Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,682 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jagvocate
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tramaro1 said:

Let us know your locks OA!

I want V options at some point. Will be watching if it's a couple day consolidation or a reversal wave that might get it to lose $130. If we see below $130 just know I'll be buying $135 options out a week if a flash bottom scenario occurs or $140 strikes out a month to allow more time for working through the clutter.

Other financial stocks will be my trades as well. They have the best clear growth path over the next 2 quarters. Not as sexy as tech but more predictable, but will also be on the lookout for overextended downside techs and drug stocks.
oldarmy1
AG
Don't be surprised to see markets move up off of the negative open. Green candle Friday pushing upwards versus a shooting star means the bulls will challenge the selloff. Some early trader entries likely to pay off buying initial drop a few minutes after the open.
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

Let us know your locks OA!

I want V options at some point. Will be watching if it's a couple day consolidation or a reversal wave that might get it to lose $130. If we see below $130 just know I'll be buying $135 options out a week if a flash bottom scenario occurs or $140 strikes out a month to allow more time for working through the clutter.

Other financial stocks will be my trades as well. They have the best clear growth path over the next 2 quarters. Not as sexy as tech but more predictable, but will also be on the lookout for overextended downside techs and drug stocks.

Sorry what stock are you referring to?
oldarmy1
AG
V = Visa

Other financials JPM, BAC, PNC, MS on any good pullbacks.
oldarmy1
AG
After filling the one tiny gap on the way up we should at least note that we have the same size gap at 2644 on the pullback that might be a pivot point if this is a consolidation only pullback.

We have our first h pattern on the minute charts, so watching that for technical follow through downward or rejection likely sets the tone for the day.
oldarmy1
AG
V has gone green
IrishTxAggie
AG
Anyone have thoughts on LRCX with their earnings coming into tomorrow AH?
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Based on the juice in the option premiums I would ask Ranger for his spread special.
oldarmy1
AG
2nd h pattern fail on the day filled the small gap
oldarmy1
AG
Going for #3 now

So far its just an orderly consolidation day to move weak hands that don't hedge out of the shares.
oldarmy1
AG
Double bottom on that 3rd attempt. All this happening around the gap fill so the bulls are trying to make it a bottom low.
clobby
AG
OA play by play is like Tony Romo in the booth.
oldarmy1
AG
V continues to move up slowly. $139.50 would likely get some momentum past $140. Sometimes being right about a stock doesn't mean you traded it right. Friday calls at 48 cents are now 91 cents
gougler08
AG
So where is the SPX heading from here? Basically running out of room on this sharp upward wedge and it's gotta go somewhere...

drill4oil78
AG
Considering as over bought the market is at this time and resistance levels above, odds are that we are going down. It would be healthy for the long run if we made a move down and test some levels.
claym711
AG
My trend configs flipped short today. Could be temp pullback, but I'm short.
oldarmy1
AG
Some sideways retrace would be nice as drill says.....not great for options except covered calls put in late last week. Makes those dreamy.
oldarmy1
AG
I bought the cheap $135 Puts on V hoping for a roll over to enter shares against risk free. It's come back some but need a continuation wave to get it there.
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

So where is the SPX heading from here? Basically running out of room on this sharp upward wedge and it's gotta go somewhere...

down would be my guess
oldarmy1
AG
Lovely h pattern day continues after a brief battle around the gap fill.

I bought JD calls due to the volume increase on this last move down to $21.80 area. Went with the $22.50 weekly at 24 cents. I also bought V $140 calls against my $135 Puts due to its coming down below $138. That's a good sandwhich for whichever way the markets trend this week.
leoj
AG
And we just cancelled talked with China
badharambe
AG
not many big name e/r coming out, and depending on news, I expect the typically bearish wedge to be bearish. Do I expect us to retrace to the bottom of the "v" in a weeks time? not really, I believe the easy short money has been made and it will take a while before we test the current lows.

a few things I'm watchin / have a position in:

note:
50daymoving average - copper
100daymoving average - silver
200daymoving average - gold

fb - puts for a few weeks out around 130$ level (my cheapies play)

nflx- no current position but its testing the breakout of the difficult to distinguish megaphone/channel trendline (i believe its a megaphone, which is typically a bearish sign) and back under 200 day. (the overall story on nflx seems to be changing to a bearish tone, will post more on this later)

uvxy - calls for a few weeks out, I love the bottom trend continuation and divergence strength based around the 23% fib.
Shiner Bock
AG
JD off big time today, presumably from Chinese growth data and cancellation of US-Chinese talks. Now to find an entry....

Edit: Have no idea how i missed OA1 discussion of JD above, thanks!
oldarmy1
AG
Buying back my covered call since a bunch of juice is out of it here around $323 and will wait to see if any rebound before entering a new one closer to the money just in case. I need another $5 down to reach my Put hedge so the premium decay and downward move on the covered calls were big.
MAS444
AG
Do you guys still think JD is a good long term buy and hold?
IrishTxAggie
AG
MAS444 said:

Do you guys still think JD is a good long term buy and hold?
Depends on how long Xi and Trump keep up their *****
oldarmy1
AG
Long as NFLX holds $320 I'll go without a covered call replacement today.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Based on the juice in the option premiums I would ask Ranger for his spread special.
RANGER BAT SIGNAL

What would be the options trade here.
oldarmy1
AG
This could be a short clear out pop occurring right now ahead of further retracement tomorrow.
leoj
AG
Talks were not cancelled per Kudlow. Who is coming out with this garbage reporting?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Talks were not cancelled per Kudlow. Who is coming out with this garbage reporting?
If talks weren't cancelled then buying $22.50 JD before the close would be the bomb
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Thanks for this alert leoj...When NFLX pushed past $325 I almost pulled the trigger on covered calls but that changed my decision.
badharambe
AG
nflx 330 level huge in regards to many potential future resistances if we can get back up there. The trendline above is around there, strong support/resistance is around there over the past 6 trading days, and its a mental level.

I am intrigued with the potential to short financials such as GS and BAC. They have had some of the biggest recoveries/bounces that jump out to me in a market scan. They seem like very good candidates for further pullbacks as they are extremely overbought and are near big moving averages, is there a fundamentals reason - besides decent earnings - that I should avoid it?
oldarmy1
AG
1 Million share buy in first minute after hours on JD jumped it 8 cents
IrishTxAggie
AG
Picked up $22.5 weeklies for .2
First Page Last Page
Page 358 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.