Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,056,012 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by cryption
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bottom fishing here with daily lotto call on nflx.
this week 350$

tight stop here, monitoring SPY and NFLX lows as guides. The market has been rewarding dip buyers, so I'll see if it wants to continue that trend for 80$

edit: 25% stop loss cut. putting lotto into aapl 160$ calls (today expiry), got 10 calls for .05
oldarmy1
AG
Sold at 30 cents for JD! Now that's a Friday option special!!!
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Sold at 30 cents for JD! Now that's a Friday option special!!!
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/18/china-to-offer-path-to-eliminate-trade-imbalance-with-us-report.html
Quote:

China has offered a six-year boost in imports during its ongoing talks with the U.S., officials familiar with the matter told CNBC.

Chinese officials made the offer during negotiations in Beijing earlier in January, Bloomberg News reported. China would increase its annual import of U.S. goods by a combined value of over $1 trillion, the officials told Bloomberg, which was first to report on the import boost offer.

The U.S. had a trade deficit of $323 billion with China in 2018. This deal would aim to reduce that annual trade difference to $0 by 2024, one of the officials told Bloomberg.

Stocks rose to their highs of the day when news of the offer hit Wall Street
gougler08
AG
TWTR coming out of the flag pattern today...let's see if it can hold/follow up Monday
oldarmy1
AG
Sometimes you get lucky.

Maybe I should roll some profits into the $23.50?
oldarmy1
AG
JD might just keep on trending this time. Just a matter of time, so why not get on with a nice short squeeze move to $30???
ProgN
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3015927

Thought of you brother when I posted this.
oldarmy1
AG
JD volume running hot....let it fly!
59 South
AG
Shorts are getting crushed and I love it.

Couple of things to always remember about momentum... first it's a hell of a drug and second it runs both ways. Remember December when we kept thinking it just couldn't keep going down day after day after day?
Señor Chang
AG
SUM is up 4% today. That was another great recommendation from this board.
gougler08
AG
Seor Chang said:

That huge gap around 24 is enticing with SUM
aunuwyn08
AG
So now that markets are breaking through resistance, will they break out or reverse and retest bottom support?
E
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

MNGA booming PM
I need this POS to get to .30 ASAP!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lots of volume and a bit of a breakout for DBX
IrishTxAggie
AG
E said:

IrishTxAggie said:

MNGA booming PM
I need this POS to get to .30 ASAP!
Cost average down. It won't be getting to $.30 before the end of this month is my guess.
E
AG
I bought 4,000 more shares after it dipped to the .16-.18 range to an average down to .22

I'm maxed on what I'm comfortable putting into the market right now
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Seor Chang said:

That huge gap around 24 is enticing with SUM
Is it just me or do the May $15 calls seem relatively cheap on SUM?
Dan Scott
AG
When you lose money when the market is going up, you're a dumbass. I am a dumbass.
CT-11
AG
Lots of people (including me) were positioned short or had sold positions at this "obvious" resistance, so of course they rip right thru it causing shorts to cover and further fuel the rip and FOMO buyers to step in. The question is, does this reverse after everyone is nice and bullish again?

gougler08
AG

That wedge from a week ago still seems to be holding (we're at the very top now), but it's going to be **** or get off the pot time soon on if we fall back to retest or keep heading up
gougler08
AG
Or it may just run now...
oldarmy1
AG
aunuwyn08 said:

So now that markets are breaking through resistance, will they break out or reverse and retest bottom support?
There is never a guarantee of a retest. Heck, the January 3rd drop to 2450 might have been the attempt at a retest that was crushed. All the easy buying was done back and what I would be focusing on is individual stocks that have not broken the resistance from the lower ranges like JD, GILD as prime opportunities. Then take ones that have, or are breaking out like MU, AMAT on majors with our value bottomed trades like SUM and CX
oldarmy1
AG
Sell a May $15 Put on SUM for $1.50 giving a net entry at $13.50 if for some reason the markets drop. Otherwise you're gonna pocket a sweet $150/option. Wide spread on it so maybe start with a $1.75 ask but you might scare the bid down.
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6605839/Billionaire-lists-luxurious-Colorado-ranch-46-million-complete-private-trout-fishing.html

OA, go buy this and invite all us little peeps to a house warming party.
oldarmy1
AG
All my properties are in Texas!
ProgN
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

All my properties are in Texas!

Property taxes are way lower there!
59 South
AG
Just bought a ROKU TV to help the cause. Now $50 SP please!
oldarmy1
AG
If I had missed the bottom here's what I would be doing. I have 75% of my cash in the markets right now. Let's say you were sidelined right now kicking yourself for not pulling the trigger. I would calculate Put orders across a bunch of stocks out of the money that give you good premium AND if they were to fall back enough to execute into actual shares would comprise 50% of your capital.

So what happens if markets stay up or go higher? I bet your ROI would be 15-20% on the total capital without having exposed much of any of it to the markets.

Alternatively you could buy shares of companies and sell covered calls in the money which gives you a lower net entry or a higher payoff profit.

Bottomline - as I say - get money to work for you. Buy NFLX and sell a Feb $335 covered call for $23. You are going to get either $358 or net entry of $347 - $23 = $324.
ProgN
https://www.cepro.com/article/ce_pro_review_40_roku_premiere_wins_over_apple_fanboy

Good article on ROKU for anyone interested.
claym711
AG
2680-2700 Now resistance. Over that, will go to 2750. Everything I have is still Long.
IrishTxAggie
AG
TSLA getting murdered. 7% workforce layoff at TSLA and 10% at Space X. Gonna be a long year for them I think...
gougler08
AG
ALGN seems to have gotten out of that downward wedge, think next resistance will be 235 but if it gets through that, could run to gap closure of 290 soon after
khkman22
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

TSLA getting murdered. 7% workforce layoff at TSLA and 10% at Space X. Gonna be a long year for them I think...
You think they make it that long? You sure have high hopes for them.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Space X will. TSLA...might be a different story
First Page Last Page
Page 356 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.