Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,947 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by cryption
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

OA coming in hot this thursday morning!

Are you still in SUM?

SUM is all I have green today, but hopefully that means we can bust out of this flag pattern if markets rebound soon
jmcfar_98
AG
In the same boat. Only thing green today
oldarmy1
AG
The purpose of thes pullbacks is to scare weak or un-hedged holders out of stocks. We talked last week about being a good entry on the 2750 ES Mini Puts out to mid March. Well I cashed those in with premium decay ramping up after today. BUT I entered 2700 Strikes just in case we lose this 3 day pullback trend continuation. It could go 4 days as long as we don't break 2725.

oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

E said:

OA coming in hot this thursday morning!

Are you still in SUM?

SUM is all I have green today, but hopefully that means we can bust out of this flag pattern if markets rebound soon
I posted selling half of SUM as it was approaching $18. I do not have a hedge on the rest at this point. I want to see another breakout continuation before locating a hedge cheaper.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The purpose of thes pullbacks is to scare weak or un-hedged holders out of stocks. We talked last week about being a good entry on the 2750 ES Mini Puts out to mid March. Well I cashed those in with premium decay ramping up after today. BUT I entered 2700 Strikes just in case we lose this 3 day pullback trend continuation. It could go 4 days as long as we don't break 2725.

Note the MACD line crossing back in December to red before the larger drop? Note that we just crossed back to green even with the 3 day pullback. So far the markets are technically saying continuation unless Trump or something unseen decides to come kill the party.
oldarmy1
AG
As I was pasting this I see NIO did break to $7.25...lol

Aggie_2463
AG
At least when the market's all red, it's just another day for HEAR hanging around that mid $15 range.
J_Landes89
AG
BPTH up 300% today?!? Wow

Then I check and notice it's down $800 a share last 5Y..

Insane
oldarmy1
AG
Bought M arch 15 Strike $20 of BOX for a cheap stock support level hold and bounce. Only 12 cents on hidden buys. Otherwise 15 cents. Going cheap on this because we don't have markets confirming a continuation yet - but the options will move higher if markets do.

High risk high reward on low capital exposure on this one.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

At least when the market's all red, it's just another day for HEAR hanging around that mid $15 range.
Definitely a sign of major support
oldarmy1
AG
NIO getting close to a guaranteed $7 flash break.
oldarmy1
AG
750k minute volume going for a red/green reversal right now. That means I execute next buys, and did.

If keeping score on NIO re-entry I am picking up a total of 300k shares. I now have purchased two lots of 50k $7.28 and $7.10 for 100k shares average $7.19 entry. The larger volumes show big buyers willing to take the selling, so if the green red ends without continuation I still expect $7 to be lost and that's where the bulk of the 200k remaining purchases take place. If it bounces and this becomes days lows then I am happy with 100k shares headed back upward for a trade.

Make sense?
Philip J Fry
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Prognightmare said:

OA told me $7.25 yesterday
Thanks. Just got in at $7.40.

And never mind. Started this post before I read yours.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Did anyone get a definitive answer as to when earnings are being released? I'll make some calls if not.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
deleted: I was late typing
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Did anyone get a definitive answer as to when earnings are being released? I'll make some calls if not.
Only thing folks are saying is mid-march. Supposedly based upon reaching out to their PR dept directly.
IrishTxAggie
AG
God help them if they go past the option expiration. There will be some major anarchy.
ProgN
What do you think about the graph of RIG?
oldarmy1
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Prognightmare said:

OA told me $7.25 yesterday
Thanks. Just got in at $7.40.

And never mind. Started this post before I read yours.
Saw your question and it did break that yesterday. People choosing to buy need to understand that it will now be a while for any true upward momentum. Earnings are done. You see the parabola volume into earnings and after earnings that shot the stock higher and downward. All that volume will now dissipate into longer term holders versus traders. Shorts will continue due to the lowering volume pushing and prodding to see just how much breakdown they can get.

