Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,020,333 Views | 224194 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Chef Elko
EngrAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought some 3/22 SPY calls for $291 strike.
$8 per contract.

Figured OA is probably right and the S&P500 will rise in the coming days once it breaks through as well as more positive china deal talk may skyrocket the economy if a deal is made in the coming weeks.
Ranger222
AG
I really do hate gap up mornings.....unless you are selling in pretrading hours you always get these selloffs at open.

The big selloffs in the software names is a little concerning to me. Those stocks have been the leaders the last two months. We'll see if AMZN and NFLX can lead higher now are we are at the first stage of a new downtrend.
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

I really do hate gap up mornings.....unless you are selling in pretrading hours you always get these selloffs at open.

The big selloffs in the software names is a little concerning to me. Those stocks have been the leaders the last two months. We'll see if AMZN and NFLX can lead higher now are we are at the first stage of a new downtrend.
Yep, bottom falling out a bit now
Ranger222
AG
Should see some recovery here
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

Should see some recovery here
Or not
gougler08
AG
The machines giveth, and they taketh away
culdeus
AG
The amount of put buying on the SPY the last week or two is really big. Where the hell do people come up with the money to lay the other side?
Aggie_2463
AG
HEAR still green on this red day
gougler08
AG
2765 or so seems like decent resistance for now
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Ranger222 said:

The ascending triangle (rising wedge?) on NFLX appears to have been a reversal at this point. If it has broken down, the pattern suggests a 39 point potential, +/-. I have not taken a position.

edit: the declining volume isn't consistent this pattern.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Headed out of the country Sunday for the week. Have a great one all!
spence10
AG
docaggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Headed out of the country Sunday for the week. Have a great one all!
News from next Friday's:
CNBC reports volume for this past week uncharacteristicly light. Experts baffled.

How am I supposed to have any open positions with you gone?
ProgN
OA, you the man.

I rolled out of 109 puts on CYBR and bought the 103 puts with 75% of the profits. So now I have a profit and a net free trade if CYBR goes down further.

I know you won't see this until you get back, but I bet you'll smile knowing you helped a small fish.

Thanks,
Prog
TombstoneTex
AG
In on HEAR. Fingers crossed!
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Looks like they're going to try and park HEAR right on that resistance line. Nope, may break through. Nice.

edit 2: closed back in the triangle. Tomorrow should be fun.
gougler08
AG
gotsand said:

Ranger222 said:

The ascending triangle (rising wedge?) on NFLX appears to have been a reversal at this point. If it has broken down, the pattern suggests a 39 point potential, +/-. I have not taken a position.

edit: the declining volume isn't consistent this pattern.
It definitely broke out the bottom, but agree the volume doesn't follow...not sure what to think here, but hoping it will spike to 375+ where I'll throw a trailing stop loss on it and call it a day
Aggie_2463
AG
Hear up 5.77% today on a red day..... Let's hope it keeps trucking to $20 this week!
E
AG
NIO dropping in after hours
IrishTxAggie
AG
Meh. 2% for them AH isn't much.
J_Landes89
AG
Good! I want MORE!
ProgN

For anyone new to trading.
J_Landes89
AG
Anyone else on here have a self-directed Roth IRA???

Thinking of checking Vanguard or TD out..

Ready to control my own stuff!

Thanks
ProgN
I'm pretty sure AO or his wife do. He posts Good advice for trades within IRAs. You might want to contact him when he comes back next week.

You have stars so send him a PM.
J_Landes89
AG
Thanks! Do you mean OA?
ProgN
Yes, my bad.
spud1910
AG
I have a Roth through Vanguard. Pretty happy with it. Haven't contributed it for awhile, but started it with a health stock fund and it has done well.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I have a Roth through Vanguard, as well. Brokerage fees are reasonable, but you'll likely want to use a 3rd party trading platform for charts, etc. If you like their ETFs, I think they trade commission free.
Rice and Fries
Thoughts on Spotify?

They've gone down a bit since earnings but just announced that they added 1 Million listeners in India. That's a good sign.

I am targeting around $139.00 to get in, but may jump in as high as $139.75. Small position though
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Those GG 3/15 $11 calls just flashed ITM
WestTexAg12
AG
I'm about to switch my USAA stuff over to vanguard when I get time.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
badharambe
AG
Hello Again!

I hope all trading for yall has been going well. As I stated my intention a few weeks ago, I shorted around 2740 at the 200 daily average and that obviously failed miserably. I took a decent loss on that but went ahead and took it off on the 2755 break on 2/14

I am back looking to be proven wrong again by the market, I am currently looking to short pops in the market and believe this ~2800 area is a lot of risk to the downside with very little upside potential left. My bias may change if we clear the 2820 are, however, there seem to be many signals (fundamental and technical) to start putting capital into cash and/or shorting the market.
badharambe
AG
I've got TDA and love all but the high fees.

Interactive brokers may be an option for you if you'd like other suggestions.
gougler08
AG
Bleh, ALGN down big on an arbitration announcement
ProgN
badharambe said:

Hello Again!

I hope all trading for yall has been going well. As I stated my intention a few weeks ago, I shorted around 2740 at the 200 daily average and that obviously failed miserably. I took a decent loss on that but went ahead and took it off on the 2755 break on 2/14

I am back looking to be proven wrong again by the market, I am currently looking to short pops in the market and believe this ~2800 area is a lot of risk to the downside with very little upside potential left. My bias may change if we clear the 2820 are, however, there seem to be many signals (fundamental and technical) to start putting capital into cash and/or shorting the market.
All the graphs I follow are pointing to a pullback as well.
Aggie09Derek
AG
badharambe said:

I've got TDA and love all but the high fees.

Interactive brokers may be an option for you if you'd like other suggestions.
Message them about getting trade fees down. I am at $5 with them with little to no effort and i'm guessing could get it lower.
First Page Last Page
Page 413 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.