls and some Puts and am buying back as we patiently waited for the day over day drop to show signs of major support. That doesn't mean it can't go lower but it does mean even if it does it will come back above here quickly on the first green day off this trend drop. And this might be the bottom.

Also, today has more volume than Friday. Volume selling had been tapering downward last 3 days of the drop so todays drop having the increased volume shows big money taking the volume on.

Lastly - Remember the yellow trade indicator showing seeking directional move? Look at the last 10 minutes. All yellow. And as I typed a million share buy came in sending it to $6.66.

Isn't this fun?!
jmcfar_98
AG
Or 1mm volume? That just hit
cjo03
AG
clifton06 said:

Turtle Beach update -- Went to Target last night and got my numbers. My previous $517k in TB sales did NOT include Saturday sales. r I was unsure before as explained in my research. Week of Sunday 3/3 through Saturday 3/9. Target sold $618K of Turtle Beach. 440K to Turtle Beach due to mark-up from Target alone. The research can be found on pages 404 and 406.

Can you elaborate on the 'Target guy in electronics' from page 404 approach? I am not doubting your numbers or POV, just truly curious about some (what appears to be) random worker providing this data. Same guy? Different guy? Scanning all turtle products individually and doing your own math? Etc..
oldarmy1
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Or 1mm volume? That just hit
Just edited to add that. It wasn't me
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Probable new basing on JD $26.85 area.
gougler08
AG
DE looking to follow it's same Darvis Box pattern with a 3-4 day green candle rise up to 162+...should I hold the call one more day to see if it completes it?
ProgN
OA, where do you see RPD going?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Lot of support around $380 so if markets make a move higher it likely makes it back to $400.
Nails. Thank you for your help,
silvey77
AG
cjo03 said:

clifton06 said:

Turtle Beach update -- Went to Target last night and got my numbers. My previous $517k in TB sales did NOT include Saturday sales. r I was unsure before as explained in my research. Week of Sunday 3/3 through Saturday 3/9. Target sold $618K of Turtle Beach. 440K to Turtle Beach due to mark-up from Target alone. The research can be found on pages 404 and 406.

Can you elaborate on the 'Target guy in electronics' from page 404 approach? I am not doubting your numbers or POV, just truly curious about some (what appears to be) random worker providing this data. Same guy? Different guy? Scanning all turtle products individually and doing your own math? Etc..
Different people different stores (whatever I am closest to. I have them scan every single TB product on the shelves. Example TB stealth 600P black =$35k TB stealth 600P white= $43k Battle Buds = 18K TB recon 50x black= 32K etc.etc. etc. I do the math myself, and then try not to jump up and down while leaving.
No man in the wrong can stand against a man in the right that keeps on a comin'
Ragoo
AG
Target because they are more forth coming with the data? What about Best Buy? Walmart? Etc?
leoj
AG
Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) gains 3.6% on a Mac Rumors report that negotiations are nearly finalized to support Apple's (AAPL +3.3%) AirPlay 2.

Sources say the AirPlay 2 integration will come through a Roku OS software update. Roku-enabled smart televisions will also get AirPlay 2 support.
cjo03
AG
Ragoo said:

Target because they are more forth coming with the data? What about Best Buy? Walmart? Etc?

Kinda where my mind was going.. less about this particular brand but retail in general. I'm not close enough to store PoS systems, so learning something new here.

Next thing we know, OA will be walking into DKS to get the latest Kaepernick Jersey sales, to evaluate a position in NKE!
silvey77
AG
Ragoo said:

Not forthcoming with the data. I estimated those 2 and Amazon using overall electronic sales data as described in the report. The sales are likely highest at gamestop. I called lots of them to get an idea, but that is still a sample. You have to extrapolate a sample so there is definitely a margin of error. Knowing what I know, and knowing how good they are selling at Target, I made my estimates on the conservative side because of the margin of error. It is technically possible for me to be wrong and Turtle Beach suddenly started doubling their target output without doubling anywhere else. I know they had two headsets hit the top 100 gaming items on Amazon. I know Best Buy said gaming headsets made a material difference to their financials on the positive side. I know Turtle Beach owns 48% of North American market share in gaming headsets. I know Target is literally selling these things as fast as they can put them on the shelf.

I am not 100% certain. Stocks can be fickle and it is possible for my numbers to be right and the stock not move. However the likelihood is high that the stock will eventually show the numbers and my numbers are closer to being right than wrong. (I give it 90%+ that it will be over $20 And less than 2% that it is below $15 By June 1)
ProgN
leoj said:

Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) gains 3.6% on a Mac Rumors report that negotiations are nearly finalized to support Apple's (AAPL +3.3%) AirPlay 2.

Sources say the AirPlay 2 integration will come through a Roku OS software update. Roku-enabled smart televisions will also get AirPlay 2 support.
It's going to take out it's high.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

DE looking to follow it's same Darvis Box pattern with a 3-4 day green candle rise up to 162+...should I hold the call one more day to see if it completes it?
Yes
oldarmy1
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Lot of support around $380 so if markets make a move higher it likely makes it back to $400.
Nails. Thank you for your help,
Did you sell on the flash above that 400 magnet??? I would
ProgN
leoj said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/11/apple-announces-march-25-event-video-and-news-services-expected.html
Quote:

Apple just announced a press event that will take place on March 25.

