Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,105,244 Views | 224604 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Brewmaster
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gotsand said:

oldarmy said:

Hear either begins moving up tomorrow or Monday. How high can it get will be the question. I think $17.50 call holders will have to risk holding through earnings and hope for blowout results.
I cannot stand having to resort to hope as a trading strategy (but it happens).
i suspect they pushed earnings up against the 3/15 date so they can have as much sales data as possible so they can report better future guidance.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
They should with their short float.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Say, hypothetically, I am sold on the fundamentals of HEAR.

Would selling 4/18 puts at 15 strike might be a solid option here?. Premium was $2.10, putting net entry at $12.90 if put. Based on the DD I've seen here, it seems like a solid entry point baring a horrible earnings report, which seem unlikely.

Possibly better would be the 6/19 $12.5 puts. Premium was $2.20, which makes net entry if put $10.30, which is pretty close to support seen in December. Ties up cash a bit longer, but if you're a believer in HEAR...

Seems too easy. What am I missing?

edit: My main concern is broader market weakness in over the option period.
IrishTxAggie
AG
If they knock earnings out of the park you can always buy the puts back and collect a little less premium, but free up the equity.
Aggie_2463
AG
Well looks like another red day for the market (good for my 401k mutual funds I moved to bond fund last month and now waiting to re-enter), I expect HEAR to float around mid 15s while the market stays red. Atleast she's holding
La Bamba
AG
Roku down to 67.

And boy did it bounce. Nice early morning buying opportunity.
Colt98
AG
That's a good thing for me. Getting called out of my stock at 57, I'm trying to re enter and think 65 will be a good spot( if it ever gets there)
ProgN
RIG is ripe for taking a trading position.
gougler08
AG
SUM right off that 18 mark again, if we can get the market to bounce up next week, could see it break through and run a bit
ProgN
OA said SQ at $72 was a buy, anyone looking at calls on that one?
Philip J Fry
AG
claym711 said:

My macro trenders started flipping short March 5. Everything turned this morning. 2700 is ripe for a test.
Colt98
AG
I bought the sq mar 15 75 tthis morning. Also bought ROKU 70
ProgN
I went long ROKU stock at $68.73 this morning
ProgN
La Bamba said:

Roku down to 67.

I was just coming here to say this post didn't age well. J/K we're all in the same boat my friend.
La Bamba
AG
I can edit the text, but the emoji remains
gougler08
AG
DE having a good day
Nickw8586
Anyone have thoughts on how to play JILL? Earnings report beat expectations and they are issuing a special dividend of $1.15/share. Saw a big shot up over the last 2 days due to the announcement but is seeing a pullback today with overall market. Not sure it is a great long play as it is a retailer but a 17% dividend on a stock that is outperforming expectations seems solid.
gougler08
AG
ALGN showing a hammer technical so far after the big drop this week, may be a good spot to sell puts
tramaro1
AG
Prognightmare said:

La Bamba said:

Roku down to 67.

I was just coming here to say this post didn't age well. J/K we're all in the same boat my friend.

So glad I pulled the trigger and bought more calls on that huge dip this morning!!!
TombstoneTex
AG
I'm guessing if I sold a call and forgot to designate it as "covered" there isn't a way to go and do that after the fact?

Edit to add: Rookie question! Which is why I made the mistake in the first place...
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Nah, if you already own the shares those are what will be called away should the option exercise.

edit: if you just sold a naked call and want it to be covered, simply buy 100 shares of the underlying equity per contract. Be aware of your entry relative to your strike plus premium though.
TombstoneTex
AG
gotsand said:

Nah, if you already own the shares those are what will be called away should the option exercise.

edit: if you just bought a naked call and want it to be covered, simply buy 100 shares of the underlying equity per contract. Be aware of your entry relative to your strike plus premium though.
I sold a call without specifically selecting the "covered call" option in TD ameritrade (which I noticed on the browser version and not the mobile app). I do have the shares from a previous purchase though. Good to know the ones I own would be called away if the option exercises.

Was not too worried with owning the stock since any timing risk would be minimal.

Thanks for the help!

Edit to correct "bought a call" to "sold a call"
khkman22
AG
HYC_AG said:

gotsand said:

edit: if you just bought a naked call and want it to be covered, simply buy 100 shares of the underlying equity per contract. Be aware of your entry relative to your strike plus premium though.
I bought a call without specifically selecting the "covered call" option in TD ameritrade (which I noticed on the browser version and not the mobile app). I do have the shares from a previous purchase though. Good to know the ones I own would be called away if the option exercises.

Was not too worried with owning the stock since any timing risk would be minimal.

Thanks for the help!
Here you say you bought, but previously said you sold a call. Did you buy or sell the call? If you bought a call, it can't be covered against your shares.
TombstoneTex
AG
Oops *facepalm*, good catch! I did sell the call and corrected above.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
No worries, I did the same thing you did. The option you wrote should be covered by your existing shares..
E
AG
MNGA / TRNX announced a buyback and it has been booming today.

https://m.nasdaq.com/article/taronis-completes-convertible-preferred-buyback-20190308-00625
IrishTxAggie
AG
They're trying to prop up the stock price so they don't get delisted.
Post removed:
by user
E
AG
Thats ok with me as I plan on getting out early
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

DE having a good day

Who bought DE calls yesterday? Who was that. Can't quite put my finger on it.

How about TRNX buying back all of their preferred shares? Finally a longer term positive move.
oldarmy1
AG
Did everyone get their SQ entry below $72?

Dont doubt me!
oldarmy1
AG
TRNX might make a push higher AH with it holding near highs. That or a Monday spike. Let's get this back over $1!
E
AG
I can finally recoup some of my previous losses from them

*knocks on wood*
E
AG
ROSE finally had a good day, just $.05 more and i'm finally green!

*knocks on wood*
Colt98
AG
Real quick question before close. When trading( as stated this morning, bought both ROKU 70 sq 75 mar 15). Missed selling ROKU when it hit 72. Should I these through weekend, or sell in next 10 min? Not really a question on SQ, think it goes above 75 soon. And that statement probably answers my question about ROKU also, just curious y'alls thoughts..9
First Page Last Page
Page 419 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.