PIN THIS POST TO BRING UP SHOULD THEY MANAGE A FULL ON $6 Major support retest. It wouldn't be shocking and is why I am saying to own a Put backstop that will make you money on their games.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

What do you think about the graph of RIG?
Darvis Box $8-$9 since January 9th clear as a bell.
ProgN
Thank you
oldarmy1
AG
I bought DE $160 Strike Calls March 15. Hit lower support and held its own Darvis Box forming.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ and other stocks clear green/red reversals. It dropped below $73.25 on the flash.
IrishTxAggie
AG
This seems counter to what created FB..

https://www.instagram.com/jerrynews/p/ButoggtD6CS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10ayl71secl3n
silvey77
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Is Target the only one that has access to that data in their systems? Walmart, Best Buy or Game Stops?
I don't have the ability to verify the sales data at these other retailers. I have done heavy research for gamestop, and then used available data from electronic and gaming sales to estimate for Wal Mart, best buy and Amazon. All that research is on page 404 and 406 of this board.
No man in the wrong can stand against a man in the right that keeps on a comin'
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

God help them if they go past the option expiration. There will be some major anarchy.
Would kill our entire trade. When we entered Tuesday the next week (1st week of MArch) was what was being discussed. I might have been buying right now knowing its mid March but most certainly wouldn't have bought 2 weeks ago.

No biggie.
IrishTxAggie
AG
That would piss pff a lot of people that put faith in them. The 3/15 option volatility is ridiculous!! The borrow rate at puts is astronomical
tramaro1
AG
OA, do you see CX rebounding or are my March 15 calls going to expire worthless? I messed up and didn't sell earlier when it was up.
silvey77
AG
Dobre casy said:

Do you know how the Target #s look YoY? Or what % of their sales are to Target? It looks like their FY17 revenue was ~$3M per week, so I'm trying to put your Target #s in proper perspective.

Also, is your targeted price per share based on a multiple of sales, or are you factoring in their bottom line earnings, ebitda, etc? I haven't traded much on fundamental analysis, so just curious.
The Ebitda is close to the same as their NI because they don't hold big depreciating assets and have very little debt. You can honestly look at their 10q from Q3 and get a good idea of what kind of margins they run and how much they are spending at corporate. They had roughly $45M in NI from $290M revenue in FY18. You can find their prelim earnings report on their website for Q4 and full FY18 numbers. My research is explained in more detail on pages 404 and 406.

I gave the follow up because I will keep getting this data because I want to know what sales are doing before everyone else. Good or bad. Right now it is very very good. They are selling the heck out of headsets right now.
No man in the wrong can stand against a man in the right that keeps on a comin'
oldarmy1
AG
Do I still need to show these flash entry red/green reversal marks that end up as reverse head and shoulders and then that neckline gets broken to the upside? All of this occurring when I typed to be buying your favorites IN REAL TIME.

My question and point is - are people actually learning or simply trading my posts? I don't mind anyone tagging along a posted trade but I could croak tomorrow and your purpose of being on this forum and thread is to learn how to read the markets - not time them - but READ them and make experienced and educated entries into stocks. I was buying thousands of shares of ROKU and SQ on those signatures, and you should have been too.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Do I still need to show these flash entry red/green reversal marks that end up as reverse head and shoulders and then that neckline gets broken to the upside? All of this occurring when I typed to be buying your favorites IN REAL TIME.

My question and point is - are people actually learning or simply trading my posts? I don't mind anyone tagging along a posted trade but I could croak tomorrow and your purpose of being on this forum and thread is to learn how to read the markets - not time them - but READ them and make experienced and educated entries into stocks. I was buying thousands of shares of ROKU and SQ on those signatures, and you should have been too.

A) I learn a ton and really appreciate

B) Don't die tomorrow as I also like following you on some of these
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Learning here (although I can't watch the 1 min ticks).

I did post about the IH&S but it had already broken the neckline and I deleted the post so as to not confuse anyone.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

A) I learn a ton and really appreciate

B) Don't die tomorrow as I also like following you on some of these

oldarmy1
AG
ROKU breaking out. Looks like $73 area would get premiums to a double.
oldarmy1
AG
You should be a seller on at least half of ROKU buys on the big volume spike. Likely to start a green'red reversal.

Talking shares bought on the green red reversal from $69.70 area. Take the over $2/share profit in under 30 minutes every dang time!

To be clear you could have sold your Call Options for 50% profit but I hold those with plenty of time and the macro chart looking good for continuation. But on these intraday flash share entries, if they give you a prolonged ride like this then you wait for the big volume and exit. BINGO! I don't care what AI or Market Makers think they are trying to fool - they can't beat good technical and analytics based on volume most of the time.

First Page Last Page
Page 417 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.