It's where Apple is expected to introduce a new streaming TV service that will, at least to start, offer iPhone and iPad owners access to free original showsthat will be provided along with the option to sign up for other streaming services including Starz and Showtime, CNBC reported earlier this year. The service is expected to launch as soon as April or May, but won't include Netflix or Hulu, CNBC reported.

The Wall Street Journal reported in February that the company is also planning a revamped Apple News product that will include a bundle of subscriptions from major news outlets in a single monthly plan. The new Apple News product will be based on Texture, the so-called "Netflix for magazines" app that Apple bought in 2018. Publishers have been resistant to Apple's revenue sharing terms, so some news outlets might not be a part of it at launch, according to The Wall Street Journal.

There's also a chance Apple could announce some new hardware.

It has been about a year since Apple introduced new iPads. The iPad Pro was refreshed in October, but Apple hasn't updated the regular, low-cost $329 iPad since last March. According to a February report from TF Securities' Ming Chi Kuo, Apple will announce a new 10.2-inch iPad to replace its standard 9.7-inch iPad some time this year. The timing seems right for Apple to do it at its event, since it could use the new iPad to demo how its video and news services work
Is the ROKU news related to this just released news?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

OA, where do you see RPD going?
Taking the profits when its flashing on $50
badharambe
AG
badharambe said:

2763 looks like key resistance level on /Es going forward. First line in the sand to see if this is just a bounce or something more. 50% retracement closer to 2771.

Wow! Incredibly strong day today. Bravo market! I imagine quite a bit of shorts got squeezed as today's volume appears to pretty low. I just stepped into some shorts here around 2783, which is the last key fib level imo before retracing the entire down move.

Edit: also see chart resistance at 2785.
ProgN
thanks
oldarmy1
AG
SONO came under $10 but I didn't pull the trigger. Watching it on the news that big insider, who clearly isn't a professional trader, sold over 200k shares at $9.83 avg. If he let me tell him when to sell he would have had a cool $1M more. $750k after paying me $250k
Colt98
AG
So with the ROKU,sq, de mar calls... with time running thin when's a good time to take profits? Time decay always seems to bite me in the butt
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

So with the ROKU,sq, de mar calls... with time running thin when's a good time to take profits? Time decay always seems to bite me in the butt
YES!
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/11/faa-boeing-737-max-planes-are-still-airworthy.html
Quote:

FAA says Boeing 737 MAX planes are still airworthy: Source
Ragoo
AG
clifton06 said:

Ragoo said:

Not forthcoming with the data. I estimated those 2 and Amazon using overall electronic sales data as described in the report. The sales are likely highest at gamestop. I called lots of them to get an idea, but that is still a sample. You have to extrapolate a sample so there is definitely a margin of error. Knowing what I know, and knowing how good they are selling at Target, I made my estimates on the conservative side because of the margin of error. It is technically possible for me to be wrong and Turtle Beach suddenly started doubling their target output without doubling anywhere else. I know they had two headsets hit the top 100 gaming items on Amazon. I know Best Buy said gaming headsets made a material difference to their financials on the positive side. I know Turtle Beach owns 48% of North American market share in gaming headsets. I know Target is literally selling these things as fast as they can put them on the shelf.

I am not 100% certain. Stocks can be fickle and it is possible for my numbers to be right and the stock not move. However the likelihood is high that the stock will eventually show the numbers and my numbers are closer to being right than wrong. (I give it 90%+ that it will be over $20 And less than 2% that it is below $15 By June 1)
great info and research

When I think "buying gaming hardware" target is certainly not at the top of my list. So the strong numbers there would seem to bode well for true tech retailers.
gougler08
AG
SUM going to finish above that resistance line today, run baby run
silvey77
AG
In addition, it is much easier to get data for companies that sell a homogeneous product than for companies that have diverse holdings. I would love to do this for Logitech, but I can't. They own stuff all over the place, and sell it through hundreds of channels. I got lucky by the chick-fil-a guy telling me that Turtle Beach have good products and are worth looking into, and that the product offering is small enough to get actual data for.
EngrAg14
AG
Has anyone been able to confirm the march 12/14th earnings date for HEAR?
ProgN
EngrAg14 said:

Has anyone been able to confirm the march 12/14th earnings date for HEAR?
Per TDameritrade:
Quote:

• Turtle Beach Corporation (NASDAQ: HEAR) shares rose 4.9 percent to $16.20 in pre-market trading. Turtle Beach is expected to release Q4 results on March 14.

silvey77
AG
TURTLE BEACH CORPORATION TO REPORT FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL YEAR 2018 FINANCIAL RESULTS ON THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2019
San Diego, CA March 7, 2019 Turtle Beach Corporation (NASDAQ: HEAR), the leading gaming headset and audio accessory brand, announced it will report financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2018 on Thursday, March 14, 2019.

The Company's financial results for the period will be reported via press release after the close of regular stock market trading hours, followed by a conference call at 5:00 p.m. ET / 2:00 p.m. PT with the Company's CEO, Juergen Stark, and CFO, John Hanson.

Conference Call Details:
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m. ET / 2:00 p.m. PT
Toll-Free Dial-in Number: (877) 303-9855
International Dial-in Number: (408) 337-0154
Conference ID: 5785276
ProgN
SFIX up 20% AH
ProgN
A caller into Mad Money just asked Cramer about NIO. He said that it looks good for a trade.

FWIW
First Page Last Page
Page 422 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.