Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,805 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
What do you think about the huge volume and possible bottom in FOX today?

16MM volume today vs avg volume of 2.6MM. No big news today and we're a month out from earnings. Last quarter they had a 25% earnings surprise.
I'm not seeing that last minute volume bar. 1.25M during trading hours. Did they have a private equity share offer that hit after hours? I know they promised a $6 Billion stock repurchase program over a 12 month period. That volume looks like a settlement trade at the close. At any rate it bears watching because the buyer, FOX or otherwise invested a ton of money.
Gator2_01
AG
Yep, I think we can disregard that last post of mine regarding FOX. After looking it up again it appears to have been a glitch in the data service from OptionsHouse. I'm showing regular volume now.
Post removed:
by user
claym711
AG
Finally moved outside of Friday's action, and to the downside. We now have some downward price momentum over the past week and a half and some more volatile price action.
oldarmy1
AG
151k jobs
4.9% imaginary unemployment

Jobs report
Comanche_Ag
AG
I guess the markets think this is good news.
claym711
AG
It's all about monetary policy until an actual recession hits. Then it will still be about monetary policy after the correction.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
I guess the markets think this is good news.
It means chance of September rate hike is close to "0". Free money continues!

TCK options stay on until TCK breaks $17.50
oldarmy1
AG
Exiting the MO options with 126% gains.
oldarmy1
AG
Have I mentioned lately that there has been no change to buying the dips?
claym711
AG
Awesome trade man. That's incredible
oldarmy1
AG
GILD going in on Sept. 9 $79 strike at 35 cents.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Would you mind explaining your MO trade a bit more? I don't remember what position you had. Was it just another buy the dip, sell when price rises to preserve capital and let the rest ride?
oldarmy1
AG
Markets just above midway of the support/resistance channel. If you bought dips and get pops, like we did on MO, note that I take profits off the table. Although no probable interest rate hikes have typically resulted in another bull leg higher at some point the forward looking markets will find its end game. As a general rule markets look forward 6 months for traders. That puts us into February and the new President will be in office.

Watching each channel formed closely to factor into everything else.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Would you mind explaining your MO trade a bit more? I don't remember what position you had. Was it just another buy the dip, sell when price rises to preserve capital and let the rest ride?
Position was $66.50 Calls for today. $0.21 cent entry and closed out at $0.47 on spike. And with expiration being today it was a full sale.
oldarmy1
AG
Markets 50% retracement from today's high mark. Could go either way now. Remember markets are closed Monday so options decay factored.
claym711
AG
Sat today out but my analysis prior to today was a battle of POCs and that we would likely rotate between 60 and 80 for the most part, until this area was fully equalized. I don't think it will take 14-16 days like the previous two consolidation ranges bough and I think we get some volitility returned to this market.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Sat today out but my analysis prior to today was a battle of POCs and that we would likely rotate between 60 and 80 for the most part, until this area was fully equalized. I don't think it will take 14-16 days like the previous two consolidation ranges bough and I think we get some volitility returned to this market.
Seeing some within individual stocks. Markets just hanging green. Last half into long weekend.
oldarmy1
AG
GILD gapping up nearly $1. Those options should be value money at open and potentially in the money today.
Comanche_Ag
AG
Nice jump!
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Nice jump!
oldarmy1
AG
Alert - Closing out remaining TCK options. Woot!
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
GILD gapping up nearly $1. Those options should be value money at open and potentially in the money today.
Clear resistance sits at $78...had a 172 minute volume spike attempt to punch through rebuffed. It breaks that and it's off to the races.
Comanche_Ag
AG
TWTR is up over 10% the last few days, It looks like $21 is the resistance level?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
TWTR is up over 10% the last few days, It looks like $21 is the resistance level?
Unconfirmed thus far but agree that approaching $21 most likely hits short term resistance. It knocks through it then get ready for a ride.

GILD continues its move. Options rocking.
oldarmy1
AG
ALERT: Closing out 75% of GILD $79 calls at 44 cents. Would like to hold longer but with shortened week and this friday expiration I am booking the majority of gains.

Corrected. Actual sell was 90% of the order filled at 44 and remainder 43.
gindaloon
AG
Is that a typo on price? i have had these on my screen and i see the high today is $0.44 (yes I have live real-time pricing).
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Is that a typo on price? i have had these on my screen and i see the high today is $0.44 (yes I have live real-time pricing).
Sure was....It was a sell at the bid...ask was 47..apologies. Sell was a trigger sale since I was away from markets. Sell on 47 cents ask triggered market sell order, to be clear.
oldarmy1
AG
Sideways action most recent bounce has paused at the midway level. The resistance selling intensified each time the midway level was breached. If we can't rise above yesterdays close today then most traders will position a retest of the lower levels.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone know why Sallie Mae, SLM, is breaking out?
oldarmy1
AG
A lot of money flow continues into small caps. RUT is smoking and TZA (Bear ETF) is at all time lows.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Any counters in case SN doesn't fall to the $8.00 strike price by Sept 16th?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
A lot of money flow continues into small caps. RUT is smoking and TZA (Bear ETF) is at all time lows. You can see the bottom guessers on TZA have increased but are getting hammered with every new low. That is a chart of death. Expect a reverse stock split famous for ETF's coming soon.
Comanche_Ag
AG
VIX closed below $12 again. I notice it has done so several times since the summer but doesn't seem to ever stay down more than a few days.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Any counters in case SN doesn't fall to the $8.00 strike price by Sept 16th?
Any price below $8.75 (Option plus covered call premium) you would just buy equivalent number of shares if you actually want to stay 100% invested. I'd take some of the money off the table for now.
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.